"Star Trek Beyond" Official thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I caught it yesterday - it was cool, I guess.:ehh:

:mjlol:at Zoe Saldana's goofy 'There's no such thing as people of colour'' ass pointing out real nikkas on video like a witness, so Kirk could go after him. She doesn't even realize the levels to her shyt now. There were a couple of moments and tropes which were interesting in light of recent events too:ohhh:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Saw this last night. 7.8/10.

I though the action scenes were great but felt they were fooled way too easily .... Captain should of know better.

Also felt like you could make a comparison or analogy of the movie to real life events happening now.

So it wasn't just me.

Walked out of the theatre like :mindblown:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Really liked it. Liked it a lot more than into darkness but not as much as the initial reboot. Love the movie actually but it's definitely got some quibbles. Namely the villain and his motivation not being entirely clear although I get it and it's an interesting angle to take but they didn't go far enough with it.

The character moments were awesome, it was funny, thoughtful, and had good dialogue. Pine is really feeling more comfy as Kirk and his interactions with everyone was perfect.

The action was obviously going to be on point but Justin Lin allowed the movie to slow down as well, more than Abrams, so that the action scenes had weight behind them.

Had good emotional moments as well. Can't wait for the fourth

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The villains motivations should've been revealed earlier in the film, imo.

Most of the action was good, particularly the first attack/destruction of the Enterprise. Could've done with less Fast/Furious moments though....Scottie hanging on the cliff, the entire motorcycle sequence (seriously....why would a spaceship have a fukking motorcycle on it in the first place).

I don't love any of the series, but the first is still clearly the best of the three.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well to be fair, that's one scene out of a 2 hour movie where the CGI was really on point. Especially with the enterprise.
2 scenes but point taken.

Just found it really boring.

I did like the sabotage scene though

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the trailer, and then read the spoilers on another site. How anybody could sit through that nonsense without having the uncontrollable urge to vomit on anything and everyone within 5 feet is beyond me. Some space kumbaya bull sh!t with a United Nations We are the World backdrop.
Why don't you only comment on art house movies ? You hate big budget movies it seems, from super heroes to scifi