Stan Lee Disses DC Comics, Says They Got Alot Of Catching Up To Do

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I've been thinking about it a bunch with all the trailers recently and I came to the conclusion that DC has pretty much exclusively stuck to original stories in their movies. An arc like 'Knightfall' didn't really get that much play in TDKR even though they took one of the main plot points (breaking The Bat).

Also it has to be a motherfukker casting two of the most recognizable characters in 20th Century popular culture without falling short of some people's expectations. 'Spider-Man' has suffered from that same syndrome too.

B vs S is :ohhh: to me because between that and Suicide Squad it looks like they're establishing the Miller Batman as the definitive film one going forward. There's limited material to draw from unless you start getting into 'Holy Terror' :skip: but at least he's one that fits the tone of the movies and people like him (even if they loathe Affleck) :manny:

With any luck, by the time Justice League comes around they'll have chosen arcs they can follow for a few films. A multiverse would be nice as well.

The recent DC TV shows are pretty well done by all accounts. They chose a character in Arrow, who's not necessarily a top tier hero, and gave him his own world. I think it helps that he's not someone who is so iconic that everyone already has an idea of who should play him. Flash succeeding was pretty dependent on a good Barry Allen, because he's for sure a recognizable character - and they managed it. I rate Grant Gustin and whoever writes it really put in some work with all the nods, easter eggs and all that. Is the Constantine show still running?

Still :mindblown:that they might just end up re-telling the story from the Flash TV show in the movie though.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
I've been thinking about it a bunch with all the trailers recently and I came to the conclusion that DC has pretty much exclusively stuck to original stories in their movies. An arc like 'Knightfall' didn't really get that much play in TDKR even though they took one of the main plot points (breaking The Bat).

Also it has to be a motherfukker casting two of the most recognizable characters in 20th Century popular culture without falling short of some people's expectations. 'Spider-Man' has suffered from that same syndrome too.

B vs S is :ohhh: to me because between that and Suicide Squad it looks like they're establishing the Miller Batman as the definitive film one going forward. There's limited material to draw from unless you start getting into 'Holy Terror' :skip: but at least he's one that fits the tone of the movies and people like him (even if they loathe Affleck) :manny:

With any luck, by the time Justice League comes around they'll have chosen arcs they can follow for a few films. A multiverse would be nice as well.

The recent DC TV shows are pretty well done by all accounts. They chose a character in Arrow, who's not necessarily a top tier hero, and gave him his own world. I think it helps that he's not someone who is so iconic that everyone already has an idea of who should play him. Flash succeeding was pretty dependent on a good Barry Allen, because he's for sure a recognizable character - and they managed it. I rate Grant Gustin and whoever writes it really put in some work with all the nods, easter eggs and all that. Is the Constantine show still running?

Still :mindblown:that they might just end up re-telling the story from the Flash TV show in the movie though.

Very true. Who knew arrow(a b list character in the comics) would be such a hit. And it goes for both companies. Some are hit and some are a big miss.

One factor I definitely give marvel credit for, was the crossover into video games. capcom vs marvel series being the most popular and rightfully so. Dc vs mortal kombat was a cool. But marvel has been linking up with capcom for a while now.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10x huh? not 12 or 15x? You sure?
DC announced there entire slate up to the year 2020 I believe.
Keep it trill, you going to see Age of Ultron or not?
You don't know shyt about upcoming DC shyt because they are only on the 2nd movie of their shared universe, is that really a fair comparison?
So this Superman sequel's hype isn't based on Batman being in it mostly, as well as Wonderwoman?
They don't need it or they can't do it? Because after the top 2 their heroes get real shaky as far as appeal to a wide audience. Shyt they don't even have the confidence to do Robin and he is their best character's sidekick.
They did him once, terribly and then said uh nevermind. lol

DC didn't reveal titles

The next movie is called batman v superman: dawn of justice they hype is batman vs superman not wonder woman showing up.

What does comic appeal matter to a cinematic audience?

DC has better stories to tell. If I want a fun popcorn flick I'll watch marvel movies. If I want that and more I feel these upcoming DC movies will fulfill that appetite.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
DC didn't reveal titles

The next movie is called batman v superman: dawn of justice they hype is batman vs superman not wonder woman showing up.

DC has better stories to tell. If I want a fun popcorn flick I'll watch marvel movies. If I want that and more I feel these upcoming DC movies will fulfill that appetite.
DC didn't reveal titles so you don't know where they are going story wise, but at the same time you are fairly positive they will be better than Marvel.

OK, that makes perfect sense. lol

MOS how do you rank it compared to the already released MCU flicks. Just curious.

And despite your complaints are you seeing Avengers 2 or not?

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stan ridin' for his squad. :salute:

I don't he's as right as he thinks he is though. :lupe:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC didn't reveal titles so you don't know where they are going story wise, but at the same time you are fairly positive they will be better than Marvel.

OK, that makes perfect sense. lol

MOS how do you rank it compared to the already released MCU flicks. Just curious.

And despite your complaints are you seeing Avengers 2 or not?

DC has more compelling stories. The JL stories shyt on anything the avengers or any marvel team has done including Xmen.

I said it was stupid for marvel to reveal the titles. I never said it was smart of DC to not do the same. They may do the same once they solidify the route they want to take. Imagine if DC announced the sequel to JL 7 months before JL even comes out and they called it JL:Doom. That's like getting a book and reading down the name of all the chapters before you even start to read it. It's not the purest form of spoiling but it does take away from the immediate story.

I don't know what you mean by rank but I would much rather watch MoS than any Marvel movie currently out right now.

MoS was a much more compelling and ironically human story compared to any of Marvel's.

Clark growing up, coming to terms with his powers. Not knowing who/what he is and having to hide who he truly is. And then finally meeting someone just like him and being forced to kill him in order to save his new home and family. What MCU movie has a story anywhere near as compelling as that.

I'm not a fan of the tone of the MCU movies.. I'm curious to see how they convey civil war because its one of the most darkest and brutal stories involving the avengers and other popular characters but for a story so popular it's very disappointing how bad it was. Tony Stark and Capt America basically become greedy a$$holes not willing to compromise causing the death and destruction of those around them.

Whether I'm seeing it or not has nothing to do with the point I'm making.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
DC has more compelling stories. The JL stories shyt on anything the avengers or any marvel team has done including Xmen.

I said it was stupid for marvel to reveal the titles. I never said it was smart of DC to not do the same. They may do the same once they solidify the route they want to take. Imagine if DC announced the sequel to JL 7 months before JL even comes out and they called it JL:Doom. That's like getting a book and reading down the name of all the chapters before you even start to read it. It's not the purest form of spoiling but it does take away from the immediate story.

I don't know what you mean by rank but I would much rather watch MoS than any Marvel movie currently out right now.

MoS was a much more compelling and ironically human story compared to any of Marvel's.

Clark growing up, coming to terms with his powers. Not knowing who/what he is and having to hide who he truly is. And then finally meeting someone just like him and being forced to kill him in order to save his new home and family. What MCU movie has a story anywhere near as compelling as that.

I'm not a fan of the tone of the MCU movies.. I'm curious to see how they convey civil war because its one of the most darkest and brutal stories involving the avengers and other popular characters but for a story so popular it's very disappointing how bad it was. Tony Stark and Capt America basically become greedy a$$holes not willing to compromise causing the death and destruction of those around them.

Whether I'm seeing it or not has nothing to do with the point I'm making.
Ok breh, see you May 1st. :mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Suge.jpg

Fred.
:pachaha: You wrong fodat

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
DC didn't reveal titles

Like MoS did?:sas2:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But DC is just starting:dwillhuh: I'm mad that I'm coming off as a DC stan,
when I love all the comic movies. DC has the two most popular comic to TV adaptations. I expect Lee to keep the friendly competition going, he's just off trying to act like DC is that far behind

DC is that far behind breh. How are they not? Marvel started a connected universe in 2008....DC is just now trying to lay a foundation for something similar, 7 years later.

I think some people in this thread (not necessarily you) are getting "I agree with Stan" confused with "Marvel's movies are better". You can think the Nolan trilogy is better than anything in the MCU....but it doesn't change the fact that it's not even canon for their connected universe. DC is just starting out and Marvel is going into Phase 3....they are very far behind.

Fred.