Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At one point, my mom was pulling more money than my dad and he was fine with it because all the money went into one account and towards the same household. They would always consult with one another before making big purchases. I don't think that making less money than someone makes you subordinate.

that's great and all but still not ideal, in my opinion.

how are black men going to ever challenge white supremacy, when they can't even dominate their own race of women? y'all really don't see the parallels between black mens financial position, and your perceived lack of value in america. i've stopped listening to women and men cosign this ideology because look at where it's gotten the black community. this funny style pseudo matriarchy, where women run the homes and relationships but can still hide behind the white patriarchal standard. nikkas laying up in they woman house, driving their womans car, eating her food; this is all you are fostering with this "it's okay for me to be the bread winner" mentality. y'all are fostering a "beautiful black man" culture. the young dudes think its normal to only come into a relationship with dikk and swag now. then we gotta hear shyt from women (@muse) about how the white men treat you better and aren't cheap like us broke nikkas :laugh:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yea thats true, especially where I live. I would never get myself in a common law situation though

I was against it when I was younger. Now, I'd definitely prefer to live with someone before marrying him.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you can't run your family/home from a subordinate position. if a guy truly wants to run in his relationship, he needs to dominate his woman financially.
So because a man makes less money he's a subordinate in his house? That's crazy. If you're married, you're a team...so how much you make separately doesn't even matter. The two SHOULD be making financial decisions together (using both of their incomes) with the ultimate decision being left up to the man even if that means going with his wife's idea because it's the best financial choice for the both of them.

If the couple is dating, money is kept separately so it shouldn't matter how much dude makes if he's able to take care of his own household and she's able to take care of hers.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was against it when I was younger. Now, I'd definitely prefer to live with someone before marrying him.
You can live with someone without fall into a common law, you just have to take the proper precautions in your state.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So because a man makes less money he's a subordinate in his house? That's crazy. If you're married, you're a team...so how much you make separately doesn't even matter. The two SHOULD be making financial decisions together (using both of their incomes) with the ultimate decision being left up to the man even if that means going with his wife's idea because it's the best financial choice for the both of them.

If the couple is dating, money is kept separately so it shouldn't matter how much dude makes if he's able to take care of his own household and she's able to take care of hers.

you should never tell someone how much you make unless your going to marry them imo

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that's great and all but still not ideal, in my opinion.

how are black men going to ever challenge white supremacy, when they can't even dominate their own race of women? y'all really don't see the parallels between black mens financial position, and your perceived lack of value in america. i've stopped listening to women and men cosign this ideology because look at where it's gotten the black community. this funny style pseudo matriarchy, where women run the homes and relationships but can still hide behind the white patriarchal standard. nikkas laying up in they woman house, driving their womans car, eating her food; this is all you are fostering with this "it's okay for me to be the bread winner" mentality. y'all are fostering a "beautiful black man" culture. the young dudes think its normal to only come into a relationship with dikk and swag now. then we gotta hear shyt from women (@muse) about how the white men treat you better and aren't cheap like us broke nikkas :laugh:

It's just life sometimes. My mom was a stay-at-home mom for the first 7 years of my life. She went to med school and was ambitious, but motherhood took priority. She did some work from home, but never really made a living. Then, my parents moved to Canada. My dad made a lot more because he was here a year prior to secure a job and place to live for us. At one point, my mom became an entrepreneur and was pulling more money. Now, my dad's making more. The roles can change and at no point was one person subordinate to the other. They work together - they're in a partnership. I don't agree with milking a female for her money while the man does absolutely nothing for himself (or vice versa) - which I think is what you're more so concerned about.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would never live with someone I'm not married to. That's a financial risk right there and the only time when who makes more money should be an issue. If one person has more debt than the other, they have to be responsible for not only their portion of the shared bills, but their individual bills as well which sometimes impacts how they pay their shared bills depending on how much money they make.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

you men need to really peep this shyt and see how quick women attack the idea of you earning more than them. they DO NOT want you in a better financial position than them, ask yourselves why. they'll come in here and quickly talk about how "it's a partnership, it doesn't change anything" blah, blah, blah -- BULLshyt. these women will pull a dikk out on you first chance they get, don't buy into their nonsense, you need to dominate ya woman financially!

• Dap
Reactions: GZR

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I would never live with someone I'm not married to. That's a financial risk right there and the only time when who makes more money should be an issue. If one person has more debt than the other, they have to be responsible for not only their portion of the shared bills, but their individual bills as well which sometimes impacts how they pay their shared bills depending on how much money they make.

I have to live with the woman before we walk down the aisle. From the time of engagement, we move in together. shyt is too much of a risk these days.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think men and women should try to find someone they love, who loves them back and wants to grow with the other person and make something together.
The second you start worrying about whether the other person is superior or inferior to you, the relationship is in trouble. This is a sign of insecurity.

That article doesn't really shed many details on the study, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. Frankly, it's conclusion seems right out of a Cosmopolitan magazine.

Whatever generalizations the study makes, I've never considered a woman's salary in any of my relationships.

I think men or women who feel the need to make more than their partner, or feel the need to "run the relationship" are really missing the point of a relationship. At least, from my point of view.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you men need to really peep this shyt and see how quick women attack the idea of you earning more than them. they DO NOT want you in a better financial position than them, ask yourselves why. they'll come in here and quickly talk about how "it's a partnership, it doesn't change anything" blah, blah, blah -- BULLshyt. these women will pull a dikk out on you first chance they get, don't buy into their nonsense, you need to dominate ya woman financially!

That's stupid. So if dude is making $10 an hour he needs to find a chick making $8 an hour instead of one making $20 an hour. Instead of a $30 an hour earning family, you want them to earn $18? Get way the fukk out of here.