Stan Lee Disses DC Comics, Says They Got Alot Of Catching Up To Do

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The average person can't name you any of her villains. They'd probably struggle to name one basic fact about her.

The average person couldn't name you any of the villains of Capt. America, Thor, Iron Man, Guardian of the Galaxy, and they still made bank.

Wonder Women, if marketed properly (and if the movie is good) will do well.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The difference in DC and Marvel is that Marvel is all about quantity over quality. Stan Lee proves this point straight up.

He basically says "We have more heroes than them/ They have to catch up to us." And that's basically his only argument.

Marvel may make more money when it comes to box office standings but I think you will get 10x better performances and stories from DC properties.

I think the ABSOLUTELY BIGGEST MISTAKE that Marvel has made so far is announcing there whole slate for the next 10 years including the titles...

I may be the only one who feels this way but my hype for Age of Ultron has plummeted due to multiple reasons.

1. I've seen so much footage that I feel like I've already seen the movie.

2. I already have an idea of what happens in the next movie, and after that, and after that due to the titles being released.

3. The story seems very throwaway-ish. Going from and alien invasion to man-made robots seems like a step backwards as far as scope.

It seems like Marvel hype is solely based on what new hero they will introduce and not the actual stories being told. Civil War finally seemed like we were going to get a more story driven movie but then it gets overshadowed by the introduction of spider man which becomes the new focal point of the movie.

DC doesn't need a universe focused around hundreds of heroes. The JL and its members have way better standalone and joint stories than Marvel will ever have.
y'all are completely missing his entire point

he's not saying fukk dc, they suck, they can't do it like us

he literally said THEY HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO.. how is that even a debate??

he's talking about the whole universe thing... making movies, that all connect, with plots from movie 1, trickling down into movie 10...

marvel started THAT on the big screen with ironman 1... and the SAME STORYLINE is still going on through 10-15 movies, and will continue on till at least 2018 if not longer

dc STARTED to tie in on MOS... and that was by having a wayne satellite...

so in other words, they got a lot to catch up to... movie wise, content wise, and money wise... and he's simply saying the same thing i been saying in that other thread...........

we'll see what they do.. we seen nolan have 2 good movies and a mehhh... and a mehhhh superman... now we supposed to have undying faith that they'll throw 5-6 heros in the next movie and it'll be on the scale of avengers 2 :francis:

nah.... "they have a lot of catching up to do. hope it's good, but :francis:"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You would think that, but you are basing the "race" on the wrong parameters. When Batman v Superman comes out DC and Marvel could easily be neck and neck.

The only advantage if you can even call it one is that Marvel has introduced more characters into their universe. More characters =/= a better story or movie or universe.

I don't know why people are harping on Marvel's position on movies in their universe as them being "ahead". Or saying DC has to "catch up".

By that logic, when Marvel finally gets to their climactic ending does that mean they win? See how stupid that sounds?

When BvS comes out DC will have "caught up" because it only takes two movies within the same universe to make a cinematic universe. When Suicide Squad comes out they will be setting foot into territory that marvel has yet to do( GotG is nothing like suicide squad btw). Will that push DC ahead of Marvel?

See how the notion of More movies = ahead is stupid.
he's saying yea... they might have 5 movies do good. then see how hard this shyt is and fall off... but we over here is already at 10 movies all doing well... setting up our second phase for another 10... and we KNOW our shyt is hitting

basically its on some drake vs jay-z shyt...

drake out here hot... doing numbers... been doing it for years.. got 3-5 albums that sold

jay could STILL come out and say... nikka i been doing THAT since 96... working on album 15-20... and my last record still sold more than your last... so you got a lot of catching up to do before you reach MY level

even tho they both selling TODAY

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
like batman :mjlol:

nikka can rewind time and pick up islands but can't beat up batman :francis:
Prep time>>god like powers

goxu53x.gif

mPbBhOG.gif

tumblr_mhcal3ND3F1qbbbxqo1_500.gif

" If Clark wanted to he could use his his superspeed and squish me in the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clarks essentially a good person.......... And deep down, I'm not."- BRUCE.WAYNE

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Prep time>>god like powers

goxu53x.gif

mPbBhOG.gif

tumblr_mhcal3ND3F1qbbbxqo1_500.gif

" If Clark wanted to he could use his his superspeed and squish me in the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clarks essentially a good person.......... And deep down, I'm not."- BRUCE.WAYNE
Well if you put it like that, he don't wanna kill him

But see that second gif, superman flips him. He could have slammed him 3 ft into the ground and knocked him out. Still a good person, while avoiding getting his ass kicked

It's just laziness. Superman routinely fights bad guys, subdues them, and moves on. Batman trying to beat that ass, and electric shock does him in... nikka took a 50 cal to the eyeball and it bounced off or how about fly away. Watch Bruce from space. Wait till he's in public and fight him.

Is the dude superman or kinda superman. He's got EVERY super power and the ONLY weakness is krypto.... This shouldn't be happening and we all know it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The coli.com:

Booth: Jay-z Vs nas
Arcadium: xbox vs sony; googset vs apple
Film room : Dc vs marvel
Coliseum: lebron/jordan vs kobe

:russ:
this typa shyt aint even strictly designated to just internet shyt muthafukkas in real life out in the world be having these "this better than that" arguments/debates

i remember deadass, when i was younger one of my cousins was arguing with one of his friends about Nintendo being better than Sega
my cousin wacked him across the face with one of them mini louisville sluggers :deadmanny:
hes blind in one eye after that shyt:deadmanny:
shyt you see how people be actin with them Jordan vs whoever debates out in the world lol

Daps
Reppin
VOID
DC has always been playing second fiddle to Marvel...cause DC sucks. I've always thought DC sucks. Stan the man is just saying what we were all thinking.

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Acting like people care about a majority of the Marvel characters :mjlol:

People just like seeing superhero movies no matter the studio behind it. Stan must be getting some extra cash from Marvel :ehh:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even I can't agree with that and I love M.O.S. The winter soldier was the pinnacle of the MCU movie universe and the only one I can watch over and over again.
Winter Soldier was a very good movie. And it stood out among many people as being one of the best yet because it didn't feel like just another comic book movie. It was a movie that could stand on its own and it caught a lot of people by surprise because its not like anything we've gotten before from Marvel Studios.

Winter Soldier was the perfect sweet spot that I want the future marvel movies to be like. Have a good story with good character elements first and then dress it up with the comic book flare and fun that we know and love.

That's what I personally value in a movie and I just feel that DC is focusing on elements that I value more than Marvel is.