"Star Trek Beyond" Official thread

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Help me out brehs

I really enjoyed the 1st reboot but hated Into Darkness

But I love sci-fi movies so I'm a bit torn

Is this one on par with the 1st movie, or more like the 2nd? Is there a good ratio of action to melodrama? Cuz my pet peeve is paying to see big budget movies only to get bait and switched by some emo soap opera sub-plot (see: Inception)

So what's the verdict?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this movie was non stop action for 2 hours and i don't see any replay value in this movie.

and also chris pine got fat. his gut was sticking out at the end and i burst out laughing in the theater (i don't know why)

i thought he would be a bigger star by now, but he's not and he's fading away from hollywood quickly besides this star trek movies

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
this movie was non stop action for 2 hours and i don't see any replay value in this movie.

and also chris pine got fat. his gut was sticking out at the end and i burst out laughing in the theater (i don't know why)

i thought he would be a bigger star by now, but he's not and he's fading away from hollywood quickly besides this star trek movies
He's the lead male actor in Wonderwoman :manny:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------

:what:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Have you watched the Shatner movies?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
where xmen apocalypse and independence day 2 fail, beyond knocks this action and destruction shyt right out of the park

dope movie. seriously.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

LMFAO @ Chris Pine. Oddly enough in going to go see this shyt tomorrow.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well there's a first for everthing. This was the first time I ever went to a movie by myself and this is the first time I ever walked out of a movie in the middle. As I post this there is probably like an hour left.

I just had no desire whatsoever to finish it. Felt like it was all over the place with no direction. Even if it comes together in the end I really don't even care.

I'm shocked it's gotten such good word of mouth. I did enjoy the set design though on that starbase in the beginning.