Starfield considered a success as 14 million players have over 40 hours of playtime

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Let's fully jump out the window.

What if... hear me out... what if... Bethesda has been bad at writing characters since at least Skyrim but between the open world, the random events and the mods, we all just ignored it because the fun was in the adventure along the way. But now that doing anything takes 5 loading screens just to see what might be off 'that way' in the galaxy, we're being forced to come to grips with it?

76 was dogwater until what? Until they threw a million manhours at the problem and tried to patch it into functionality.
They're... throwing manhours at the problem and attempting to patch Starfield into being the 'game we always intended it to be'.

They're literally doing game dev innovations where the release date is scheduled halfway through the game's dev time and they just... do the rest after. Man, them Bethesda nikkas always cutting edge with the innovations :patrice:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Cyberpunk was great, it has shytty performance on consoles and some bugs on PC, that was it.

The gameplay loop itself on Starfield is complere shyt, the quests are shyt, the shooting is shyt, the exploration is shyt, the characters are shyt.
I thought both games were very good and this post is a damn lie

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's fully jump out the window.

What if... hear me out... what if... Bethesda has been bad at writing characters since at least Skyrim but between the open world, the random events and the mods, we all just ignored it because the fun was in the adventure along the way. But now that doing anything takes 5 loading screens just to see what might be off 'that way' in the galaxy, we're being forced to come to grips with it?

76 was dogwater until what? Until they threw a million manhours at the problem and tried to patch it into functionality.
They're... throwing manhours at the problem and attempting to patch Starfield into being the 'game we always intended it to be'.

They're literally doing game dev innovations where the release date is scheduled halfway through the game's dev time and they just... do the rest after. Man, them Bethesda nikkas always cutting edge with the innovations :patrice:
Skyrim has the same amount of loading screens and they are a lot longer. And i’m sure you’ve put precisely zero hours into 76:stopitslime:

This is just you repeating internet hate cause it’s the in thing to do :ehh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skyrim has the same amount of loading screens and they are a lot longer.

This is just you repeating internet hate cause it’s the in to do :ehh:

I think the point he may have been trying to make is that those loading screens passed in 2011, but getting the same type of experience in 2023 just didn't work for some people.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Skyrim has the same amount of loading screens and they are a lot longer.

This is just you repeating internet hate cause it’s the in thing to do :ehh:
Except no. It's my opinion formed through actually playing these games.
I have nearly 160 hours in Starfield. Which isn't that much, granted. It's about 12% of my Fallout 4 playtime. Which itself is less than my Skyrim playtime. I used to make mods for these games.

But go off, king. Tell me more about how I get my opinions from other people and how easily mods will fix Starfield and how there aren't any technical limitations fundamentally holding it back tho. I'm here for it :salute:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think the point he may have been trying to make is that those loading screens passed in 2011, but getting the same type of experience in 2023 just didn't work for some people.
The screens load so fast it’s not even comparable to back then.

All games load. “Loading screens” just became something to complain here. Playing Jedi survivor now. That shyt loads all the time. No complaints tho

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except no. It's my opinion formed through actually playing these games.
I have nearly 160 hours in Starfield. Which isn't that much, granted. It's about 12% of my Fallout 4 playtime. Which itself is less than my Skyrim playtime. I used to make mods for these games.

But go off, king. Tell me more about how I get my opinions from other people and how easily mods will fix Starfield and how there aren't any technical limitations fundamentally holding it back tho. I'm here for it :salute:
You compared Skyrim loading screens to Starfield and what you said was factually incorrect.

Don’t matter how many hours you have in it. You said some dumb shyt.

You don’t know shyt about the technicals or mods fixing anything. Again just saying dumb internet shyt :ehh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You compared Skyrim loading screens to Starfield and what you said was factually incorrect.

You don’t know shyt about the technicals or mods fixing anything. Again just saying dumb internet shyt :ehh:

This might the purest embodiment of what I said about fans of the game just not letting people not like the game as much as they do.

I promise breh's opinion of this game can't do anything to your enjoyment of it. :mjlol:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

My point wasn't the length of the loading screens, it was, in fact, the necessity of them at all, to be honest. That said, Skyrim very rarely ever hit you with a loading screen leading to two minutes of gameplay followed by another loading screen unless you were going from an inside cell to an exterior cell BACK to an interior cell.

In a world where games of great scale manage to render their cells as a character transitions from one to the next without requiring a hard cutoff point to generate the necessary data - a loading gate - the fact that Starfield continues to crutch on them as mightily as it does is indicative of an engine-level failing that cannot, under any circumstance, be modded out as it is a foundational design flaw of the creation engine that dates back the early 2000s.

But yeah
I don't know shyt about the technicalities of this. I am definitely just pulling from the internet to tell me the generative capabilities of the creation engine and it's hampered nature due to a cap on the amount of information that can be locally stored and then pulled from without necessitating a full reload of the cell information.

Nope.
Not a thing.
You right, bubba :salute:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My point wasn't the length of the loading screens, it was, in fact, the necessity of them at all, to be honest. That said, Skyrim very rarely ever hit you with a loading screen leading to two minutes of gameplay followed by another loading screen unless you were going from an inside cell to an exterior cell BACK to an interior cell.
This is incorrect the loading screens work the same way.

The lighting outside is fully modeled in real time so when you go from an outdoor location to inside it has to load.

Skyrim loaded even more because its environments were a lot smaller.

In a world where games of great scale manage to render their cells as a character transitions from one to the next without requiring a hard cutoff point to generate the necessary data - a loading gate - the fact that Starfield continues to crutch on them as mightily as it does is indicative of an engine-level failing that cannot, under any circumstance, be modded out as it is a foundational design flaw of the creation engine that dates back the early 2000s.
As i said before its trade offs.

Other games have to have those squeeze through gates, they don’t do full atmospheric simulation. They don’t have persistent items or physics based items, stuff like that.

It’s fine if your opinion is that those trade off aren’t worth having loading screens, but that doesn’t make starfield behind technically.

This is like me complaining that spider-man doesn’t calculate lighting and weather on a universal scale.

Two different games with different goals and pros and cons.
But yeah
I don't know shyt about the technicalities of this. I am definitely just pulling from the internet to tell me the generative capabilities of the creation engine and it's hampered nature due to a cap on the amount of information that can be locally stored and then pulled from without necessitating a full reload of the cell information.

Nope.
Not a thing.
You right, bubba :salute:
You obviously were just repeating some dumb shyt you read elsewhere and you were wrong :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This might the purest embodiment of what I said about fans of the game just not letting people not like the game as much as they do.

I promise breh's opinion of this game can't do anything to your enjoyment of it. :mjlol:
What he said wasn’t an “opinion”

What he said was factually incorrect.

This goes back to what i said about people having a fervor for saying dumb negative shyt about the game.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
You obviously were just repeating some dumb shyt you read elsewhere and you were wrong :ehh:
Your inability to accept that someone might actually know something about the workings of this engine is kinda funny considering it's... literally the same foundational engine since Oblivion. There are literally thousands of people qualified to design on this game simply from doing it for 15 years for free. but a bridge too far to believe one of those people might actually post here and... surprisingly... disagree with you :ohhh:
ok.
sure.
You choosing to not believe doesn't make me any less correct. And it perpetuates your brand. Dug-in heels in and refusal to be moved. Not by opinion, conjecture, fact, proof or correct grammatical syntax. I guess there's something to be respected in that bullish incorrigibility. Good for you.

Mods still can't fix the game's fundamental problems. This isn't echoing anyone's statements but my own. And claiming it as such is pretty much attempting to invalidate my opinion and attribute my contribution to a faceless, nameless white person on the internet.

And right before Juneteenth, too! :picard: abysmally off-code behavior.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your inability to accept that someone might actually know something about the workings of this engine is kinda funny considering it's... literally the same foundational engine since Oblivion. There are literally thousands of people qualified to design on this game simply from doing it for 15 years for free. but a bridge too far to believe one of those people might actually post here and... surprisingly... disagree with you :ohhh:
ok.
sure.
You choosing to not believe doesn't make me any less correct. And it perpetuates your brand. Dug-in heels in and refusal to be moved. Not by opinion, conjecture, fact, proof or correct grammatical syntax. I guess there's something to be respected in that bullish incorrigibility. Good for you.

Mods still can't fix the game's fundamental problems. This isn't echoing anyone's statements but my own. And claiming it as such is pretty much attempting to invalidate my opinion and attribute my contribution to a faceless, nameless white person on the internet.

And right before Juneteenth, too! :picard: abysmally off-code behavior.
what you said was factually incorrect and a misconception about how the engine works.

I know you got it from elsewhere cause it’s the same dumb shyt people said before the game even came out.

Mods have been available on these games for decades. None of them are removing loading times.