Successful woman seeks supportive boyfriend: an impossibility

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
not really, there are deadbeat dudes all over who don't even work, yet are controlling the women they are living with.

Many married men as well who make alot of money and their wives stay home all day watching soaps and spending their money control their relationship as well.

Yo I gotta agree there. My friend's brother is prime example of that
He's a low level maintenance worker, making about $40,000. Has a wife that is a manager of some finance firm making about $95,000. Not a question in anyone's mind that he dominates the relationship. He collects most of her earnings, and makes all the financial decisions of the house, and requires a cooked meal every day he comes back from work. I've never seen her slick talk him or talk out the side of her neck towards him
I know every situation ain't the same. But Its all about pulling your weight as a man. Showing a lady who runs the house. The fact that people are using how much 0's in your paycheck to judge who runs the household is comical to me :heh:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
He's a low level maintenance worker, making about $40,000. Has a wife that is a manager of some finance firm making about $95,000. Not a question in anyone's mind that he dominates the relationship. He collects most of her earnings, and makes all the financial decisions of the house, and requires a cooked meal every day he comes back from work. I've never seen her slick talk him or talk out the side of her neck towards him
I know every situation ain't the same. But Its all about pulling your weight as a man. Showing a lady who runs the house. The fact that people are using how much 0's in your paycheck to judge who runs the household is comical to me :heh:
Situations like this happens a few times....most times the one with the most money holds power

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

Yeah, he would have to go. :camby:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just relax & not take things so seriously. "Debo" these hoes

*uppercut*
"that's my money biitch!"

and if her father has a problem with that respond and say "you want some of this too old man?"

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Yeah, he would have to go. :camby:
no he doesn't...the black woman is the only woman who thinks it's ok to procreate with a man who makes less than her and treats her like sh!t.

That's her comfort zone.

Ashley Banks

Daps
Not a coincidence you got a Beyonce avi

I don't get what my avi has to do with anything but I think it's ridiculous to let someone take most of the money you make and make all the financial decisions in the house you both live in. :ld:

and then REQUIRING a home cooked meal EVERYDAY

:what:

I don't know maybe that's normal to you but it sounds crazy to me. :yeshrug:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I don't get what my avi has to do with anything but I think it's ridiculous to let someone take most of the money you make and make all the financial decisions in the house you both live in. :ld:

and then REQUIRING a home cooked meal EVERYDAY

:what:

I don't know maybe that's normal to you but it sounds crazy to me. :yeshrug:

Well I wouldn't agree to that myself. But it shouldn't be such an outlandish thought that a woman should want to cook a meal for a man when he comes back from work. Just my view on it :yeshrug:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
my wife makes 20 stacks a year more than me.... :to:

I think thats how it is with my parents. Mom was promoted like at least 2-3 times in the past few years and now she's on the board of directors and my dad only just moved to a better company in his trade.

Black Excellence

:win:

Ashley Banks

Daps
Well I wouldn't agree to that myself. But it shouldn't be such an outlandish thought that a woman should want to cook a meal for a man when he comes back from work. Just my view on it :yeshrug:

I don't think there's anything wrong with cooking for a man, I do it. The fact that he requires it, everyday is what makes it ridiculous to me.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs this is a long post:manny: ...but it its something that I felt like needed to be said

One of the things that enslavement of africans did in america was it upset the natural gender balance between the black male and female. Its made the black women the controller and power force in the black community emasculated the black men and reduced him almost down to nothing . We have always had this issue since we been here... it is that way because the empowerment of the black women by white society and the emasulation of the black man by the same society . Right now in amercia we are the only ethic group in this country were the black women have more education than the men and earn more than the black man. No other ethnic group has this problem. And it was deliberately engineered that way by the american social order to create choas in the black home. And in it of itself its not a problem that black women has more education and income. What makes it a problem is when she psychologically draws conclusions about the black man as a result of him not being on her same social, economical, and educational level. So it makes it difficult for a black women to be with a black man who doesn't equally her education and income because she feels that because she's the one with more money or education she should have a right to dominant him. And no self-respecting black man is going to let a black women run his life.

This is not true. Females of all races have more college degrees than the men. Its much easier for a man to get a decent job w/o a college degree than a woman.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I wouldn't have a problem if my wife made more money than me long as we both got equal say in any major financial decisions. as long as she sees I'm ambitious and working hard to make more money she can't say shyt. you gotta make sure you're able to support yourself if need be. might not be together forever. and regarding the guy requesting a meal every day, there are plenty of relationships I've known where the man does the cooking. that seems to be a growing trend lately. god knows I can't cook. so either I learn, she does, or we starve.