"Star Trek Beyond" Official thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also @satam55 she barely had anything to do in into darkness. If they knew she'd barely be used in this movie why even put her in? That's just bad writing. They did the right thing

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
As much as people shyt on apocalypse as a villain i think he was better than krall

:selena:
I would say they are both pretty lackluster but Apocalypse was a bigger disappointment just because of my expectations for that character. Krall was completely new so he was blah but not as big a disappointment.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
1st act was a classic, Sophia Boutella was really good. After that it was pure nap material. Why couldn't they do a time lapse flashback for Krall's creation?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I saw this again with friends who hadn't seen it last weekend and I am even more disappointed in Krall as a villain and how they misused Idris Elba.
They should have just done a remix of the "Whom Gods Destroy" episode from TOS and had Elba be Garth of Izar. It would have stayed close to the same themes while giving Idris a much better character to play.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thought it was OK. They should have done the Krall reveal earlier in the movie. Before that he was just a generic alien villain. They never really explained how a stranded human wound up with all that advanced technology and an army.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this movie was fire. really entertaining, funny, etc. Justin Lin killed the direction, the special effects were fantastic the use of sabotage had me like :krs: movie was fire all around and better then into darkness imo

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Finally about to see it tonight. Just finished watching into darkness to prepare :banderas: an unfairly maligned movie on this board :ufdup: it is a very well done and enjoyable flick

My girl brought up going to see suicide squad but I say maybe next time babe :troll: @Jello Biafra

I'll report back with my findings. :ohlawd:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It was straight. But the worst of the three. Sabotage scene was okay. They kind of just went through the motions with this one and wasted Idris.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
So I just saw this the other day. I totally forgot that Abrams didn't do this 1 and it definitely felt that way about a half hour in. Felt sorta weird to me, almost like Spock was barely in the Movie but I guess it was Ok.

Into Darkness.
1st.
Beyond.

The 2nd Movie is still the reigning champion.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Fast face movie like the 1st. Only had an issue with the way the villian went out. Did not know who the villian was though I suspected he was
Black by the big nose. But I had no idea Idris was in this movie. That was well played.
I'm just glad they didn't push gay supremacy that much. My favorite was still the beginning with the "killa bees" and the ship. That was just so dope. On a SN, what's up with the way they made Rhianna look in this video?

Just because Star Trek is all about progressive values and specifically about social agendas and a utopian view that sexual orientation or race or gender shouldn't be things we discriminate against and that unity is our strength

And I'm pretty sure they showed sulu was gay. When they where at the base and he picked up his daughter and his man was there, he gave him a little waist hug with a little extra feeling action. Wasn't overly blatant though, if that's what you mean.

Edit: nvm saw your next post @valet

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasnt bad but I thought it was just okay. It felt more like a long episode of the TOS than an actual movie (outside of the enterprise invasion)
Still prefer Into the Darkness

Also I didn't like any of the music scenes at all.

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Wasnt bad but I thought it was just okay. It felt more like a long episode of the TOS than an actual movie (outside of the enterprise invasion)
Still prefer Into the Darkness

Also I didn't like any of the music scenes at all.

Music scenes were nonsense.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Saw it tonight. I liked it, but wasn't blown away or anything. IMO, the best parts were easily the whole attack on the Enterprise sequence and anything involving Jaylah.