Starfield considered a success as 14 million players have over 40 hours of playtime

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This isn't true again, there's various games that have these exact moments that let you go through the entire world mostly without having to specifically load anything. For example, in FFVII Rebirth, you can go through Grasslands, into Kalm, through an Inn and out into an entirely new area without having to "load" or use fast travel. Heck, once you get to chapter 13 and you get the Tiny Bronco, you can literally travel by sea through all of the various landmarks without ever needing to fast travel and you can see the entire world at once.

A specific entry to an area for purposes of setting up a boss fight or w/e doesn't mean it's "limiting" which is what I disagree with completely. Nobody would say RE4 "limits gameplay" because you have to open a door to enter the cabin to fend off the ganados horde with the other guy.
You're talking about something different than what we are talking about. Think Chapter 5 or 6 of FF7 remake where you had to squeeze through the crack, that is a loading screen just a 'non immersion breaking' loading screen.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
All I wanted was a Skyrim in Space. That’s bare minimum and Bethesda is KNOWN for reusing material.

I bought the game day one of the strength of that alone. Someone either got fired or they lost that magic you talking about.

No way you can play Skyrim then Starfield and be like yeah that’s pure Bethesda.
Starfield is more of a Bethesda game than Skyrim is if we keeping it 100 bro...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're talking about something different than what we are talking about. Think Chapter 5 or 6 of FF7 remake where you had to squeeze through the crack, that is a loading screen just a 'non immersion breaking' loading screen.
I'm talking about Rebirth specifically since that's the game I recently put a lot of time into. A lot of the things Remake did was completely scrapped in this so much that Rebirth is almost like comparing a typical Ubisoft style game to a more linear style game. For me, none of these things ever made me feel like the gameplay is being limited, I know it's for purposes of setting the tone. Meach saying it's "limiting gameplay" and that it's either/or for games is quite short sighted. Every game doesn't neatly fit into a box "this game is _____" because they're all somewhat different from one another.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
:mjlol: cope

First of all if your game relies on mods to be good then it's not good. Second cyberpunk and nms both had to be fixed and basically come as v 2.0.
How are people dumbasses for expecting a good base game on release?
They even pushed the release date back for starfield to make it more polished. Their idea for the game was ass and they saw fan feedback so they are gonna pivot into damage control mode with dlc and updates.

That’s not the point. Anyone who’s played Bethesda games knows that they get way better with time, meaning mods/updates/DLC. Starfield on launch was very enjoyable to me but coming from Fallout 4 I knew it would be even better with as Bethesda put more work into it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Meach saying it's "limiting gameplay"
It literally is. By Design, on purpose, the squeeze throughs are there cause the devs want to LIMIT where you can go.

You just wanna defend your favorite games instead of trying to understand what’s being said.

and that it's either/or for games is quite short sighted. Every game doesn't neatly fit into a box "this game is _____" because they're all somewhat different from one another.
I never said it’s either or for games.

Most games use either or, but there are examples of games tha use both.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It literally is. By Design, on purpose, the squeeze throughs are there cause the devs want to LIMIT where you can go.

You just wanna defend your favorite games instead of trying to understand what’s being said.

I never said it’s either or for games.

Most games use either or, but there are examples of games tha use both.
How is an area where either something happens specifically e.g. a boss fight, a climatic scene etc. limiting GAMEPLAY?
When you get into a boss fight in Souls games and the white fog covers both sides of the room did the gameplay somehow get limited? Come on man.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How is an area where either something happens specifically e.g. a boss fight, a climatic scene etc. limiting GAMEPLAY?
When you get into a boss fight in Souls games and the white fog covers both sides of the room did the gameplay somehow get limited? Come on man.
You can’t turn around and do what you were just doing behind you.

In a game like dragons dogma there is no lock off spots so you get all types of dynamic fukkery you wouldn’t get if the boss areas were closed in.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I played it for a couple weeks and enjoyed it. But ultimately didn't keep me invested. All the tedious things like traveling were getting annoying. Too many damn loading and animation screens. I like my games to keep moving.

Have they improved on any of these things?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can’t turn around and do what you were just doing behind you.

In a game like dragons dogma there is no lock off spots so you get all types of dynamic fukkery you wouldn’t get if the boss areas were closed in.
That’s not limited gameplay. That’s just a specific area. Nobody sensible would ever use that as a negative to say you can’t do something dumb in that area. In that case fighting games are limited because you can’t leave the stage to go do something else.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Nah they would rather have the loading screens masked by a slow corridor crawl through a crack in the wall or a fancy cutscene both of which take much longer than simply loading the next part.
Never got it either, but then again I grew up during a time when you had to switch discs in between maps which meant YOU were the loading time :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That’s not limited gameplay. That’s just a specific area. Nobody sensible would ever use that as a negative to say you can’t do something dumb in that area. In that case fighting games are limited because you can’t leave the stage to go do something else.
Like i said, you just want to fight to defend your favorite games cause you took “limited” as a slight.

Quite literally gating a player off in a certain spot is “limiting” gameplay. And it’s done on purpose.

In my post i said either way could produce good results but they both offer pros and cons.

You can’t accept criticism toward your favorite games so you feverishly went to defend something saying your favorite games have pros AND cons to the way they are designed.

nikkas crazy :huhldup: