Starfield considered a success as 14 million players have over 40 hours of playtime

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Ppl been complaining about load times since thr beginning and I have had a loading screen that lasted more than 6 seconds. I honestly rarely encounter them. At least compared to most of the games I play. My Fallout 4 is plagued by loading screen. Pathfinder Kingmaker, Diablo 4, Xcom 2 :mjlol:, Hogwarts, even CP77 have noticeable loaf times compared to Starfield.

Then again, I fast travel past the ship boarding/docking parts and go directly to wherever I'm headed.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
can't believe what i'm reading...it shouldn't take years for the game to be good...that goes for ANY game.
Cyberpunk 2077, which came out in 2020, did just that with the 1.6 then 2.0 upgrades. In fact, the 2.0 upgrade from September 2023 is the main reason people stopped playing Starfield like that. Seemed to have been universally accepted by gamers and not frowned upon. Same thing with Fallout New Vegas, which was put out by Bethesda. :hubie:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Ppl been complaining about load times since thr beginning and I have had a loading screen that lasted more than 6 seconds. I honestly rarely encounter them. At least compared to most of the games I play. My Fallout 4 is plagued by loading screen. Pathfinder Kingmaker, Diablo 4, Xcom 2 :mjlol:, Hogwarts, even CP77 have noticeable loaf times compared to Starfield.

Then again, I fast travel past the ship boarding/docking parts and go directly to wherever I'm headed.
Nah they would rather have the loading screens masked by a slow corridor crawl through a crack in the wall or a fancy cutscene both of which take much longer than simply loading the next part.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Nah they would rather have the loading screens masked by a slow corridor crawl through a crack in the wall or a fancy cutscene both of which take much longer than simply loading the next part.

Last of Us does the same thing. Goes to show dudes complain for no reason

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

So in context between Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, and Starfield which of those franchises has the 14 million players? I guess it’s The The Elder Scrolls or Fallout right?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's all about not breaking 'immersion' even though I'm always annoyed to the point of turning the game off when I have to do a slow crawl through a damn crack. Like that isn't immersion breaking. :unimpressed:
It’s also limiting gameplay wise.

Those cracks and corridors exist to gate you off in that part of the level, so you could never have a free/open experience like what starfield offers.

It’s very different development philosophies.

Some people would rather have cool movies/cutscenes to look at than a sandbox to play in.

Either way can be a good game, but in these conversations people criticize one side without being honest about the advantages/disadvantages of each.

Like people were saying the star wars landing cutscene is what bethesda should have done with starfield, but they don’t mention that the star wars game only has a few planets to make that cutscene for. Starfield planets are fully simulated lighting/weather etc and there’s hundreds of them. They couldn’t just make a cutscene for entry into different atmospheres, it would all have to be fully simulated like the rest of the game. Would be lots of work for some shyt most people would probably skip after seeing it a couple times.

Different dev goals and results, but people don’t even try to understand these things. They just get on the internet to say dumb shyt :manny:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This shyt needs a full No Man’s Sky turnover before I play it again.
Facts. The game was boring. It wasn't bad at all. Just mid. Mid is what I'd call it.
I think being mid is worse than being bad. Cuz it means all the shyt you wanted to do with the game is there and working but it just not hitting properly.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Those cracks and corridors exist to gate you off in that part of the level, so you could never have a free/open experience like what starfield offers.

Some people would rather have cool movies/cutscenes to look at than a sandbox to play in.

Either way can be a good game, but in these conversations people criticize one side without being honest about the advantages/disadvantages of each.

Like people were saying the star wars landing cutscene is what bethesda should have done with starfield, but they don’t mention that the star wars game only has a few planets to make that cutscene for. Starfield planets are fully simulated lighting/weather etc and there’s hundreds of them. They couldn’t just make a cutscene for entry into different atmospheres, it would all have to be fully simulated like the rest of the game. Would be lots of work for some shyt most people would probably skip after seeing it a couple times.

Different dev goals and results, but people don’t even try to understand these things. They just get on the internet to say dumb shyt :manny:
Some people love the production values in games and see them as a medium to tell stories. Nothing wrong with that, just gotta understand not every game is going for that and not all gamers enjoy that experience. I read books, I don't need my games to be visual novels I need my games to be games.

I have no problem if someone prefers a cinematic narrative driven experience when they game, just don't try to tell me I have shyt taste in games for preferring 'gamey' games as they call them.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol: