Starfield considered a success as 14 million players have over 40 hours of playtime

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What did he say that's so funny? Everything he said is objective true.
The first 4 sentences are NOT objectively true. I don't really want to get into a back and forth banter with Meach but as someone that's been going back and forth with him over the past two gens, I know when someone is just bs'ing for daps.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You can tell some of the dudes who never fully played the game because some of these missions in this game is on some next level shyt.

The split timeline mission with the artifact and the big ass creatures in the scary basement level

The clone colony and going into the factory decided to dead the program or not

The Terramorphs

Understanding what the artifacts are…

And that’s just to name a few.

Man this game was fire. They can literally branch off to so many storylines

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Facts. The game was boring. It wasn't bad at all. Just mid. Mid is what I'd call it.
I think being mid is worse than being bad. Cuz it means all the shyt you wanted to do with the game is there and working but it just not hitting properly.
Hell yeah it is. I literally don’t give a fukk about that game until that overhaul drops

in an age of engagement where you either love or hate something, to not care about a game this high profile is wild.

I would have never guessed Starfield would be this weak. :mjtf:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The first 4 sentences are NOT objectively true. I don't really want to get into a back and forth banter with Meach but as someone that's been going back and forth with him over the past two gens, I know when someone is just bs'ing for daps.
Your problem is that you are ignorant to how any of this works, so you wouldn’t know objectivity if it hit you in the face.

The squeeze throughs exist to lock you in the area of the level they want you in.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The first 4 sentences are definitely true. If you are going into a slow crawl through a crack you are loading a different section of the map separate from where you just came from and the only way to go back to that section is to reload it. It's giving you the illusion of freedom and an open world while not actually providing one.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Some people love the production values in games and see them as a medium to tell stories. Nothing wrong with that, just gotta understand not every game is going for that and not all gamers enjoy that experience. I read books, I don't need my games to be visual novels I need my games to be games.

I have no problem if someone prefers a cinematic narrative driven experience when they game, just don't try to tell me I have shyt taste in games for preferring 'gamey' games as they call them.
Starfield isn't even a bad game it's just missing something.
I've played much worse games that just had a better gameplay loop that kept me engaged. And yes many of these games weren't cinematic. I think Bethesda doesn't understand what made their games have that "Bethesda magic" and just missed the boat here. Technically speaking fallout 4 was much worse gameplay wise but was more engaging.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I've played much worse games that just had a better gameplay loop that kept me engaged. And yes many of these games weren't cinematic. I think Bethesda doesn't understand what made their games have that "Bethesda magic" and just missed the boat here. Technically speaking fallout 4 was much worse gameplay wise but was more engaging.
It isn't really missing anything from my POV. That's your experience with it though so if that's how you feel I won't try to change your mind.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
It isn't really missing anything from my POV. That's your experience with it though so if that's how you feel I won't try to change your mind.
They clearly play tested the game before release and got some thumbs up from people. It might have just been from people like you who like the way the game is implemented but the game itself is missing something for other types of gamers which previous entries from Bethesda had.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You can tell some of the dudes who never fully played the game because some of these missions in this game is on some next level shyt.

The split timeline mission with the artifact and the big ass creatures in the scary basement level

The clone colony and going into the factory decided to dead the program or not

The Terramorphs

Understanding what the artifacts are…

And that’s just to name a few.

Man this game was fire. They can literally branch off to so many storylines
You can tell who played it because a lot of those questioned were answered in the different faction story lines and side quests.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first 4 sentences are definitely true. If you are going into a slow crawl through a crack you are loading a different section of the map separate from where you just came from and the only way to go back to that section is to reload it. It's giving you the illusion of freedom and an open world while not actually providing one.
This isn't true again, there's various games that have these exact moments that let you go through the entire world mostly without having to specifically load anything. For example, in FFVII Rebirth, you can go through Grasslands, into Kalm, through an Inn and out into an entirely new area without having to "load" or use fast travel. Heck, once you get to chapter 13 and you get the Tiny Bronco, you can literally travel by sea through all of the various landmarks without ever needing to fast travel and you can see the entire world at once.

A specific entry to an area for purposes of setting up a boss fight or w/e doesn't mean it's "limiting" which is what I disagree with completely. Nobody would say RE4 "limits gameplay" because you have to open a door to enter the cabin to fend off the ganados horde with the other guy.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This isn't true again, there's various games that have these exact moments that let you go through the entire world mostly without having to specifically load anything. For example, in FFVII Rebirth, you can go through Grasslands, into Kalm, through an Inn and out into an entirely new area without having to "load" or use fast travel. Heck, once you get to chapter 13 and you get the Tiny Bronco, you can literally travel by sea through all of the various landmarks without ever needing to fast travel and you can see the entire world at once.
:patrice: ain't starfield sell better than ff vii rebirth?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Rebirth uses both open world design and more linear levels.

When you squeeze through some shyt. The whole point of the squeeze through is to separate the two parts of the level so they both don’t have to be held in ram.

In an open world setting it’s all streamed so the game is constantly loading and keeping enough of the level loaded around you that you can where you want.

Rebirth is one of the few games that does both. And you can see the pros/cons of each side of it in the one game. The open areas are much less detailed graphically cause they don’t have the specific closed off and fully loaded areas like the linear parts of the game.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
All I wanted was a Skyrim in Space. That’s bare minimum and Bethesda is KNOWN for reusing material.

I bought the game day one of the strength of that alone. Someone either got fired or they lost that magic you talking about.

No way you can play Skyrim then Starfield and be like yeah that’s pure Bethesda.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All I wanted was a Skyrim in Space. That’s bare minimum and Bethesda is KNOWN for reusing material.

I bought the game day one of the strength of that alone. Someone either got fired or they lost that magic you talking about.

No way you can play Skyrim then Starfield and be like yeah that’s pure Bethesda.
Explain this, cause i definitely felt like i was playing skyrim in space :manny: