Spin: Wrestlers you were wrong about?

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I’m not saying I think anyone great and new from the indies or other feds needs to come in and immediately win championships like RR after the Shield broke up.

But I also don’t believe cats should look weak and like shyt for a decade PLUS then on the tail ends of their careers get shock SYMPATHY runs Iike Kofi & the Majarah dude.

But with that said, I was wrong about damn near everyone in the E that didn’t come up from the OVW/FCW/Tough Enough pipeline
It took almost a year and a half for Roman Reigns to win his 1st WWE Championship after The Shield broke up. Stop it. Finn Balor won the Universal Championship less than a month after being on the main roster but people like Finn Balor.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Motor City Machine Guns would be basically where the Bucks are today

I thought The Miz was dead on arrival but I was biased because I watched his season of The Real World and couldn't shake that for a few years when I saw him

I thought Monty Brown had next

I thought The Amazing Red would be the next Rey Mysterio

I thought DDP would be a legend in WWE

They should have been, were the better tag team.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Wade Barrett

I thought he could be a world champion during the initial Nexus run. He could talk and was decent in the ring. Then Cena and Orton buries him :damn: The Corre was stupid as hell and no one cared. Then he rebranded himself with Bad News Barrett I was sold again. They didn’t push it consistently and add to the injuries :manny: it was over.
Don't forget his irrelevant King of The Ring win. :mjcry:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
It took almost a year and a half for Roman Reigns to win his 1st WWE Championship after The Shield broke up. Stop it. Finn Balor won the Universal Championship less than a month after being on the main roster but people like Finn Balor.

Balor got injured and hadn’t come any where close to that again. They tried like 4 times to have Reigns to a Daniel Bryan-like “moment”, even though Reigns is not slightly bigger than a CW, isn’t an under dog in any way, and was handpicked to be “the next guy”. If it wasn’t for him leaving for his leukemia treatment, the fans would’ve never gotten behind him due to those multiple strong pushes he had prior to that. They put together an entire stable full of former US, IC, and World champs (League Of Nations) for the sole purpose of giving Reigns a boost :dead:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

what’s still quicker though? A year or over a decade?:jbhmm:

All I’m saying is I’d atleast love the OLD WWE system where guys would work they way up..... like either Tag, then IC level, then world title.

When Rock broke from ND, they didn’t rocket ship him to WC status, they also didn’t waste his time for 8 years either

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Wade Barrett

I thought he could be a world champion during the initial Nexus run. He could talk and was decent in the ring. Then Cena and Orton buries him :damn: The Corre was stupid as hell and no one cared. Then he rebranded himself with Bad News Barrett I was sold again. They didn’t push it consistently and add to the injuries :manny: it was over.

Same. I thought Barrett had it, but the WWE always got behind him at the wrong times. Then when he got over on his own, they pulled the rug under him.

I thought Cody was going to be a megastar in the WWE back in 2013/2014. He was red hot. Then they turned him into Stardust :francis:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
what’s still quicker though? A year or over a decade?:jbhmm:

All I’m saying is I’d atleast love the OLD WWE system where guys would work they way up..... like either Tag, then IC level, then world title.

When Rock broke from ND, they didn’t rocket ship him to WC status, they also didn’t waste his time for 8 years either

That's not a real thing. Look at the history of WWE main eventers: They're almost all pre-ordained and given the rocket push since the Bruno days.

Bruno: Hot shot into a minute squash over Buddy Rogers after years of being mostly a mid carder in Capitol/WWWF and losing to Buddy Rogers like literally 20 times over 2 years.

Pedro: A low card guy in WWWF in the early-mid 60s, leaves for 5 years, comes back and wins the title within a month.

Backlund: The decision for him to take the title off of Superstar Graham was decided before Graham actually won the title.

Hogan: Won the title and was made the face of the promotion within a month of returning to the company.

Randy Savage: Was working a program with Hogan 3 months into his WWF run. Main event guy basically his entire run before winning the title, even if it was headlining the B loop.

Warrior: Sure he won the IC title first, but that was a rocket push and flop at that.

Bret/HBK: Yes, those two are a examples of working up the card. These are really the only two guys to do the tag team to IC to world title progression.

Yoko: Won the Rumble 2 1/2 months after his debut, headlined WM and won the title 4 1/2 months after his debut, a PPV win over Hogan 6 months in, headlined every PPV from his debut through Wrestlemania 10.

Austin: In reality he was positioned as the future foundation of the company 6-7 months after his debut, despite the hagiography that Vince saw nothing in him. There was certainly no denying his role and focus by early 1997, and the wait until WM 14 to win the title is actually surprising in the amount of restraint and patience Vince had in pulling that trigger. He would be an example of this had he won the WCW Championship, though.

Rock: Huge plans for him from day 1, as a face if he hadn't flopped Vince would have given him the strap in 1997 for sure. As it was, he was IC champ within 2 months of debuting, got to take over his own stable, and once leaving the stable was world champ in about 2 months. Total time from debut to top guy: 2 years.

HHH: Won all the mid card titles and shyt, but his actual main event push was super forced and out of nowhere and felt very unearned in and out of character. Took a good 2 years of heavily pushing him at the top of the card before people bought into him being a real top guy.

Brock: Biggest rocket push since Hogan. Debuted after WM, beats The Rock by Summerslam, face of Smackdown immediately despite only 2 years of experience.

Batista: Spent all of his time as a heavy for HHH, then wins the Rumble with very little singles experience and wins the title at WM.

John Cena: The attempt was made to make him a main eventer 2 years before it stuck as a face. It didn't work, and instead of discarding him as a failure, Vince tweaked and made him the face of the company for a decade.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's not a real thing. Look at the history of WWE main eventers: They're almost all pre-ordained and given the rocket push since the Bruno days.

Bruno: Hot shot into a minute squash over Buddy Rogers after years of being mostly a mid carder in Capitol/WWWF and losing to Buddy Rogers like literally 20 times over 2 years.

Pedro: A low card guy in WWWF in the early-mid 60s, leaves for 5 years, comes back and wins the title within a month.

Backlund: The decision for him to take the title off of Superstar Graham was decided before Graham actually won the title.

Hogan: Won the title and was made the face of the promotion within a month of returning to the company.

Randy Savage: Was working a program with Hogan 3 months into his WWF run. Main event guy basically his entire run before winning the title, even if it was headlining the B loop.

Warrior: Sure he won the IC title first, but that was a rocket push and flop at that.

Bret/HBK: Yes, those two are a examples of working up the card. These are really the only two guys to do the tag team to IC to world title progression.

Yoko: Won the Rumble 2 1/2 months after his debut, headlined WM and won the title 4 1/2 months after his debut, a PPV win over Hogan 6 months in, headlined every PPV from his debut through Wrestlemania 10.

Austin: In reality he was positioned as the future foundation of the company 6-7 months after his debut, despite the hagiography that Vince saw nothing in him. There was certainly no denying his role and focus by early 1997, and the wait until WM 14 to win the title is actually surprising in the amount of restraint and patience Vince had in pulling that trigger. He would be an example of this had he won the WCW Championship, though.

Rock: Huge plans for him from day 1, as a face if he hadn't flopped Vince would have given him the strap in 1997 for sure. As it was, he was IC champ within 2 months of debuting, got to take over his own stable, and once leaving the stable was world champ in about 2 months. Total time from debut to top guy: 2 years.

HHH: Won all the mid card titles and shyt, but his actual main event push was super forced and out of nowhere and felt very unearned in and out of character. Took a good 2 years of heavily pushing him at the top of the card before people bought into him being a real top guy.

Brock: Biggest rocket push since Hogan. Debuted after WM, beats The Rock by Summerslam, face of Smackdown immediately despite only 2 years of experience.

Batista: Spent all of his time as a heavy for HHH, then wins the Rumble with very little singles experience and wins the title at WM.

John Cena: The attempt was made to make him a main eventer 2 years before it stuck as a face. It didn't work, and instead of discarding him as a failure, Vince tweaked and made him the face of the company for a decade.

And your right.... those are a few examples and some cases it worked.

But I still think the best raises are the guys that go up through the championship level. It don’t matter if Vince from day one wanted etc to be the face of the company, the JOURNEY is what makes them legends like Rock, Austin, HBK, HHH, Cena, Bret, and so on. Just as long as the journey is reasonable and they don’t have too many career/legacy hurting lows

Cuz again, once you get to the top and succeed too quickly & highly. It’s like “well what’s next”?

And that’s another reason I never really get sold on the “FORMER MAIN EVENTER WORLD CHAMP” holding the MID CARD title.

Cuz for one again it’s like “why” and secondly it’s like it taking the spot and opportunity for other guys that are up and comers rising up in the ranks trynna get there..

AJ Styles being the mid card champ ain’t really doing nothing for the division to elevate anyone.

Now you listed your examples, so here are mine without the descriptions and they aren’t WWE specific either:

Edge
Benoit
Eddie
Angle
Goldberg
Booker T
Double J
Sting
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Jay Lethal
CM Punk
Orton

Hell even though I just criticize them “Take a decade long approach to get there” But still even

Kofi
Christian
Miz
DDP

and so on

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I thought Edge wasnt ready for his main event push; I felt like when he came back from the neck injury he didn't really have a character and his wins were just from generic counters to his opponents finishers