Starfield considered a success as 14 million players have over 40 hours of playtime

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
marvel-is-it-though.png

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I still can't believe how much this game got people in their feelings. I thought starfield at launch was better than FO4, but it's a behtesda game which means you have to what like 6-18 months after substantial updates to get a much better game, so it is what it is in regards to that.

Updates for year 1 of this game seem to be very good, so I will def jump back in to try that and shattered space dlc def sounds like something many wanted out of this game

I think the most frustrating thing about Starfield is something nobody talks about which is the lore. It made more sense to focus on 2-4 solar system rather than having "1000" planets. Based on lore in the starfield universe is when humans advanced far enough for space exploration and settlement. However, how can they be so advanced to travel across 1000 planets when they aren't that advanced inside of the planets they've actually settled in?

For what Starfield was trying to tell it would have to be as advanced as Mass Effect universe is which is at a stage where humans are very advanced that they have a spot on the universe equivalent of the UN.

I think the above is the most frustrating part lore wise because I can understand amount of planets for something like Star Trek or Mass Effect, but humans in Starfield universe aren't that advanced and are more at an early stage. So, it made no sense not to focus on maybe 3 solar systems and how humans advanced in those and create plot within that. You can then later explore NG+ the other universe to start settlement on those planets to grow humans settling and building up place in the universe

Everything in the bold is nonsense from a lore standpoint.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Everything in the bold is nonsense from a lore standpoint.
I enjoyed the game, but it doesn't make much sense for this world to not be that advanced and be able to travel across multiple solar systems. I've never felt technology in the game was that far advanced for that. Maybe, I'm looking at things from the lens of other piece of sci-fi, but technology wise I didn't feel the Starfield was that advanced yet. Maybe I am missing something in regards to that, but I feel in order to travel across solar systems you have to be very advanced in science and tech and I didn't really feel that with Starfield . Again, I could be missing something in regards to that

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the game, but it doesn't make much sense for this world to not be that advanced and be able to travel across multiple solar systems. I've never felt technology in the game was that far advanced for that. Maybe, I'm looking at things from the lens of other piece of sci-fi, but technology wise I didn't feel the Starfield was that advanced yet. Maybe I am missing something in regards to that, but I feel in order to travel across solar systems you have to be very advanced in science and tech and I didn't really feel that with Starfield . Again, I could be missing something in regards to that
Grav drives are literally capable of jumping 50 light years in Starfield. Alpha Centauri(where New Atlantis is located) in real life is (rounded up) 4.4 light years away from us. Why in a lore standpoint would it make sense for humanity to only be in 2 to 4 systems? That actually goes AGAINST the in game lore and quite frankly human nature. Humans have never self limited themselves like that... at least not for long.

Humanity is in their age of exploration days, in galactic terms if the galaxy is the United States they haven't even finished founding all 13 original colonies yet, maybe 2 or 3 of them max. From an in game standpoint their is one major reason we haven't expanded further and that's due to simply not having the numbers to go any further yet.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Grav drives are literally capable of jumping 50 light years in Starfield. Alpha Centauri(where New Atlantis is located) in real life is (rounded up) 4.4 light years away from us. Why in a lore standpoint would it make sense for humanity to only be in 2 to 4 systems? That actually goes AGAINST the in game lore and quite frankly human nature. Humans have never self limited themselves like that... at least not for long.

Humanity is in their age of exploration days, in galactic terms if the galaxy is the United States they haven't even finished founding all 13 original colonies yet, maybe 2 or 3 of them max. From an in game standpoint their is one major reason we haven't expanded further and that's due to simply not having the numbers to go any further yet.
True, I wonder what they will do for a sequel because it would be worth it if they have fully established settlements and whatnot. I think I would want it set way out in future when stuff is more established and whatnot.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's how it was for me. I logged 22 hours. I gave the game a legit chance. As a matter of fact if anyone would have come in here talking about they played it for 10 minutes and it was ass their opinion would hold no weight. I see a number of dislikes on Steam with multiple hours of play time. All I can do is speak for myself and give you my reasons for playing it that long. At end of the day it's a no for me. And I feel like I explored that game and put in enough time for my opinion of it to be a solid one.

I'm not sure what some people want. If you play it for only a handful of hours, you didn't give it enough time to give it a chance. If you play it for a longer period of time, and eventually put it down after taking time to make your decision, then you're an idiot who wastes time.

I think part of why this game is such a lightning rod for fukkery is that some of the loudest voices on either side of the argument just can't accept that an opinion opposite of theirs can be true. Folks are quick to call someone a hater of they say something as simple as "Yeah, I tried it, but it just didn't click for me," or call people stupid for not wanting to wait until mod support and additional content is added to enjoy the game. And at the same time, there are people that can't just let those who really enjoy the game have their fun. shyt is crazy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not sure what some people want. If you play it for only a handful of hours, you didn't give it enough time to give it a chance. If you play it for a longer period of time, and eventually put it down after taking time to make your decision, then you're an idiot who wastes time.

I think part of why this game is such a lightning rod for fukkery is that some of the loudest voices on either side of the argument just can't accept that an opinion opposite of theirs can be true. Folks are quick to call someone a hater of they say something as simple as "Yeah, I tried it, but it just didn't click for me," or call people stupid for not wanting to wait until mod support and additional content is added to enjoy the game. And at the same time, there are people that can't just let those who really enjoy the game have their fun. shyt is crazy.
cause it’s become some type of flex for some people to talk about how many dozens of hours they put in the game and how much they don’t like it.

I can’t think of any other game like that. People literally bragging about how much they played and don’t like the game. Weirdo shyt

Around launch people had entire campaigns and schemes on how they were gonna buy the game on steam, leave a bad review and refund it.

Real conversation/critic of the game died before the game even came out. Way too many agendas attached to it

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I’m probably never coming back to this. I think I was doing the last mission of the crimson ark and I pissed off the space cops or whatever the main regulatory body is. I had killed a bunch of guys on a previous mission and they were like fukk that you are out of chances we are arresting you. Had to shoot my way out then I started the missions which was another boring shootout across a multiple areas. Got bored/fed up and deleted this

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
From an in game standpoint their is one major reason we haven't expanded further and that's due to simply not having the numbers to go any further yet.
To me the thing that opposes the lore is the amount of POIs you come across vs the perceived population of the settled systems. Each landing area on a human inhabited world can be from what, 1 to like 8 POIs (a guesstimate). You could feasibly land hundreds of times on some planets and logically we should expect Sol, Alpha Centauri, and I guess Cheyenne to have the densest population centers with a progressive falloff the further you go. Grav Drives seem to be the most technologically advanced thing we have while everything else doesn't seem like that much more of an improvement over current day tech. It's gotta take a lot of manpower to build all these settlements and shyt that cover each planet, so why is the feeling so empty?

I can appreciate that the war between Freestar and the UC wiped a chunk of people out but there's thousands and thousands of deserted UC POIs alone, not to mention Ecliptic Garrisons and all the trivial POIs (does Freestar have any POI unique to them?). Was the war that devastating to humanity?

To me they messed up the population density gradient. Alpha Centauri should be knee deep in people, Sol should be right after that, and then by the time you get a couple hundred LY past Cheyenne it can be sparsely populated. These changes would have gone a long way to mitigating the emptiness people keep on complaining about.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To me the thing that opposes the lore is the amount of POIs you come across vs the perceived population of the settled systems. Each landing area on a human inhabited world can be from what, 1 to like 8 POIs (a guesstimate). You could feasibly land hundreds of times on some planets and logically we should expect Sol, Alpha Centauri, and I guess Cheyenne to have the densest population centers with a progressive falloff the further you go. Grav Drives seem to be the most technologically advanced thing we have while everything else doesn't seem like that much more of an improvement over current day tech. It's gotta take a lot of manpower to build all these settlements and shyt that cover each planet, so why is the feeling so empty?

I can appreciate that the war between Freestar and the UC wiped a chunk of people out but there's thousands and thousands of deserted UC POIs alone, not to mention Ecliptic Garrisons and all the trivial POIs (does Freestar have any POI unique to them?). Was the war that devastating to humanity?

To me they messed up the population density gradient. Alpha Centauri should be knee deep in people, Sol should be right after that, and then by the time you get a couple hundred LY past Cheyenne it can be sparsely populated. These changes would have gone a long way to mitigating the emptiness people keep on complaining about.
Realistically tho. You could land on earth a bunch of times right now and not see a person or a city.

Space is vast. Bethesda likes to make simulations, so they built the universe in a realistic way. Some of that doesn’t translate great to a video game, but i appreciate them for sticking with their vision.

It’s why their games keep going on forever, because the underlying simulation is the backbone that allows so much future evolution. Those “empty” planets will continue to be filled in time.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
True, I wonder what they will do for a sequel because it would be worth it if they have fully established settlements and whatnot. I think I would want it set way out in future when stuff is more established and whatnot.
There probably won't be a Starfield 2 for at least 10 years. Their gonna make waaaaay too much money off this one to restart and lose money initially to do so within 5 years. They will build the in game universe inside this game for a good number of years.