WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
mehhh your culture is tied to brands and western capitalism

its different if your folks are from africa or the caribbean

hip hop was created in jamaica
soul food comes from african dishes
clothing is primarily brands made by whites or produced in asain countries

americans just dont wanna admit it but you have low levell of culture cause slavery takes up most of the ancestral timeline
wait, so you agree with that jackass? :mjtf:

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
America, matter a fact the world is based off black culture. I do see people in the post taking about “Tethers” some of your favorite artists, entertainers are one got from another site

Hravy D (Born in Jamaica)
Biggie (Jamaican parents)
Busta Rhymes (Jamaican parents)
Q-Tip (Father from Anguilla)
50 Cent (Mom was Jamaican, obviously no one knows about his dad)
Jay-Z (Jamaican father)
Dame Dash (Parents from Barbados)
Shyne (Born in Belize)
Fetty Wap (Half Jamaican/Haitian)
Future (Haitian)
The Fugees (Wyclef and Pras are Haitian)
Slick Rick (Jamaican)
KRS-One (Jamaican)
Guru (Father from Trinidad)
A$AP Rocky (Father from Barbados)
Diddy (Heard his mom is Jamaican, not sure how true that is)

LL Cool J (Parents from Barbados)
Rakim (Jamaican father)
Eric B. (Jamaican)
Dana Dane (Jamaican)
Foxy Brown (Trini)
Nicki Minaj (Trini)
Lil Kim (Half Jamaican/Trini)
Phife (Trini)
Spliff Star (Jamaican)
Tony Yayo (Haitian)
Fabolous (Guyanese father/Puerto Rican mom)
Doug E Fresh (Barbados)
Kid from Kid N Play (Jamaican father)
The light skin n1gga from Kris Kross is Jamaican I believe
DJ Kool Herc (Founder of hip-hop) is Jamaican
Will.i.am (Jamaican)
Olivia (Jamaican)
Alicia Keys (Father from Jamaica)
Joey Bada$s (Jamaican)
Hodgy Beats (Jamaican father)
Taco and Syd tha Kyd (Jamaican)
Ashanti (Parents from Barbados)
Uncle Luke from 2 Live Crew (Half Bahamian/Jamaican)
Afrika Bambataa (Jamaican)

vino

Superstar
Daps
Christianity is black American culture? He listed proverbs...... and what were those ethical traditions explicitly...... Using vague terms is a copout and disingenuous....

Religion doesn’t dictate if you have culture. Especially now where Abrahamic religion is wide spread in various countries.

Literal definition of culture below and Black Americans have an abundance of that.

Culture

the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.
"20th century popular culture"

the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

americans just dont wanna admit it but you have low levell of culture cause slavery takes up most of the ancestral timeline
Your from Toronto. A place so cultureless that the youth force themselves to speak in a fake accent. You'll undeniable retort with something along the lines as "my family is from Jamaica" or some country but it doesn't matter. Your a Canadian. The people who actually were born and raised in the country you claim because your ashamed to claim Canada, they think your Canadian too. Someone who comes from such a irrelevant, bland, corny ass country should never speak of Black Americans when Louis Armstrong was selling out venues in Belgium way back in the 1920s. When you most popular artist is half Black American himself. What makes you feel so comfortable to do so is beyond me.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is what crashing out looks like :mjlol:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Your from Toronto. A place so cultureless that the youth force themselves to speak in a fake accent. You'll undeniable retort with something along the lines as "my family is from Jamaica" or some country but it doesn't matter. Your a Canadian. The people who actually were born and raised in the country you claim because your ashamed to claim Canada, they think your Canadian too. Someone who comes from such a irrelevant, bland, corny ass country should never speak of Black Americans when Louis Armstrong was selling out venues in Belgium way back in the 1920s. When you most popular artist is half Black American himself. What makes you feel so comfortable to do so is beyond me.
most black canadians are immigrants you jackass The diversity within Black Canada should be recognized and amplified. :mjlol:

Toronto is also deemed one of the most culturally diverse cities in north america- Why Toronto Is the Most Multicultural City in the World | SAF

stick to being Ms. Finster's bytch pleghboi

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
dumbass keep on debating hip-hop as if black americans haven't created anything else. goddamn idiots.
you should be making an ancestry.com profile my guy

not arguing with me :hubie:
thing is, i know my ancestry.

i'm just curious as to why you'd run to godfrey and vladtv for ideas about culture.

deflect all you'd like to...

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The real problem here is that people have been taught that free speech equals loose, degrading and abrasive language. And as a result few people get beaten severely for such language because people think its what makes America.
No one ever gets handled for disrespecting Black as a collective people in America, whether theyre home grown or immigrant. Tariq been talking shyt about Black immigrants, zero repercussions. This clown insults people in their homeland and will not get toucher either. This idea that anything can be said is straight cac shyt and were not like that.

I never truly understand when ignorant people make such statements..everyone has culture, even those culture vultures..culture is way of life..whether it looks good to you or not its culture.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End

Our culture predates brands and all post slave trade culture is tied into capitalism. or do you think Haitians eat mud cookies because they’re good? or it’s because it’s what they have?

secondly, hip hop is not jamaican, we know that
plenty of soul food dishes and many of the staples are not african (cornbread, mac n cheese etc)

you’re talking about brands being made by asian countries when a lot of african/caribbean “cultural garb” are imported from asian countries and are not locally produced and haven’t been for centuries.

last the difference is we own our culture socially.

Black american culture is black

jamaican culture/haitian/ etc are national cultures. you nikkas share your culture with chinamen

more over plenty of things in jamaican culture

rastafarianism, curry, etc are imports from indians and people from around the world that you adopted from them

even “haiti” and the name “haitian” is a play on Ayiti which is what the island was called by the ACTUAL indigenous population. Those africans are not actual haitians.

at the end of the day we are the culture. you’re an immigrant canadian who fled your country because you couldn’t quite cut it.

wake up.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

What status Africans of all nationalities and creeds have today in the world was only achieved because of what African Americans did and the international renown we achieved and the shyt we created.

Even today there are 16 Black billionaires in the entire world. 10 are African-Americans.

Step up and we wouldn’t have to carry you :manny:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

Almost none of what you said is true or matters. Hip hop wasnt created in jamaica. Soul food doesnt come from africa. And who cares where clothes are made? Fashion and styles are cultural. AA identity was created j. A capitalist country...so? Everyone copies everything we do and then say all that doesnt count? And then lies about the origin of the stuff thay doesnt? What about music? Slang? Hairstyles? You basically have no idea what youre talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.