SSJ3 is the worst tranformation in DBZ history and I'll tell you why.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mystic Gohan vs Legendary SSJ Broly, who wins?

Gohan easily. Broly at his best (Movie 10) was somewhere in the SSj 2 range based on how he was handling SSj 2 Teen Gohan, but Mystic Gohan was more powerful than Buu Saga SSj 3 Goku.

Also, Broly isn't the DBZ equivalent of the Hulk. True, Broly's ki never decreased, but there was a limit to how much ki his body could handle without releasing some of it. There's a scene in Movie 8 where he releases a bunch of ki blasts after saying that his ki was rising. I'll see if I can find the video.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gohan easily. Broly at his best (Movie 10) was somewhere in the SSj 2 range based on how he was handling SSj 2 Teen Gohan, but Mystic Gohan was more powerful than Buu Saga SSj 3 Goku.

Also, Broly isn't the DBZ equivalent of the Hulk. True, Broly's ki never decreased, but there was a limit to how much ki his body could handle without releasing some of it. There's a scene in Movie 8 where he releases a bunch of ki blasts after saying that his ki was rising. I'll see if I can find the video.

i said the hulk comparison because of how his energy kept increasing....but what you said isnt true...his power was limitless...they stated this is the movie, that's why goku had to take him out when he did...and yea, he released energy but that was him showing it was continiously increasing...he'd scream and release energy...

if him and mystic gohan got in a fight, broly would win...the fight would go 2 ways::

1. gohan would play around and he'd lose because of the constant increasing of broly's power....

2. if broly was allowed to stay around and increase his power from the point they first met him, to when gohan became mystic, he'd crush gohan cause who knows how strong he wouldve been by then.....

....broly really was that strong...he was naturally stronger than goku...he didnt have to train and his shyt would keep increasing....now, goku's will was equal to broly's nature power, but that's it....it's a reason broly was called the legendary super saiyan....would his body have held up? no one knows, but if goku's can, why not the legendary super saiyan's?....

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Thing about DBZ is, the most enjoyable fights were towards the early part of the series, when writers were focused on animating and entertaining fights instead of people transforming and shooting blasts at each other.

For example, Piccolo vs Frieza fight was dope as hell. Piccolo vs Android 17 too.

And the DBZ movies contained some of the dopest action in the series.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i said the hulk comparison because of how his energy kept increasing....but what you said isnt true...his power was limitless...they stated this is the movie, that's why goku had to take him out when he did...and yea, he released energy but that was him showing it was continiously increasing...he'd scream and release energy...

In the original Japanese release, Broly says, "My ki is rising...overflowing," while appearing to be in pain. He then flies up into the air and releases ki blasts in all directions. This indicates that he does indeed have a limit to how much ki his body can handle. If he could handle limitless ki, then it wouldn't be possible for it to overflow.

In the English Funimation dub, the line was dubbed as, "Getting stronger. Yes, much stronger," so I see why a lot of fans think that he is DBZ Hulk.

His greater natural strength is a result of him being the Legendary Super Saiyan, I don't think that his power was limitless.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the original Japanese release, Broly says, "My ki is rising...overflowing," while appearing to be in pain. He then flies up into the air and releases ki blasts in all directions. This indicates that he does indeed have a limit to how much ki his body can handle. If he could handle limitless ki, then it wouldn't be possible for it to overflow.

In the English Funimation dub, the line was dubbed as, "Getting stronger. Yes, much stronger," so I see why a lot of fans think that he is DBZ Hulk.

I agree that his greater natural strength is a result of him being the Legendary Super Saiyan, it just don't agree that his power was limitless.

i got the jap verision, so it's not a matter of lost in translation....the same way goku, vegeta, and everyone elses bodies cant handle a new level at first and it hurts/drains them initially until they got use to it, he's the same way...unlike them though, his power never stops rising, it rises naturally...so his body has to adapt faster cause he's reaching new levels faster....releasing some energy that initial time is his body adapting....if not, he wouldnt be able to come back and keep fighting so quickly like he does...

if his power never stops rising, how is he not limitless?.....the only question would be if his body could take it....beacuse he's not canon and they had him get beat, we'll never know....but if goku's can take ss3, why cant broly's when he's naturally stronger?...i mean, the fact that he was the legend, the first to go ss, then ss2(this is what he went before goku beats him), and always ready to fight more i think shows his body couldve handled it....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also: mystic gohan is not stronger than ss3 goku...goku is the strongest in the series cause the fans wanted it that way, so the creator made it that way....if anything, him making gohan mystic was a way to get fans to shut up about gohan having the potential to pass goku...once he made him mystic, he capped how strong gohan could get....he wasnt a punk and was still one of the strongest non fused characters in the universe, but there was no way he could ever surpass goku cause he couldnt go to another level anymore....

Sugar

Banned
Daps
this thread got me thinking how dope Pokemon could've been if people could actually die :ohhh:

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
I didn't like how Goku got all these advantages over Vegeta. Dude learns all these techniques in other world, and gets to train there for years without limitations like gravity and oh yeah your body, all the while all Vegeta has is that tired ass gravity room.

They also went too crazy with the power levels after Cell.

The series should have given Vegeta and Piccolo more shine.

One of the main reasons why I can't stand that breh. Like, you're such a bad man (shot out to SwaGeta pink shirt) by having numerous "get out of jail free cards" via spirit bomb..... You surely earned those orange and blue DBZ stripes breh :dry:. Charlie Villanueva looking ass:

Goku_SSJ3_by_AZNShadowNLC.jpg

charlievillanueva.jpg

:hmm:.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
also: mystic gohan is not stronger than ss3 goku...goku is the strongest in the series cause the fans wanted it that way, so the creator made it that way....if anything, him making gohan mystic was a way to get fans to shut up about gohan having the potential to pass goku...once he made him mystic, he capped how strong gohan could get....he wasnt a punk and was still one of the strongest non fused characters in the universe, but there was no way he could ever surpass goku cause he couldnt go to another level anymore....

Wrong breh. Its universally accepted that Chou Gohan is the strongest fighter in the canon series. Its been stated by Toriyama in an old interview that I can't find a link to but more important than that, the story supports Gohan having the most established feat of power. You'd find few to agree otherwise and even less with the ability to prove Goku was above Gohan. There is no other level for him, correct. But levels do not equal power, power equals power. His potential being fully maximized put him above any Z Fighter. There is no need to access a "level" to gain power, you need only to powerup. You are speaking as if you don't recall DBZ without super saiyans. You have a base. His base is his level now.

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrong breh. Its universally accepted that Chou Gohan is the strongest fighter in the canon series. Its been stated by Toriyama in an old interview that I can't find a link to but more important than that, the story supports Gohan having the most established feat of power. You'd find few to agree otherwise and even less with the ability to prove Goku was above Gohan. There is no other level for him, correct. But levels do not equal power, power equals power. His potential being fully maximized put him above any Z Fighter. There is no need to access a "level" to gain power, you need only to powerup. You are speaking as if you don't recall DBZ without super saiyans. You have a base. His base is his level now.

mystic gohan is not the strongest fighter in canon, it's goku....the story shows this from the beginning to the end...the creator has said this....he originally wanted to make gohan the strongest and the lead after the cell saga....but the fans complained they wanted goku, so that's what he did....he made goku the strongest and the lead for the rest of the series...

by level, i mean going from reg to ss1 to ss2, and so on...once gohan reached mystic, that was it...his shyt was capped...he cant go to a mystic 2 and so on, there is a limit to how much his power can increase....unlike goku, who can go from ss1 to 2 to 3 to whatever, and everytime he does, his power resets to the new level he's at....but we dont even need to worry about him going past ss3, because ss3 goku is stronger than mystic gohan...this was shown in the series...mystic gohan is stronger than a ss2, but less than a ss3....

...i know people like gohan more than goku and the setup was there for gohan to be potentially more powerful than goku, but plans changed....there is another dbz thread on here i posted a lot of info in explaining it cause people doubted me....but i'm not bullshytting yall....

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
loll u guys got me watching Dragon Ball Z Movie # 8 again

why does broly seem so calm in the start? never noticed then again the dbz movies to me are a blur

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
mystic gohan is not the strongest fighter in canon, it's goku....the story shows this from the beginning to the end...the creator has said this....he originally wanted to make gohan the strongest and the lead after the cell saga....but the fans complained they wanted goku, so that's what he did....he made goku the strongest and the lead for the rest of the series...

by level, i mean going from reg to ss1 to ss2, and so on...once gohan reached mystic, that was it...his shyt was capped...he cant go to a mystic 2 and so on, there is a limit to how much his power can increase....unlike goku, who can go from ss1 to 2 to 3 to whatever, and everytime he does, his power resets to the new level he's at....but we dont even need to worry about him going past ss3, because ss3 goku is stronger than mystic gohan...this was shown in the series...mystic gohan is stronger than a ss2, but less than a ss3....

...i know people like gohan more than goku and the setup was there for gohan to be potentially more powerful than goku, but plans changed....there is another dbz thread on here i posted a lot of info in explaining it cause people doubted me....but i'm not bullshytting yall....
Breh I cant go back and forth with you about a 15yr old conversation thats been solved for just as long. We arent talking about the fanbase wanting Goku back, we are speaking on power levels. Of course in theory, Goku could continue to get stronger since Gohan had his potential maximized already but we arent speaking theoretically, we are speaking in real time and Goku was not more powerful than Gohan as SSJ3. Toriyama never said Goku was stronger than Gohan he DID say however that he brought Goku back because of the fanbase. Bringing Goku back was NOT synonymous with Goku being made the strongest by the end of the series. The hero yes, the most powerful, no. Popularity means little other than incentive. You can present no feat or logic other than popularity to prove Goku was stronger than Gohan. Never stated, never implied. You realize Kid Buu was the weakest Buu correct? Kid Buu was working Goku about as definitively as Super Buu w/SSJ3 Gotenks was working Gohan. Now we know that Goku couldn't sustain ssj3 against Kid Buu but he did state that if he could reach full power, he thought he could beat him. This is Kid buu breh, the weakest of them all other than Mr. Buu (Good Buu). Fat Buu lost tons of power when Evil Buu split from him...and this is the same Buu that was tanking Kid Buu attacks in the final fight for a short time. Weaker than Kid, but not by a huge amount. Not to mention that Super Buu having the memories of Fat Buu, recalled how strong ssj3 Goku was and still made it a point to tell Gohan that HE was the fighter he had been waiting on every since he felt Gohan's ki midway through his training, not Goku. If Goku was stronger, Buu wouldve been waiting on him. If Goku was stronger, he wouldve gave Kid Buu that work. If Goku was stronger, he couldve finished or atleast damaged Fat Buu more than he had. The case has been made already years ago that ssj3 Gotenks is stronger than Goku, let alone Gohan who ssj3 Gotenks is aware is more powerful than himself. You're right, Chou Gohan can't get any stronger while Goku can continue to, but Goku would HAVE to continue getting stronger in order to be stronger than Gohan. That COULD happen, but it DIDNT happen before the series ended and thats the main point.