Streamer Kai Cenat: Black Americans Have No Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Almost none of what you said is true or matters. Hip hop wasnt created in jamaica. Soul food doesnt come from africa. And who cares where clothes are made? Fashion and styles are cultural. AA identity was created j. A capitalist country...so? Everyone copies everything we do and then say all that doesnt count? And then lies about the origin of the stuff thay doesnt? What about music? Slang? Hairstyles? You basically have no idea what youre talking about.
not one link or fact :mjlol:

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
Christianity is black American culture? He listed proverbs...... and what were those ethical traditions explicitly...... Using vague terms is a copout and disingenuous....
no our church and style of worship is black american culture

i know when i’m in a black american church, a white american church, or a jamaican church etc

we know our proverbs and sayings. and i know enough to keep something’s in house.

nobody ever asks for these in depths dives into caribbean culture because y’all equate shaking ass on beaches in feathered clothing to be culture and that’s it.

i know our traditions, our superstitions, hoodoo etc.

it’s for us to know we’ll keep it in house.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
Our culture predates brands and all post slave trade culture is tied into capitalism. or do you think Haitians eat mud cookies because they’re good? or it’s because it’s what they have?

secondly, hip hop is not jamaican, we know that
plenty of soul food dishes and many of the staples are not african (cornbread, mac n cheese etc)

you’re talking about brands being made by asian countries when a lot of african/caribbean “cultural garb” are imported from asian countries and are not locally produced and haven’t been for centuries.

last the difference is we own our culture socially.

Black american culture is black

jamaican culture/haitian/ etc are national cultures. you nikkas share your culture with chinamen

more over plenty of things in jamaican culture

rastafarianism, curry, etc are imports from indians and people from around the world that you adopted from them

even “haiti” and the name “haitian” is a play on Ayiti which is what the island was called by the ACTUAL indigenous population. Those africans are not actual haitians.

at the end of the day we are the culture. you’re an immigrant canadian who fled your country because you couldn’t quite cut it.

wake up.

So only black Americans have the intellectual capability to develop their own culture. All other black people, besides Americans, are stupid.

Why does this white supremacist drivel slide?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
You want me to get a vlad interview from some random celebtrity like you?
no but i think you shoulda at leasst known about kool herc :mjlol:

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
not one link or fact :mjlol:

all that agbada and sokoto is imported from china and india.

let y’all tell it it’s all sown by nigerian elders and blessed before 7 gods in a ritual :mjlol:

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
no but i think you shoulda at leasst known about kool herc :mjlol:

Kool Herc has said himself hip hop is not jamaican. he has said himself that he didn’t create it.

he’s a godfather not the creator

all four elements of hip hop predate him even coming to the us

graffiti / rapping/jiving / djing and breakdancing all predate 1970.

he gets credit for setting the table for allowing these sub cultures to merge: not for the creation of them

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
So only black Americans have the intellectual capability to develop their own culture. All other black people, besides Americans, are stupid.

Why does this white supremacist drivel slide?
who said that? weirdo

fact is a jamaican chinamen and all the indians in trinidad have as much claim to those cultures as the blacks

we don’t have that here. black american culture unlike trinidadian and jamaican culture is an ethnic culture not a national one

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

all that agbada and sokoto is imported from china and india.

let y’all tell it it’s all sown by nigerian elders and blessed before 7 gods in a ritual :mjlol:
fair , but my previous argument is in context to streetwear brands that were supposedly made and financed by blacks (rocawear and FUBU obviously dont apply)

NAUGHTY

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Whorelando, FL
Man look…. Lol

As an AA who came up in Florida for most of my life, if I told y’all how much I find been through the diaspora shyt… man look lol. Mind y’all, this was before this shyt became internet. The same shyt these nikkas are saying now, they said back then.

“Black Americans have no culture”

It’s always the Americanized Caribbeans and Africans who say this shyt. Lol. They either moved to the US young or they’re born here from immigrants parents. They get raised around the culture; they know the tv shows, slang, music etc. Cool. But then, something happens. They get that ego crushing reality check.

You ain’t one of us. Something about you is different.
What’s ya last name again? :patrice:

Aye Why ya mama sound like that, bih? :patrice:

A who?? nikka that’s a banana ol stupid ass boy :dead:

So of course when these nikkas go back to their respective countries to visit family, they see how folks is really living back home. They develop this sense of cultural pride that really stems from shame. They start looking down on nikkas that come fresh off the boat. As if they’re making them look bad. Seen it so many times, swear.

So now, you have someone with an inferiority complex towards the dominant culture they’ve been exposed to and live in, but a superiority complex towards their ancestral culture. And this creates a flip flopping mf who embraces both sides when it’s convenient. They’ll fukk with AA culture until carnival or some cultural event come around lol. Oh, now you wanna throw that flag up even though you was turning your nose up at ya peoples. Ashamed because a nikka accent is thick or they dress different. They reminding you of where ya roots are really from, and you don’t want them mean ol “yanks” to know you come from that. But you see how we live here in the US. The good AND bad. These nikkas are cultural tragic mulattoes lol.

But this is the funny part that drives all this shyt home. They got all this cultural pride but yet…

They don’t even wanna date folks from their home countries :dead: The fukk are you throwing that flag up for and you don’t even like the men/women from that country. I’ve met so many mfs who say they don’t date folks from their home country. And, AGAIN, it’s this new generation, Americanized ones who mostly say this shyt. These folks are a mess LOL.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
no i didn’t.

trinidad/jamaica/guyana/dominican etc are nationalities

curry wasn’t made a staple by the blacks in jamaica
the same way roti wasn’t made a staple by the blacks in trinidad

those are shared cultures that transcend race

black culture in america is for black americans only

i don’t share a culture with chinese americans at all

go into a soul food restaurant that is for black americans and is made for and by black americans. it’ll be just us in there plus whatever people like our food

everyone else has to share their culture with people of all races. if i go to the dominican spot there’s white dominicans; black dominicans all sharing the same food.

not the case for us

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
fair , but my previous argument is in context to streetwear brands that were supposedly made and financed by blacks (rocawear and FUBU obviously dont apply)
i look at streetwear the way i look at graffiti. the manufacturer doesn’t change its place in our culture and how it’s used

because cornbread was using krylon to spray the graffiti on the walls doesn’t not make it a black american art form

because streetwear is not made by us doesn’t mean we don’t make it our own

a durag itself has no meaning into its put on a black americans head and the social context of socioeconomic disadvantage and government policing is applied

without that it’s just a head tie and not a durag

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
mehhh your culture is tied to brands and western capitalism

its different if your folks are from africa or the caribbean

hip hop was created in jamaica
soul food comes from african dishes
clothing is primarily brands made by whites or produced in asain countries

americans just dont wanna admit it but you have low levell of culture cause slavery takes up most of the ancestral timeline

Tell us you're Jamaican without telling us you're Jamaican

And even if we were to entertain the idea of hip hop coming from Jamaica it would be hilarious that they chose to sample African American music for the first 20 years of it's existence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.