Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
And alot of companies are not hiring black men as it is even when the brother is well qualified

They would hire a black woman/Latino Woman first cause that kills 2 birds with one stone for the company.. THEY HIRED A MINORITY AND A WOMAN.. where as if they hire a black man they eventually have to hire a woman equally 2 payroll checks

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What type of things could you find out by living with someone before marriage that you can't living separately from them? I

:patrice: i'm convinced you've never been a serious long term relationship

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spending a week with your bf here and there is different from living with him - seeing him 24/7 (aside from work etc). When you're spending nights or random weeks it's like you're on vacation mode. Just like visiting NYC several times a year and spending time there is different from actually living there day-to-day. At least that's how I feel. You get an idea of what it's like, but you don't get the full picture.

I'm not worried because I wouldn't move in with a long term boyfriend worrying about how he may screw me over...it's just not my mentality. I wouldn't be with him in the first place if I had that even in the back of my mind.

Then spend a month...or two but go back to your own shyt. Invite him over for a month or two. I'm not going in thinking I will be screwed financially, but I won't put myself in that position before it's necessary and it's NEVER necessary before marriage, imo.

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Then spend a month...or two but go back to your own shyt. Invite him over for a month or two. I'm not going in thinking I will be screwed financially, but I won't put myself in that position before it's necessary and it's NEVER necessary before marriage, imo.

I wouldn't want to go back unless I don't want to be with him. That's just me.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Although I'm going to medical school, I have no problem with a wife making more money than I do. It's better than a mooching woman with no money, no ambition and no sense. :yeshrug:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:manny:

well you wont really know the person you're with until y'all lived together for awhile. :yeshrug: anything else is just two people fronting for eachother.

Exactly. You're always going to be on your best behaviour...it's like people who are in "online" relationships and never met - or hardly see one another.

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
I wouldn't mind being with a woman that made a lot of money, cuz I'll be honest I don't exactly enjoy working...at all.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I've heard some men say they wouldn't/couldn't date a woman who makes significantly more than them because it makes them feel less of a man. I can kind of understand this because of the role of the man is to provide and protect his household and if he feels he's not doing that then it can make him seem as a failure although I don't agree with the though pattern.
Money is power....the one with the most money control the relationship

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
that's great and all but still not ideal, in my opinion.

how are black men going to ever challenge white supremacy, when they can't even dominate their own race of women? y'all really don't see the parallels between black mens financial position, and your perceived lack of value in america. i've stopped listening to women and men cosign this ideology because look at where it's gotten the black community. this funny style pseudo matriarchy, where women run the homes and relationships but can still hide behind the white patriarchal standard. nikkas laying up in they woman house, driving their womans car, eating her food; this is all you are fostering with this "it's okay for me to be the bread winner" mentality. y'all are fostering a "beautiful black man" culture. the young dudes think its normal to only come into a relationship with dikk and swag now. then we gotta hear shyt from women (@muse) about how the white men treat you better and aren't cheap like us broke nikkas :laugh:

What do you mean my dominate? This thread is just about the woman making more money than the man, not the man being a broke no job no good bum.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Money is power....the one with the most money control the relationship

not really, there are deadbeat dudes all over who don't even work, yet are controlling the women they are living with.

Many married men as well who make alot of money and their wives stay home all day watching soaps and spending their money control their relationship as well.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't want to go back unless I don't want to be with him. That's just me.
LOL of course you wouldn't and that's the point when your relationship should start progressing towards marriage. What's the point in getting married for real if you're just going to play the role before it's time? This is how people end up in 10 year long term relationships and men refer to chicks as "wifey" :heh:
well you wont really know the person you're with until y'all lived together for awhile. :yeshrug: anything else is just two people fronting for eachother.

That's your opinion and I don't agree with it.