SSJ3 is the worst tranformation in DBZ history and I'll tell you why.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
It doesn't make sense that becoming a SSJ is easier the less Saiyan a person is.

It doesnt make sense but thats been proven. i think They were born with natural strength. When Gohan was born, Goku wasn't a SSJ yet.
But when Goten and Trunks were born their fathers could transform into Super Saiyan. I believe that's why.

When Gohan was born, Goku had a pretty weak power level. The way it looks in the DB universe is that you can kind of pass on a piece of your power to your Children.Now becoming a SSJ, while it TAKES a lot of heart and work and determination, requires a lot of power too ( I think it does). This could be why Goku was able to go SSJ against Frieza BUT NOT ealier, he simply had more power against Frieza, By the time Goten was born, Goku could already become a SSJ as far as USSJ I think, so he passed on a BUNCH of power to the unborn Goten. I guess we could say because Goten had more power, he needed less emotional incentive to transform. But with Trunks, Vegeta could not transform when Trunks was born, but he still inherited a lot of power. His SSJ transformation might have come from heavy training in high gravity and the desire to impress Vegeta. Of course that's my opinion. And theory.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now when we were kids I know that everyone thought the SSJ3 was the dopest shyt ever. But in actuality its one of the laziest transformations ever.

Toriyama even half assed on how goku even attained it. All we know is "something" happened, learned it in other world, not having a living body made it easier. What kind of freaking plot cheat code is that??

SSJ had a history and legend behind it.
SSJ2 blood, sweat, tears, and death behind it.
SSJ3 was just a "Hey look what I can do." type of shyt.

Toriyama gave us nothing on how, or why or what even caused him to gain this ability.
All Goku said was "Oh I learned it during my Other World Adventures."

but wait that's not all!

Toriyama does it AGAIN when Gotenks goes SSJ3.
Except this time its learned because Goku tells them, "Go SSJ, then SSJ2, then dig deep and try hard and boom, you're a SSJ3."

Both times the transformation appeared it was done as a show-and-tell routine. And there was no immediate threat or danger, hell Goku had a big ole grin on his face the first time he showed it and so did Gotenks.

When Gohan first went SSJ2, that was the last time the SSJ transformations meant anything in my opinion.

SSJ3 is not a wordly transformation there are conditions to attain it.

For goku it was constantly training in a dead body, fot gotenks it was training while fused in a dimension where time operates differently.

There's a reason why goku has trouble using it while being alive and he's losing power and time. It's not a technique for the living world

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Goku actually used SSJ and Kaioken together during the Pikkon match before the Buu Saga began. He called it Super Kaioken.

non canon this was something TOEI animation made up. If goku done that in the manga he would've exploded or died the power explosion is to much to handle

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it's a training thing Vegeta should of attained SSJ earlier

Training hard isn't what unlocks SSJ, like goku says it comes from a need.

Goku lost his calm against frieza that's why he transformed. Frieza remarked that vegeta couldn't do it yet.

When vegeta transformed he said he didn't care anymore he had lost his calm about wanting to surpass goku and that's what triggered it.

Vegeta couldn't reach SSJ3 training in a live body because he still needs to eat sleep and shyt while goku could train 24 hours a day

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesnt make sense but thats been proven. i think They were born with natural strength. When Gohan was born, Goku wasn't a SSJ yet.
But when Goten and Trunks were born their fathers could transform into Super Saiyan. I believe that's why.

When Gohan was born, Goku had a pretty weak power level. The way it looks in the DB universe is that you can kind of pass on a piece of your power to your Children.Now becoming a SSJ, while it TAKES a lot of heart and work and determination, requires a lot of power too ( I think it does). This could be why Goku was able to go SSJ against Frieza BUT NOT ealier, he simply had more power against Frieza, By the time Goten was born, Goku could already become a SSJ as far as USSJ I think, so he passed on a BUNCH of power to the unborn Goten. I guess we could say because Goten had more power, he needed less emotional incentive to transform. But with Trunks, Vegeta could not transform when Trunks was born, but he still inherited a lot of power. His SSJ transformation might have come from heavy training in high gravity and the desire to impress Vegeta. Of course that's my opinion. And theory.

More than anything else, I presumed that Goku and Vegeta's sons having SSJ power was a plot device, but your theory certainly is more compelling. One problem with your theory is that Goku was weaker than the likes of Raditz--a low level Saiyan--when Goku was a child. So what meager percentage of power could Goku have gifted Gohan when the former hardly had any?

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
He could have just went SSJ3 and the fight would have been over in 30 seconds, but instead he had pity for Vegeta and wanted him to feel as if he could physically hang with him, and he didn't want it to take up his time on Earth.
Goku didnt want to revive Majin Buu. Him going SSJ3 and beating the shyt out of Vegeta would of been enough power to awaken him im sure.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SSJ2 Teen Gohan the goat DBZ character

classic breh classic
4gk3CmS.png

:shaqbuu:.

:dead:

Last edited: