Started Watching Scrubs Last Week

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
By Season 8 or the "Gone gooch season" as I like to call it, I was done. They drove JD needing to grow up into the ground, and Carla wanting to be just a nurse got boring really quick. I was there for Turk and J.D. dat guy love, even Cox and the Janitor were a draw. Everyone else was either trying too hard or stuck on a very tired plotline.
Yeah, I actually enjoyed Season 9 more than Season 8. The show just feels rejuvenated in Season 9 with the new young cast & setting, while in Season 8 it was obvious it was about time for the show to end. Which makes it even more obvious Season 9 should've been it's own spin-off show.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
really great show, classic. one of my favorites. excellent writin' and cast of characters and i like how there was a great balance of humor along with some serious moments. i think when they got to the new cast it just should've been a spin off and somethin' new. but all in all, that show was great was a very long time. this is one of those shows i can watch anytime, all day, everyday and just sit back and enjoy with some food from qdoba or chipotle (when they ain't slackin') :blessed:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Not really, A lot of nurses either do a lot of nothing or a lot something they have expertise in. Which is why you have some who only train in phlebotomy, or others who just want to prescribe drugs (Nurse Practitioner). Here's what the show conveniently left out; Many nurses work the desk, more than they do anything else. You can see this for yourself, enter a hospital, and walk around for a while, you'll notice there's a lot of nothing being done by the desk jockeys, and usually one older nurse will handle the rounds and call in for some assistance every one in a while. Waiting for someone in Emergency was never more horrifying, seeing how not one nurse took her job seriously.

breh im a nurse. What do u mean some nurses only train in Phlebotomy? Phlebotomists arent nurses. Not even close. Many nurses work the desk? what are u even talking about? lol

U mean u seen nurses chilling at the nurse station charting or chatting? yes that happens. It can be one of two things. They either are caught up on their rounds and meds or they are lazy. You must of had a bad experience then. Me and other nurses can relate to that show. From the personalities,to the codes,to the weird ass doctors and to the drugs. Hell our director is a former user and walks around twitching her jaw. :heh:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
man, this thread got me realizin' just how much i missed this show. they don't really make shows like this anymore for prime time tv. i feel like this show was like the last thing that kind of echoed a 90's feel show; well it was an early 2000s show so close enough :yeshrug:

carla :ohlawd:

scrubs-carla-ftr.jpg

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
man, this thread got me realizin' just how much i missed this show. they don't really make shows like this anymore for prime time tv. i feel like this show was like the last thing that kind of echoed a 90's feel show; well it was an early 2000s show so close enough :yeshrug:

scrubs-carla-ftr.jpg
Looked her up on celebritymoviearchive right after i watched the pilot :shaq:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

scrubs-carla-ftr.jpg

I disagree. "Scrubs" started this whole renaissance of Single-cam sitcoms in the 2000's.