Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

Daps
Defined and agreed upon spending money for both as a part of the combined budget, yes but not two different accounts just for spending. That can get ugly.

I'm assuming both are working so both have accounts. I don't know it worked out for my mom and her husband :manny:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is why you should have your separate accounts and a joint account for household bills/needs.
I'm more than willing to spend my own money on something than dipping into the joint account.

I wouldn't want two accounts. Everything I make would go towards my family. Decisions are made together. If I want to buy a new car - I'm gonna run that by my husband and vice versa. If I want a new pair of shoes - I'm not running anything by him lol we can budget and figure out what a reasonable amount is towards personal care, clothes, hobbies. One month I may go over slightly, next month he might.

Daps
What would be the reason for her to say that to you?

well.....see Reincar's post below

any arguement, when she wants to buy something new and you'll be like we don't need it

"its my money".

Well, it IS her money :yeshrug:

You gotta be fair about shyt like this, fam :heh:

Say I'm rich, and I got a down-ass chick who makes next-to-nothing, and we been together for a good while. I already got a car but I want a next one. bytch is coming at me like :whoa: "you don't need that"......man, as long as I can afford it and it doesn't leave either of us in a bad spot, best believe I'm still getting that shyt :heh:

Why shouldn't the same thing apply if the roles are flipped?

Now if we're married and have kids, and her spending habits are to the point where it's affecting debt, bills for the house, the kids and other shyt, then all of that is different (not to mention the "my money" shyt can be challenged then). But the question is only about the idea of being with a woman who simply makes more......not all that other shyt

Lol, so you're cool with her every now and then hitting you with "I got this one baby, you know I make more, I dont want to hurt your little pockets" :mjpls:

:wtf: Why the hell would I have a problem with this?

nikka, that scenario gettin' my dikk hard :heh: (no homo)

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
living with my girl, if i'm @ the grocery store and she's spotting, i don't see the issue issue with grabbin a box for her. :manny:

binary using a poor example for wanting to keep her money to herself :wtb:

Yah, for sure. It's all about helping each other out when needed. FYI remember, always get the ones with an applicator and or pads with wings. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
well.....see Reincar's post below

Well, it IS her money :yeshrug:

You gotta be fair about shyt like this, fam :heh:

Say I'm rich, and I got a down-ass chick who makes next-to-nothing, and we been together for a good while. I already got a car but I want a next one. bytch is coming at me like :whoa: "you don't need that"......man, as long as I can afford it and it doesn't leave either of us in a bad spot, best believe I'm still getting that shyt :heh:

Why shouldn't the same thing apply if the roles are flipped?

Now if we're married and have kids, and her spending habits are to the point where it's affecting debt, bills for the house, the kids and other shyt, then all of that is different (not to mention the "my money" shyt can be challenged then). But the question is only about the idea of being with a woman who simply makes more......not all that other shyt

its the way they do it , like the example with my mom, she wanted a new fridge, my dad said we don';t need one. She went out and bought the fridge with her own money, as a man that's disrespectful, as a young child i didn't realize why my dad got angry or didn't speak to my mom for awhile but now I understand. I wouldn't care if I got married if my wife made more than me or made less, or even made minimum wage as long as she worked hard , was faithful, healthy and grounded.
The only way I would feel less as a man is if I lost my job and had to be on unemployment or something while my wife is working hard.

• Dap
Reactions: GZR
Daps
living with my girl, if i'm @ the grocery store and she's spotting, i don't see the issue with grabbin a box for her. :manny:

binary using a poor example for wanting to keep her money to herself :wtb:

:whoa: lmao did i not say we would have a joint account?

Desirous

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
its the way they do it , like the example with my mom, she wanted a new fridge, my dad said we don';t need one. She went out and bought the fridge with her own money, as a man that's disrespectful, as a young child i didn't realize why my dad got angry or didn't speak to my mom for awhile but now I understand. I wouldn't care if I got married if my wife made more than me or made less, or even made minimum wage as long as she worked hard , was faithful, healthy and grounded.
The only way I would feel less as a man is if I lost my job and had to be on unemployment or something while my wife is working hard.

But you'll just adjust. My dad was worried a few years ago he might lose his job because his company was going through big changes and they were unionizing some positions etc. He was stressing out so much. My mom sat him down and told him to stop. If needed, they'd sell the house and just grab a condo - something smaller, more affordable. That she'd rather have him lose his job and they need to make a few adjustments rather than him stress himself out to the point of having a heart attack or something. He relaxed after that and turns out, he was good anyway, so he was stressing for no reason. You wouldn't be less of a man - you can help with stuff at home more in that case. So long as two people are working together to be successful in LIFE (and success to me isn't just measured by money) then that's a healthy partnership in my eyes.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The real answer is how many women will actually date a man that makes significantly less than him before feeling he's not 'manning up'
when it comes to finances or tries to 'lil boy' him because his money isn't where she thinks it should be. The way a woman will typically treat a man making significantly less than her and one making significantly more than her is completely different in most circumstances, so it's obvious why a lot of men will choose not to walk into a situation where they can have a financial disparity held over their heads.

A broad that has that type of attitude will talk reckless to a dude regardless. He can make way more than her, but she'll just focus on how she has a better family, in better shape, has a better social life, etc.

:EDIT:

:heh: I was about to post some shyt until I realized who I was replying to. It's always the lame ass nikkas who been getting played by broads their entire life with opinion on women.