"Star Trek Beyond" Official thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It was straight. But the worst of the three. Sabotage scene was okay. They kind of just went through the motions with this one and wasted Idris.
I liked this one much more than I like the second one but I do agree that they wasted Idris Elba on a shytty villain.
There were so many better directions they could have went down with this villain concept than what they decided on.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasnt bad but I thought it was just okay. It felt more like a long episode of the TOS than an actual movie (outside of the enterprise invasion)
Still prefer Into the Darkness

Also I didn't like any of the music scenes at all.
Yeah I enjoyed it but I countineu to feel these movies are missing what trek is about they are just fun action movies for me I have gotten nothing out of them like I did tos movies tng ds9 voy etc.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:mjpls:Most franchises know to end on it on the 3rd. Besides the movie didn't even break even, think it's safe to say they are done with this current version of star trek

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:mjpls:Most franchises know to end on it on the 3rd. Besides the movie didn't even break even, think it's safe to say they are done with this current version of star trek
THis tweet from Simon Pegg has people thinking a 4th Trek movie is in the works since it is a pic of Pegg and his ST:Beyond co-writer at JJ Abram's Bad Robot studios.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
THis tweet from Simon Pegg has people thinking a 4th Trek movie is in the works since it is a pic of Pegg and his ST:Beyond co-writer at JJ Abram's Bad Robot studios.

Yeah they're not ceding Star Trek. If anything, they'll do what they traditionally do with star trek movies and that's bring the budget down

Daps
Just saw this tonight. It was solid but definitely the weakest of the 3 movies.
that photo with the OG Strek Trek in Ambassador Spock's personal chest had me :sadcam:. I remember watching those reruns with my dad when I was a kid

doublex

Pro
Daps

I hope that's true. The idea of bringing back Kirk's father sounds intriguing...

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
Yeah they're not ceding Star Trek. If anything, they'll do what they traditionally do with star trek movies and that's bring the budget down

Sucks that Chekov died irl. I think they'll keep going, but the whole Kirk's dad thing seems like it's being forced because Chris Hemsworth's a star now.

I'm kind of interested in them remaking tng at this point TBH :picard:. Could be an interesting cast. Potential also to be more successful since a lot of millennials grew up with that more than TOS

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sucks that Chekov died irl. I think they'll keep going, but the whole Kirk's dad thing seems like it's being forced because Chris Hemsworth's a star now.

I'm kind of interested in them remaking tng at this point TBH :picard:. Could be an interesting cast. Potential also to be more successful since a lot of millennials grew up with that more than TOS
I really want them to do maybe a tv movie or something to properly end the 90s era of trek maybe have a crossover with tng voyager ds9 or something everyone is still alive from the primary cast thankfully.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I watched this for the 1st time after binging the other 2 (which i had seen before)

this was aight. movie went downhill after the enterprise was destroyed (that part was fire)

I have zero exposure to trek outside of this trilogy, if they make another with this cast i'd watch it.

remake and into darkness i enjoyed very much