Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I would never live with someone I'm not married to. That's a financial risk right there and the only time when who makes more money should be an issue. If one person has more debt than the other, they have to be responsible for not only their portion of the shared bills, but their individual bills as well which sometimes impacts how they pay their shared bills depending on how much money they make.

I see it no different than having a roommate. I'm living with my best friend at the moment and her individual bills are her business and vice versa. We pay rent, cable/internet together and that's it. The cable's in her name - soon as she gets the bill, she pays it and then I e-transfer the money to her within a week. When rent day comes, she writes one cheque with her half of the rent and I write a separate with mine and we submit two cheques. She has her student loan, I have my mortgage and what we individually make doesn't impact our living situation.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
you men need to really peep this shyt and see how quick women attack the idea of you earning more than them. they DO NOT want you in a better financial position than them, ask yourselves why. they'll come in here and quickly talk about how "it's a partnership, it doesn't change anything" blah, blah, blah -- BULLshyt. these women will pull a dikk out on you first chance they get, don't buy into their nonsense, you need to dominate ya woman financially!

eh it can work my mom has always made more than my dad sometimes 50k more, HOWEVER i do see what you are saying i remember as kid growing up, and my mom would birng up fine I'll buy it myself , if my dad was like no we don't need a new fridge or whatever.

I also do think women do look down on men they make more than, I've dated a rich girl before i'm talking like her family owned a few car dealerships, lived on a estate etc. and she always treated me like i was oliver twist a frigging charity case.

Anyways as time goes on women will make more than men, manufacturing is dying, unions are dying, healthcare and white collar office jobs are thriving, women have monopolies on secretarial, administrative assistants, dental hygensists, nurses all stable careers that pay good. More women are in college than males, just a matter of time.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to live with the woman before we walk down the aisle. From the time of engagement, we move in together. shyt is too much of a risk these days.
It's more of a risk moving in with someone you're not married to from a financial standpoint.

Most couples are going to move up in housing and move into a place the both of them can't afford by themselves. If the shyt goes belly up, one person has to move and/or they have to live together until the lease is up. Breaking the lease costs money, moving costs money, readjusting your life, schedule and commute costs time.

I'm all for an enaged couple staying long periods of time at each other's homes to "test" the waters but fukk giving up your own space before you say I do. Maintaining two households may be more expensive initially, but you'll thank your lucky stars if the engagement goes foul.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't agree with milking a female for her money while the man does absolutely nothing for himself (or vice versa) - which I think is what you're more so concerned about.

i'm concerned that boys growing up seeing this "equal partnership" don't realize they're supposed to surpass their women. we're the only race of men thats neck and neck with our women financially. we're the only race of men that has a lot of unruly woman with an uncheckable attitude, coincidence? im done entertaining the idea, there's nothing you all can type to sway my opinion on it. i just hate watching women cosign this non sense, then complain when the problem spills into other areas of their lives.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's more of a risk moving in with someone you're not married to from a financial standpoint.

Most couples are going to move up in housing and move into a place the both of them can't afford by themselves. If the shyt goes belly up, one person has to move and/or they have to live together until the lease is up. Breaking the lease costs money, moving costs money, readjusting your life, schedule and commute costs time.

I'm all for an enaged couple staying long periods of time at each other's homes to "test" the waters but fukk giving up your own space before you say I do. Maintaining two households may be more expensive initially, but you'll thank your lucky stars if the engagement goes foul.

stats show when couples live together before marriage it leads to divorce at a higher rate than if they don't.

But I know how y'all hate stats

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's stupid. So if dude is making $10 an hour he needs to find a chick making $8 an hour instead of one making $20 an hour. Instead of a $30 an hour earning family, you want them to earn $18? Get way the fukk out of here.

man, dumb ass FEMALE logic, b. better question is why would the chick making $20 an hour want the nikka making $10 an hour? shouldn't she be searching for the man making $40 an hour?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i'm concerned that boys growing up seeing this "equal partnership" don't realize they're supposed to surpass past their women. we're the only race of men thats neck and neck with our women financially. we're the only race of men that has a lot of unruly woman with an uncheckable attitude, coincidence? im done entertaining the idea, there's nothing you all can type to sway my opinion on it. i just hate watching women cosign this non sense, then complain when the problem spills into other areas of their lives.

women are passing men and will continue to like i said, manufacturing and unions are dying.

More women are becoming doctors, lawyers than ever. Women have monopolies on the growing job sectors out there.

There are more women in colleges and universities than they are males.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see it no different than having a roommate. I'm living with my best friend at the moment and her individual bills are her business and vice versa. We pay rent, cable/internet together and that's it. The cable's in her name - soon as she gets the bill, she pays it and then I e-transfer the money to her within a week. When rent day comes, she writes one cheque with her half of the rent and I write a separate with mine and we submit two cheques. She has her student loan, I have my mortgage and what we individually make doesn't impact our living situation.
Living with a friend is nothing like living with someone you're in a relationship with. Even still if your roommate decides to leave or doesn't pay her portion of the shared bills, you're in trouble. You can't tell the landlord that you're staying because you paid your half. Room mates are risky as well.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
man, dumb ass FEMALE logic, b. better question is why would the chick making $20 an hour want the nikka making $10 an hour? shouldn't she be searching for the man making $40 an hour?

Successful women marry up, according to another article I read lol

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What is wrong with dating a dude that makes $10 an hour? He's not going to make that forever. Even the dude making $40 an hour can get laid off and make $0 an hour. If you're dating someone it really doesn't matter how much they make as long as they can take care of their personal finances. When you're married is makes even less of a difference because you're pooling your money together.

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Living with a friend is nothing like living with someone you're in a relationship with. Even still if your roommate decides to leave or doesn't pay her portion of the shared bills, you're in trouble. You can't tell the landlord that you're staying because you paid your half. Room mates are risky as well.

Well, anything in life is a risk. You can be married and your husband/wife can die - then you're stuck with everything. You cross that bridge when you get to it (IF you get to it). I wouldn't suggest moving in with just anyone...but if you're dating someone 2 yrs + and are in a serious relationship, you would have an idea of what their financial situation is like.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
women are passing men and will continue to like i said, manufacturing and unions are dying.

More women are becoming doctors, lawyers than ever. Women have monopolies on the growing job sectors out there.

There are more women in colleges and universities than they are males.

What about the black male privilege? :patrice:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, anything in life is a risk. You can be married and your husband/wife can die - then you're stuck with everything. You cross that bridge when you get to it (IF you get to it). I wouldn't suggest moving in with just anyone...but if you're dating someone 2 yrs + and are in a serious relationship, you would have an idea of what their financial situation is like.

As a married couple, they both should have life insurance for 10x their income (of a set amount for a stay at home mom) that should cover bills plus more in the event that one passes away. Boyfriends and Girlfriends don't take life insurance policies out on each other. There is a different level financially that comes with marriage.