Stan Lee Disses DC Comics, Says They Got Alot Of Catching Up To Do

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
So he's going to act like the Nolan trilogy didn't make billions of dollars at the box office? :pachaha:

"DC has had lots of luck with the Nolan-helmed Batman franchise, but other attempts at DC characters have been hit-and-miss."

:yeshrug: stan dont give a fuk

tumblr_mzmewitdH61qmwidzo1_500.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
He's saying DC cant do what marvel is doing with the character's they're pushing right now. Marvel has like 15 comic characters spread around tv, film and the Internet... all in the same universe.
But DC is just starting:dwillhuh: I'm mad that I'm coming off as a DC stan,
when I love all the comic movies. DC has the two most popular comic to TV adaptations. I expect Lee to keep the friendly competition going, he's just off trying to act like DC is that far behind

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The difference in DC and Marvel is that Marvel is all about quantity over quality. Stan Lee proves this point straight up.

He basically says "We have more heroes than them/ They have to catch up to us." And that's basically his only argument.

Marvel may make more money when it comes to box office standings but I think you will get 10x better performances and stories from DC properties.

I think the ABSOLUTELY BIGGEST MISTAKE that Marvel has made so far is announcing there whole slate for the next 10 years including the titles...

I may be the only one who feels this way but my hype for Age of Ultron has plummeted due to multiple reasons.

1. I've seen so much footage that I feel like I've already seen the movie.

2. I already have an idea of what happens in the next movie, and after that, and after that due to the titles being released.

3. The story seems very throwaway-ish. Going from and alien invasion to man-made robots seems like a step backwards as far as scope.

It seems like Marvel hype is solely based on what new hero they will introduce and not the actual stories being told. Civil War finally seemed like we were going to get a more story driven movie but then it gets overshadowed by the introduction of spider man which becomes the new focal point of the movie.

DC doesn't need a universe focused around hundreds of heroes. The JL and its members have way better standalone and joint stories than Marvel will ever have.
See you May 1st:sas1:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
YES..... Arguably most well known to our great grandparents, grandparents, and parents..... maybe us a little but majority of the people who these comics are well known to are dead.:wow:

This new generation is riding the wave of seeing all the shyt from Marvel:blessed: and..... oh yes.... Batman and Superman.... maybe Green Lantern:troll:.... but they dont give a fukk...:pacspit:

Its a new world breh and its ran by Marvel:ohlawd:
Lol. Fam, everyone knows Supes and Bruce. Spidey and Wolverine are more well known than Wonder Woman but that's 3/5 of the most popular super heroes that DC has. They have nothing to worry about when it comes to making bank at the box office.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
So he gone ignore how D.C. been killing the animated front and live action T.V. front. Like Samllville back then and now arrow and flash, with Gotham despite being hated by a lot doing numbers :mjpls:

And didn't he also diss the fukk out marvel calling them idiots or did everyone skip over this quote
"I wanted to do [Daredevil as a television series] many years ago, but at the time the people who owned [Marvel] were very foolish," Lee said.
"There was a beautiful actress who wanted to play Black Widow alongside Daredevil in the TV show. I forget her name ... but she was gorgeous; you'd know her," he continued. "I came to the person who at the time was the CEO of Marvel and I said, 'We have a chance to do this as a series,' and this idiot said, 'If it bombs, that'll hurt the character.' And I said, 'If that was the case we'd never do anything.'"

So apparently Marvel of is used to idiots running the show so much they had to have Mickey mouse come save them from themselves:sas2:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Spider-Man is a central character in that storyline

The Spiderman in the comic Civil War storyline and the Cinematic Spiderman we are getting are two very different Spidermen. The spiderman in the comics had a history in the marvel universe and with the avengers. Which is why him and the people he sided with held so much weight in the story. The cinematic spiderman basically has no relationship with ironman, capt america, or any avenger and he just appears.

Black Panther made more sense due to the circumstances because he's basically a neutral party, a wealth of knowledge and resources, and either side would need him more than he needed them.

I'm also assuming that the Spiderman roll in the upcoming movie is not much like the one in the comics due to the fact that they were able to switch the roles so easily.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The Spiderman in the comic Civil War storyline and the Cinematic Spiderman we are getting are two very different Spidermen. The spiderman in the comics had a history in the marvel universe and with the avengers. Which is why him and the people he sided with held so much weight in the story. The cinematic spiderman basically has no relationship with ironman, capt america, or any avenger and he just appears.

Black Panther made more sense due to the circumstances because he's basically a neutral party, a wealth of knowledge and resources, and either side would need him more than he needed them.

I'm also assuming that the Spiderman roll in the upcoming movie is not much like the one in the comics due to the fact that they were able to switch the roles so easily.
Sheeeeit... long as gets in that dope ass Iron Spider suit I aint complaining lol

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Growing up I read both marvel and dc. Leaned more toward marvel.

but yeah he's right. Box office wise that is. Plus marvel and Disney linking up helped a lot too.
Both have great animated shows, tv shows and great characters(tho marvel got a lot of design ideas from dc)

Would have been nice too see ant man tied in with ultron. Oh well.

Still waiting on Kang the conqueror :mjcry:

Tnt plz dont mess up titans
:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Growing up I read both marvel and dc. Leaned more toward marvel.

but yeah he's right. Box office wise that is. Plus marvel and Disney linking up helped a lot too.
Both have great animated shows, tv shows and great characters(tho marvel got a lot of design ideas from dc)

Would have been nice too see ant man tied in with ultron. Oh well.

Still waiting on Kang the conqueror :mjcry:

Tnt plz dont mess up titans
:mjcry:
Has TNT ever had a good show :skip:

That shyt might as well be instant bushes status :pachaha: