Star Wars Outlaws (2024)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of my brehs who is a massive Ubisoft and Star Wars dikk rider was talking about this tonight, and tried his hardest to tip toe around saying the shyt is mid. Promising, but mid.

If even someone in the dead ass middle of the venn diagram of people this was meant for can't heap praise on it, then I know good and damn well I'd be pissed if I paid full price. :mjlol:

TDT

All Star
Daps
Played more last night and this morning.
This concept has so much potential but Ubisoft doesn’t have the creativity or skill to realize it.
This game is mid on every level, there is nothing here that is done well other than the environments.
If you’re a big Star Wars fan wait for a $20-25 sale, if you’re just looking for something to play…find something else.

Naughty Dog with the Star Wars IP would go crazy.:wow:
Had Bethesda gotten the IP this game would've probably had rave reviews across the board..

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:umad:

I'm tried of telling y'all dudes to play it for yourself :yeshrug:

It's clear y'all only do that with certain titles.
treyreloaded-travis-scott.gif

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I can't believe people are still buying any ubisoft game that isn't anno

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is an assassins creed game.

Sabacc is fun but reminds of playing that dice game in Valhalla,
The stealth gameplay and climbing mechanic feel like a simplified version of the assassins traversal.

That said they removed the elements i hate about that franchise and added elements of starwars that i love. So honestly i rank it higher than some assassins creed games. Because of that the open worlds are pretty immersive. but the outside of quest givers most of the people in the world are just part of the ambiance.

Graphics looks great, i don't know what people were complaining about there. visually looks amazing. The main protag suffers for the modern approach to female protags (meaning borderline tomboy but still a bit feminine in order to be desexualized as much as possible without crossing the line of being too unappealing to spend to game controlling) the days of Laura Croft, Chloe Frazier types are gone apparently. Can't have a female lead be sexual appealing anymore

Combat is really the only true weakness of the game, just doesn't feel cinematic enough, and the game encourages you to take a stealth approach for pretty much every encounter. The spaceship battles are the only time you get to be super aggressive and not be penalized for it. But the combat is servicable enough not to be unenjoyable.

Overall i would give it the same score as assassins creed valhalla received on metacritic 80.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The space ship entering and exiting the atmosphere is very satisfying to me even though its such a simple mechanic and technically a loading screen,
You can actually skip it by fast traveling, but i do it anyway. This should be a game mechanic that is replicated for future sci fi games until consoles are strong enough for you to load a full a universe. But that might just be my personal preference. I like when games disguise loading screens for immersion.
Or when they do mini games during loading screen like back in the day Tekken let you play galaga while the game was loading. I even preferred the long elevator rides in mass effect over the loading screens they adopted in the sequels. Some obviously do it better than others. This is one of the better ones.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
keep seeing ads for this fukkin game on gamepass and YouTube everytime I open em both lol

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Games great. People gonna have to list why they think it sucks.
- Lack of weapons
- Very stealth focused
- overall animations are not very good for a next gen only game
- Still some stuttering on performance mode, and weird blur which makes the graphics not look as great.

Overall I am still enjoying it because I do like the diverse worlds and stuff but these are fair complaints by others and a 7 to 8 is a fair score for this sort of game where the main selling point is not the gameplay.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
- Lack of weapons
- Very stealth focused
- overall animations are not very good for a next gen only game
- Still some stuttering on performance mode, and weird blur which makes the graphics not look as great.

Overall I am still enjoying it because I do like the diverse worlds and stuff but these are fair complaints by others and a 7 to 8 is a fair score for this sort of game where the main selling point is not the gameplay.

Definitely too much stealth but we're not making a western here so I get it. But God damn I just drove passed some imps and immediately failed a contract that was only one shot.

I'm also still on that second planet where you gotta get your ship back by giving the mechanic the parts. Been dying to leave.