Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
not really, there are deadbeat dudes all over who don't even work, yet are controlling the women they are living with.

Many married men as well who make a lot of money and their wives stay home all day watching soaps and spending their money control their relationship as well.

I spoke in generalities.....in general if you make more money you control the relationship.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I agree with this. I think once you get engaged then it's time to lay it all out on the table. It definitely shouldn't be a post marriage conversation.

yall are insane. once you get past 27ish, finances is a critical part of the discussion.

im not about to wait until i fall in love with a chick to find out that she's got $120k in student loans. :scusthov:

matter of fact finances come up in the conversation after a couple months of dating. at least in my situation. it doesn't take long to peep how somebody is living (car, house, etc.), if they're paying their bills, and if they have money problems.​

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. You're always going to be on your best behaviour...it's like people who are in "online" relationships and never met - or hardly see one another.
Maybe I just don't know how to behave LOL

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
The one with most the balls (figuratively) controls the realtionship
no the one with the most money MAJORITY of the time controls the relationship.

There are always exceptions but NOT the rule.

money = power. There is no dispute here

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
LOL of course you wouldn't and that's the point when your relationship should start progressing towards marriage. What's the point in getting married for real if you're just going to play the role before it's time? This is how people end up in 10 year long term relationships and men refer to chicks as "wifey" :heh:

That's your opinion and I don't agree with it.

I used to think like that when I was younger.

If a man wants to marry you, he will...whether you're together for 1 yr, 10 yrs, living together, not living together etc. I don't need even need that piece of paper to be fully committed to someone. I don't believe that marriage is a progression - you don't get married cause it's the next step - you get married because you feel that this person is your soulmate, you don't want to live without this person in your life and you want to give 100% to that person. I want to make sure I test the waters before I make that big leap.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yall are insane. once you get past 27ish, finances is a critical part of the discussion.

im not about to wait until i fall in love with a chick to find out that she's got $120k in student loans. :scusthov:

matter of fact finances come up in the conversation after a couple months of dating. at least in my situation. it doesn't take long to peep how somebody is living (car, house, etc.), if they're paying their bills, and if they have money problems.​
Reincar said you shouldn't know how much your s/o makes and I agree with that. You can talk about debt and gauge their financial habits/situation without knowing their salary.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LOL of course you wouldn't and that's the point when your relationship should start progressing towards marriage. What's the point in getting married for real if you're just going to play the role before it's time? This is how people end up in 10 year long term relationships and men refer to chicks as "wifey" :heh:

That's your opinion and I don't agree with it.
you can disagree all you want, but i know i'm right. you can "date" for years and still wont know who your mate is until you've lived together indefinitely. how do you really know how you function as a married couple, when you have tested those waters?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The one with most the balls (figuratively) controls the realtionship
and that's usually the one with the most money.

it's hard for a woman to pull out her metaphorical dikk and balls when she needs me more than i need her, and we both understand that.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to think like that when I was younger.

If a man wants to marry you, he will...whether you're together for 1 yr, 10 yrs, living together, not living together etc. I don't need even need that piece of paper to be fully committed to someone. I don't believe that marriage is a progression - you don't get married cause it's the next step - you get married because you feel that this person is your soulmate, you don't want to live without this person in your life and you want to give 100% to that person. I want to make sure I test the waters before I make that big leap.
Well if you want to give that person 100% when you marry them, that means you're giving less than 100% before you're married to them. Some percentage to 100% is a cotdamn progression.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I spoke in generalities.....in general if you make more money you control the relationship.

But this depends on what kind of relationship the people have, if you mean living together then yes I would agree but living separately not so much. But I could see some scenarios of that coming into play.

Women with less money: "I want to see this film."
Man with more money: "Well I'm paying and we seeing this one."
Woman with less money:
1347548430499.jpg

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
woman with more money: "I want to see this film."
woman with more money: "i'm paying AS usual, and we're going to see the new tyler perry flick"
man with less money:
1347548430499.jpg

man gets online: "my girl may make more money than me but im still the king in my relationship!"

fixed for accuracy :jawalrus:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
man, dumb ass FEMALE logic, b. better question is why would the chick making $20 an hour want the nikka making $10 an hour? shouldn't she be searching for the man making $40 an hour?

LOL, this is that same backwards-ass chit you were talkin' about earlier.

Let you be dating a female for a little bit who you're feeling. When y'all finallly get to talking about bread, and you make $20 an hour
while she's making $25...you gonna think it's aight that she wants to peace you out because of that?