Not open for further replies.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the dap and the head nod are both uniquely black american

it’s so black american that when another black person fukks up the dap or ignores the head nod we know they ass not from here :laff:
shyt i can tell whether or not a black person is american by how they wear flip flops or slides.
This definately some african feet right here.
feet-of-an-african-man-in-blue-flip-flops-on-a-stony-background-E94HYT.jpg

This dude here probably black and american, and i can't even see his skin.
irrational-hatred-for-socks-and-slides-v0-1rqjlc8jtczb1.png

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
I
There is some truth to this and part of the confusion. Outside the US black folks are looked at as American culturally. Black folks however do try top separate themselves from American culture (ie White folks)

Most black folks claim American when its convenient though. Black folks aint waiving and saluting the american flag like that.
User name @Nigerianwonder giving full analysis on the Black American pysche.

Thecoli is a trip :pachaha:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
So you mad cause you triggered cause it's true about you!

:dead:

Imagine watching a clown ass lil nikka play video games and hang with cacs and make cac jokes but you not supposed to be the same as that clown ass c00n.

Kill yaself

YES, you nikkas that be on that alternative, twitch streaming asss, gas up anime, goofy ass music listening to, white boy humor ass nikkas lame ass c00ns.

You mad, do something about it.:unimpressed:

I've never seen a twitch in my life and you typed all that smh

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Wow, this whole time I thought the Davis dude was ados. The more you know I guess.
Davis is Carribbean raised in an ATL suburb, that’s why him and Duke had underlying tension because they didn’t get each other. That Chris dude is a Nigerian that acts like the Nigerian dude from the Atlanta FX show. And Agent Ethiopian. Duke and Kai supposed to be close though

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Most copied culture on the planet. So much so, people are taking us for granted and saying we have no culture while dressing like us, listening to our music, making their own versions of our music, making their own versions of food we introduced to them, speaking our slang, and so forth :mjlol:
I would say fads more than culture. :manny: IMO

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
"Cenat was born to parents from the Caribbean; a mother from Trinidad and Tobago and a father from Haiti."

It's funny because you know he doesn't believe that. I don't watch his videos but follow a lot of Jamaican pages on IG and seen this video of him in Jamaica for Carnival and bro sticks out like a sore thumb lol.

He may be Trini/Zoe by his parents but bro doesn't seem like he has any connections culturally tbh. I grew up with guys like that, growing up they were quiet about their culture.

Every Trini I met is usually one some "TRINI 2 DI BONE" and every Haitian is usually on this proud zoe movement, they wear it on their sleeve. Especially the young ones... But this guy nah.

Yuck it's always aome bum saying shyt like this about other black people.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Yea but all those groups you listed know their identity. If you asked them where they from, they'll you:"Im dominican, im haitian, im jahmaican...etc".

Black americans dont know who they are. They wont even accept their American identify but want to go to Africa to find themselves :russ: :dead: talkin going back to the motherland.

you know what a Haitians motherland is? haiti. Jaimacan? Jaimaca. Black Cubans? Cuba
Man, please. Just like you’ll say you’re from the Caribbean, or some African country, I and many other black Americans will tell you that he/she and their people is Mississippi, their people is from Texas, Alabama, etc. My people is all over the country, but we all know when we say we’re going home, we’re talking about North Carolina. It’s like this for many Black Americans, especially Southern Black Americans. My girl is geechie/gullah. When her and her family talk about home, it’s going back down to Beaufort, SC. A lot of y’all trip me out with this “y’all don’t know where you come from, or where is home” rhetoric. That lets me know you don’t really talk with or know black Americans like that. Hell, you’ve got rappers from past to present that represents their home, their states on songs daily, but now black Americans don’t know where home is or represent where they’re from? lol.

There is a large sect of black Americans that are on the pan African wave, but there is also a large sect of us that arent on that, and will tell you exactly where we come from, no disrespect to anyone who is Pan African.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
My last post in this thread of ignorant people

the greatest thing separating black americans vs someone like caribbeans and “knowing where they’re from” is the fact that y’all immigrate.

you’re only “from jamaica” because your left jamaica.

if you ask someone who never left the island where they’re from, they won’t point to africa, they’ll point to somewhere on the island the same way people from the US point to a state.

The second thing is research ethnogenesis and indigeneity. Our ethnic group, (black american and african american, whatever you prefer) was born here. we are an amalgamated group. consisting of the dna of africans of many tribes, europeans, and some natives.

we are indigenous to america. not in the sense that we are indians, but in that our ethnic group was born on this soil and doesn’t exist anywhere else in the world, including africa.

don’t let these people knock you off your square. all that “you have no culture” shyt is a scheme to keep our culture the “default” so that it can continue to be profited off and stolen from until the day we die.

Status
Not open for further replies.