Stan Lee Disses DC Comics, Says They Got Alot Of Catching Up To Do

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yall dumb as hell with these straw man arguments. Can yall quote for me who said a Wonder Woman movie wouldn't make money? Or that lack of basic knowledge of her character would keep it from making money?

The argument was nobody knows shyt about Wonder Woman. Some nikka named off a couple of her villains (while also basically admitting they are a stan) to somehow prove that's false.

And the reply is but she still going to make money tho :damn: yall shyt on marvel stans but yall are just as caught up in the money numbers to validate DC on some little brother shyt :pachaha:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
DC's Trinity>>>>>>>>>>>> Basically all of Marvel though :yeshrug:
Not in the movie world. Yes the Batman movies have been great, but the last Superman movie was "good" and the one before that was awful. And how is that they have been sitting on Wonder Woman all this time? A sexy female superhero?? They should be on their third WW movie by now.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I saw it. Wasn't sure it was real, but I saw it. CGI was looking real :patrice:

If it is a fake, them trolls are going the extra mile, these days. :whew:

"To all you characters out there, who don't wanna be on a movie slate with Batman and Superman...all up in the theatres, all on the the animated features, dancin'...then come to Marvel Comics!"
the coli never dissapoints

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Not in the movie world. Yes the Batman movies have been great, but the last Superman movie was "good" and the one before that was awful. And how is that they have been sitting on Wonder Woman all this time? A sexy female superhero?? They should be on their third WW movie by now.
Yeah DC is slipping on that. Wonder Woman should be way bigger than she already is

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The real question is can WB market other superheroes outside of Batman and Superman in this climate.

Attach big names or big directors = win

WW is probably gonna have a Star in the supporting role, same with Aquaman, Shazam, GL etc.

One thing WBs is good at is casting big names and big directors

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
The real question is can WB market other superheroes outside of Batman and Superman in this climate.

I think they've been using the animated movies to test the water, to be honest. Besides Batman and Superman, they've released some with Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, Suicide Squad, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (:scust:) and The Spectre (that I can remember) in the past few year so I don't see them going in blind. By now, they know who connects with hardcore and casual fans alike.

It wouldn't surprise me if they just end up making live action versions of those cartoons until they get settled after B vs S. :manny:

Suicide Squad already feels like the cartoon that came out recently.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Suicide Squad will be a success because of the A-list cast but we should know after Wonder Woman

A-list stars like who?! Will Smith can't sell a movie on his own anymore (See Focus and After Earth). everyone else involved are co-stars they never head up their own movies.
The premise seems dope but nothing is guaranteed.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
A-list stars like who?! Will Smith can't sell a movie on his own anymore (See Focus and After Earth). everyone else involved are co-stars they never head up their own movies.
The premise seems dope but nothing is guaranteed.
Will Smith can sell a movie. Why is Focus looked at as a flop it made $150M worldwide and its not an action flick. Jared Leto has a following and Margot Robbie is the hottest actress in hollywood IMO.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
DC has always been playing second fiddle to Marvel...cause DC sucks. I've always thought DC sucks. Stan the man is just saying what we were all thinking.

Read the comics. DC is far from wack. Only people who actually say that never read any good DC stories.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Will Smith can sell a movie. Why is Focus looked at as a flop it made $150M worldwide and its not an action flick. Jared Leto has a following and Margot Robbie is the hottest actress in hollywood IMO.
Jared Leto has a following? Maybe a little for winning an Oscar but besides that his career is rather obscure.
Focus came and went, I mean the best thing I can say about it is I would raise an eyebrow if I saw it on my cable listings. I mean if it made that much $ that seems like a decent ROI.
It's whatever, I just think A list is a bit off, just a real strong cast I would say.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Daredevil is the first of many Netflix series, that will lead up to an eventual crossover in The Defenders.

This show will be connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, along with other Netflix series involving Iron Fist (2015), Luke Cage (2016) and A.K.A. Jessica Jones (2015).

marvel starting up a whole nother series of tv shows now... all tied in to the movie series... that's gonna result in another team up squad for another tv show :mjcry:

this ain't even counting the 2 other shows they already got on network tv... a.lot.of.catching.up.to.do :francis: