Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I find weird that you hardly hear cases of men bragging about making more but you hear a lot of it from women. I wonder why? Women can't handle the power?

They're birds. The chicks bragging about how much they make very rarely make any realy money. It be the ones making 50k trying to pat themselves on the back. It's just misdirected low self esteem.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
But you'll just adjust. My dad was worried a few years ago he might lose his job because his company was going through big changes and they were unionizing some positions etc. He was stressing out so much. My mom sat him down and told him to stop. If needed, they'd sell the house and just grab a condo - something smaller, more affordable. That she'd rather have him lose his job and they need to make a few adjustments rather than him stress himself out to the point of having a heart attack or something. He relaxed after that and turns out, he was good anyway, so he was stressing for no reason. You wouldn't be less of a man - you can help with stuff at home more in that case. So long as two people are working together to be successful in LIFE (and success to me isn't just measured by money) then that's a healthy partnership in my eyes.

I dunno that's just the way I am, I've seen it when my brother in law lost his job couldn't find work for more than a year, just my sister was working and they had two kids :damn:. And I could tell it bothered him, whether you are making a dollar a hour or 100 a hour, whether you have to rob and steal or hustle etc., every man wants to provide for his family, and if I wasn't able to being married and having a family I would feel like less of a man. As well if you were always working while saying dating, courting, getting married and then finally not, whats to know she will stick with you for the struggle or jet.

And well your mom is a good woman, the past generation was cut from a different cloth.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny part is that y'all are focusing on who makes more money and how that effects the relationship, when the real problem is obviously that many of you, particularly guys, are coming into a relationship trying to control or "dominate" another person. Many of you have deep, deep self esteem/insecurity issues and need to work on that before you ever even think about getting into a relationship.

Daps
The funny part is that y'all are focusing on who makes more money and how that effects the relationship, when the real problem is obviously that many of you, particularly guys, are coming into a relationship trying to control another person. Many of you have deep, deep self esteem/insecurity issues and need to work on that before you ever even think about getting into a relationship.

:ohhh:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I don't think a lot of women necessarily go out of their way to throw their success in men's faces. Its only natural for people who work hard for their success to be able to flaunt it in some way.

It's interesting tho, some women always talk about equality and want to be able to do what men do...so why do many find it troubling to take care of a man that makes less the same way a man would typically take care of a woman who makes less than him? Why do some women love to destroy traditional gender roles one day, but revert back to tradition when it suits them?

Last edited:

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't mind my woman making more money...but not too much more :whoa:.

There is a certain amount of money that will transform a woman's brain into thinking they run shyt (and by shyt I mean the relationship). A woman who feels like she runs shyt eventually feels like they can do better...and when a woman feels she can do better than say goodbye to your manhood. IMO when the roles of man and woman get thrown out of wack in a relationship it's doomed. A man can only go so long without feeling like a man and same goes for woman, women like to be kept...men like to keep.

It's okay for her to make a couple more dollars than you but when that shyt hit's the 30-50+ thousand it's not gonna work :no:.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
every other community understands this except for the american black male

these women have brainwashed nikkas into believing it's okay to be beneath his woman.
It's sad breh, as soon as I entered the thread I went :snoop:

nikkas just don't understand that entering into a relationship with a woman who is making substantially more money than you is a trap. :snoop:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Good luck trying to maintain or claim head of household brehs

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
The coli only place where nikkas are content to be the woman in their relationship. Ya no better than the everything on they girl name but at least I'm getting p*ssy ass nikkas :pachaha:

Let ya women lead ya'll brehs.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Who the fukk cares? Two incomes are better than one, especially in this day and age. Don't get in a relationship with someone if you're insecure, you'll project that shyt on to your partner and become a completely bitter wreck. Save yourself the trouble and just be single and happy.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
every other community understands this except for the american black male

these women have brainwashed nikkas into believing it's okay to be beneath his woman.

Got dudes saying they wouldn't mind being stay-at-home dads. :snoop: Why don't you just cut your balls clean off while you're at it? No residue.

No they haven't, which is proved by the low black marriage rates.