Spin: Wrestlers you were wrong about?

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
What is this thread a spin off of?
In the Coliseum there was a thread called NBA Players you were wrong about, which then had a spin off thread of Hockey Players you were wrong about, which then had a spin off thread of Cricket Players you were wrong about. At least that's what I think it started this spin off :pachaha:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I never gave Kenny Omega a chance because I just saw his goofy facial expressions and weirdo promos so I never bothered to watch a match of his.

Dude can really get busy in the ring :leon:

When I started watching a lot of old NJPW the past couple of weeks, it showed me just how much people like Nakamura, Okada, Omega, etc. had influenced a lot of the wrestlers in the indies and major companies with the matches they were putting on. :ohhh:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
And your right.... those are a few examples and some cases it worked.

But I still think the best raises are the guys that go up through the championship level. It don’t matter if Vince from day one wanted etc to be the face of the company, the JOURNEY is what makes them legends like Rock, Austin, HBK, HHH, Cena, Bret, and so on. Just as long as the journey is reasonable and they don’t have too many career/legacy hurting lows

Cuz again, once you get to the top and succeed too quickly & highly. It’s like “well what’s next”?

And that’s another reason I never really get sold on the “FORMER MAIN EVENTER WORLD CHAMP” holding the MID CARD title.

Cuz for one again it’s like “why” and secondly it’s like it taking the spot and opportunity for other guys that are up and comers rising up in the ranks trynna get there..

AJ Styles being the mid card champ ain’t really doing nothing for the division to elevate anyone.

Now you listed your examples, so here are mine without the descriptions and they aren’t WWE specific either:

Edge
Benoit
Eddie
Angle
Goldberg
Booker T
Double J
Sting
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Jay Lethal
CM Punk
Orton

Hell even though I just criticize them “Take a decade long approach to get there” But still even

Kofi
Christian
Miz
DDP

and so on

And half the guys Stro mentioned still won undercard titles before touching the World title; meaning they took the traditional route like you mentioned.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I refuse to admit i was wrong about wade barrett. the bad news gimmick was awesome and the wwe stopped it because they are stupid

I was wrong about corbin. Hes actually talented. Just overpushed

I was wrong about cena..maybe..i thought he was complete shyt but there were a few matches near the end of his run like the one against punk where he used the piledriver that had me impressed..it could also be that his contemporaries are so bad that he looks better in retrospect though

I was a super casual after wcw folded for quite a while and for some reason thought orton was good when i watched him. Hes trash :scust:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I was a super casual after wcw folded for quite a while and for some reason thought orton was good when i watched him. Hes trash :scust:

It's fukk KKKlandy 24/7, 365 days a year, but back when he was on Smackdown I wanna say 2012 or something (when he first grew the beard) he was actually putting on some decent to good matches.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
It's fukk KKKlandy 24/7, 365 days a year, but back when he was on Smackdown I wanna say 2012 or something (when he first grew the beard) he was actually putting on some decent to good matches.

Dont get me wrong..ive been watching a good amount since like 2011 or so. So ive thought he was mediocre for a good amount of time..but when i was in HS and college and would curiously tune in for a little i bought into the hype. HOWEVER...i never respected him because he bit DDPs finisher :scust:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Dont get me wrong..ive been watching a good amount since like 2011 or so. So ive thought he was mediocre for a good amount of time..but when i was in HS and college and would curiously tune in for a little i bought into the hype. HOWEVER...i never respected him because he bit DDPs finisher :scust:

Orton was backstage trying to think of a new finisher and DDP told him to use the diamond cutter right before he went out to the ring... so he didn't bite it... he didn't even ask to use it, he was gifted the move by the man himself

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Orton was backstage trying to think of a new finisher and DDP told him to use the diamond cutter right before he went out to the ring... so he didn't bite it... he didn't even ask to use it, he was gifted the move by the man himself

While true, Orton has been asked about his finisher in recent years and has never once mentioned DDP

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
The Rock. I just didn't see it with that Rocky Maivia gimmick. When he became a big star I watched an old promo of his from USWA when he was Flex Kavana and it was exactly the Rock character.