Starfield considered a success as 14 million players have over 40 hours of playtime

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say it was always wierd to me to hear people say they disliked the game, but had 20+ hours of gametime. Does it really take that long to figure out you don't like something? If you paid for the game I can understand wanting to beat the game so as to not feel like you wasted your money(I've done this before with several games), but this game was on Gamepass you'd didn't have to invest any extra money to play this so it should have been easier to just put down and give it up because there wasn't a $70 investment for most people to play it.
I didn’t even make to release date :pachaha: I downloaded the early edition and put it down the same day. I’d say I did invest in the game tho because I bought two yrs of cheaper GP specifically for it. I haven’t played anything else on it, and I’d assume it’s lapsed now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lastly, layoffs and corporate cuts are planned wayyy in advance. Microsoft knew they were cutting Tango and HiFi Rush developers as soon as they purchase Bethesda.

This would be a weird thing to tweet if that were the case…

GNLmldhXUAAZYX1

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This would be a weird thing to tweet if that were the case…

GNLmldhXUAAZYX1
You either don't have a job or bang rocks together for a living. Corporate folk always preach longevity with walking papers ready to hand out the next day. Doesn't matter the company or the industry. It's always no layoffs on the horizon up until budgets get cut.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Anyone who quit on Starfield before mods came out is a dumbass

I guarantee you once enough time passes and all the DLC/updates drop that those same ppl will turn around and love it like Cyberpunk and NMS

You shouldn't need mods to make a game good. Patches? Sure. But not mods.

I'm enjoying Starfield a bit more, but every planet I land on is lifeless. It's damn near a walking simulator

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game is a breakout hit for us in terms of player engagement. :obama:

*one year later*

We are closing this studio down. :unsure:

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
put me on.. what mods are good breh
Depends on what you like, I fw the Star Wars, improved powers and bbl mods

I'm enjoying Starfield a bit more, but every planet I land on is lifeless. It's damn near a walking simulator
That’s not the point. Anyone who’s played Bethesda games knows that they get way better with time, meaning mods/updates/DLC. Starfield on launch was very enjoyable to me but coming from Fallout 4 I knew it would be even better with as Bethesda put more work into it.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Every Bethesda game is always better after a few years because of DLC and expansions. Skyrim at launch wasn't even half the game it ended up becoming. Fallout 4 as well. The fact that Starfield actually performs better than both of those games, and has more content in it's vanilla version than either of those games should tell you where the game is going. Not talking about you personally, but a lot of people are gonna look real foolish here before too long.

I come across random events exploring planets pretty frequently now actually.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who quit on Starfield before mods came out is a dumbass

I guarantee you once enough time passes and all the DLC/updates drop that those same ppl will turn around and love it like Cyberpunk and NMS
I remember what both of the vanilla versions of those games play like and they weren't half the game Starfield is rn in it's vanilla version. A lot of the hate for this game was wierd to me. I don't see what you need a land vehicle for anyway, you move fast enough across the damn map just running. Never understood what you need a city map for, it wasn't hard for me to remember how to get around, hell having that map now kinda throws off the exploration factor because you can see everything before finding it when you pull it up. Starfield is very similar to Morrowind with how little hand holding it did, and I loved that about it. Play the game and figure it out like you used to back in the day, hate how you always have the game telling you exactly where to go now a days, let me explore and figure it out.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I still can't believe how much this game got people in their feelings. I thought starfield at launch was better than FO4, but it's a behtesda game which means you have to what like 6-18 months after substantial updates to get a much better game, so it is what it is in regards to that.

Updates for year 1 of this game seem to be very good, so I will def jump back in to try that and shattered space dlc def sounds like something many wanted out of this game

I think the most frustrating thing about Starfield is something nobody talks about which is the lore. It made more sense to focus on 2-4 solar system rather than having "1000" planets. Based on lore in the starfield universe is when humans advanced far enough for space exploration and settlement. However, how can they be so advanced to travel across 1000 planets when they aren't that advanced inside of the planets they've actually settled in?

For what Starfield was trying to tell it would have to be as advanced as Mass Effect universe is which is at a stage where humans are very advanced that they have a spot on the universe equivalent of the UN.

I think the above is the most frustrating part lore wise because I can understand amount of planets for something like Star Trek or Mass Effect, but humans in Starfield universe aren't that advanced and are more at an early stage. So, it made no sense not to focus on maybe 3 solar systems and how humans advanced in those and create plot within that. You can then later explore NG+ the other universe to start settlement on those planets to grow humans settling and building up place in the universe