Sony squeezing every last ounce out of the Spider-man franchise

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Let em come. Everyone that has with their weak nonsense has gotten that work.

These dudes make it too easy. You see how many vanish soon as I son them.

Next up

"Asm flopped" - marvel stan

:heh:

Yeah I said my piece already. No one has touched it so I'm
tumblr_mesjub36dK1rb3i1l.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm pretty sure we already thoroughly explained why ASM and ASM2 were weak sauce in their original movie threads. I'm sure if we brought up those same points again you'd start complaining that we criticasters can't stop complaining.

If you include Spider-Man 3 than the SM franchise as a whole has two good movies (one of which is great even) and three duds in a row. But keep wondering why we're losing faith in this franchise, brehs.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This nikka literally obsessed with marvel:ohhh:

:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Did those marvel stans shyt on DOFP as well? It seems like everyone seemed to enjoy that flick marvel stan or not. They have different villains in ASM yeah but they are essentially the same lab experiment gone bad, that's why I mentioned other villains that weren't created that way.

And yeah Batman begins brought up the parent angle but they expanded on it further and showed Bruce's origin something that hasn't been shown before. Something ASM hasn't shown so far besides the parent angle they dropped midway through the first.

Stay :umad: doe

nikka is obsessed with Marvel Studios :russ: :dead:always bringing them up and constantly spewing out red herrings and generalisations that have zero to do with the argument at hand, fukk does Spider-Man's :trash: villains in this :trash: series have to do with how Marvel Studios does theirs?. "Bu-bu-bu-but Marvel did this ", :mjlol:. The deflections :wow: , the generalisations :whew:, the fallacies :ohlawd:, the straw mans :ahh:.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm pretty sure we already thoroughly explained why ASM and ASM2 were weak sauce in their original movie threads. I'm sure if we brought up those same points again you'd start complaining that we criticasters can't stop complaining.

If you include Spider-Man 3 than the SM franchise as a whole has two good movies (one of which is great even) and three duds in a row. But keep wondering why we're losing faith in this franchise, brehs.
The complaints hold zero weight.

You see the exact same posters making a complaint about an asm film but defending and brushing off the exact same complaint when its made against a marvel film.

Its transparent.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
nikka is obsessed with Marvel Studios :russ: :dead:always bringing them up and constantly spewing out red herrings and generalisations that have zero to do with the argument at hand, fukk does Spider-Man's :trash: villains in this :trash: series have to do with how Marvel Studios does theirs?. "Bu-bu-bu-but Marvel did this ", :mjlol:. The deflections :wow: , the generalisations :whew:, the fallacies :ohlawd:, the straw mans :ahh:.
Oh look its marvels head dikk rider.

Go celebrate disney being able to eat off groot merchandise some more in the gotg thread stan.

If im obsessed then what are you who is in every single non mcu comic film thread shytting on the films and every marvel thread dikk sucking them?

Im just calling you fukk boys out on your hypocrisy.

You were already in full cape mode in the thread about fantastic four. Calling it trash with no budget. When i asked you to provide a link to the budget you vanished.....funny how that works.

Last edited:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I liked all of them except 3. :manny: not that serious

:mjlol: Black Cat, like Catwoman, Supergirl and Elektra weren't terrible.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The complaints hold zero weight.

You see the exact same posters making a complaint about an asm film but defending and brushing off the exact same complaint when its made against a marvel film.

Its transparent.

Or it's a matter of context. There's a difference between shytty villains and underused villains, and their place in the movie. And even when it comes to shytty villains you've got poorly written villains, poor portrayals by the actors, weak villains, villains who have dumb-ass schemes, etc. etc. It's never as simple as "How can you say movie X sucks because it has a terrible villain when movie B, which you like, has a terrible villain as well?" even if some posters here don't bother to more thoroughly explain.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Or it's a matter of context. There's a difference between shytty villains and underused villains, and their place in the movie. And even when it comes to shytty villains you've got poorly written villains, poor portrayals by the actors, weak villains, villains who have dumb-ass schemes, etc. etc. It's never as simple as "How can you say movie X sucks because it has a terrible villain when movie B, which you like, has a terrible villain as well?" even if some posters here don't bother to more thoroughly explain.

I agree with what youre saying. But youre being naive if you think that's what it breaks down to.

Those same posters will type essays defending the same critique of Marvel but when it comes to attacking a non mcu film they drop one sentence. When you ask them to elaborate and point out their inaccuracies they vanish.

They run with false narratives and people piggyback off with nothing to back up what theyre claiming.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I agree with what youre saying. But youre being naive if you think that's what it breaks down to.

Those same posters will type essays defending the same critique of Marvel but when it comes to attacking a non mcu film they drop one sentence. When you ask them to elaborate and point out their inaccuracies they vanish.

They run with false narratives and people piggyback off with nothing to back up what theyre claiming.

So it's just like every other movie forum on the internet. And here I thought we had something special. :to:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So it's just like every other movie forum on the internet. And here I thought we had something special. :to:

Nah breh never that. Like I feel you completely and we had that discussion already but it's one thing when you come back at them and they keep running with the same narrative not providing any logical debate. If you feel like Electro is a bad villain but then big up Ronan and when someone says Ronan is weak your response is "well he's not the main villain what do you expect?" or "Well the movie is cool though" or "He may not have had much to do but he looked good" then you miss me. If ASM2 and Guardians do the same thing in some respects, one is propped up as godly and the other is defecated on for doing the same exact thing or taking the same shortcut, then that rubs me the wrong way. If you're hard on this flick for pulling bs then be hard on the other flick for pulling the same bs

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Sad shyt is that Garfield and Stone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toby and Kirsten.....

this is true, but i can honestly say the lackluster spiderman films starting from s3 (even tho it did well box office wise the critics have really dragged the films worth down over the years) to the recent reboot has really decreased spiderman's worth in the marvel standings

dude was the franchise commodity for marvel for a long time, but now has prolly been surpassed by ironman and most of the avengers since he couldnt be in that cinematic universe ... and this translate to spiderman's popularity in general too, even with casual fans :manny:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Nah breh never that. Like I feel you completely and we had that discussion already but it's one thing when you come back at them and they keep running with the same narrative not providing any logical debate. If you feel like Electro is a bad villain but then big up Ronan and when someone says Ronan is weak your response is "well he's not the main villain what do you expect?" or "Well the movie is cool though" or "He may not have had much to do but he looked good" then you miss me. If ASM2 and Guardians do the same thing in some respects, one is propped up as godly and the other is defecated on for doing the same exact thing or taking the same shortcut, then that rubs me the wrong way. If you're hard on this flick for pulling bs then be hard on the other flick for pulling the same bs

I can't judge GotG because I haven't seen it yet but a shytty villain in a good movie makes the whole thing more acceptable than a shytty villain in a trash movie. Once again, it would demand context, and that seems to be the hard part around here.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can't judge GotG because I haven't seen it yet but a shytty villain in a good movie makes the whole thing more acceptable than a shytty villain in a trash movie. Once again, it would demand context, and that seems to be the hard part around here.

I'd argue that if your argument is a villain sucked and that's just your main point then that should be a contention across the board. So no there is no context around these parts breh. It's the internet, when has anyone ever thought of using context to justify an opinion? Especially when it comes to comic books and comic book movies

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
this is true, but i can honestly say the lackluster spiderman films starting from s3 (even tho it did well box office wise the critics have really dragged the films worth down over the years) to the recent reboot has really decreased spiderman's worth in the marvel standings

dude was the franchise commodity for marvel for a long time, but now has prolly been surpassed by ironman and most of the avengers since he couldnt be in that cinematic universe ... and this translate to spiderman's popularity in general too, even with casual fans :manny:

It's hard to compare. Spider man movies are more stand alone. Asm2 is the first time they done something different. Every other spidey film had stand alone stories that were self contained. Asm2 is building towards sinister six.

The mcu has caught that lighting in a bottle effect the same way no limit records did. In that they can release anything right now and because of the way theyve marketed and presented the product is does well. So guardians of the galaxy making bank has little to do with the guardians and everything to do with it being mcu. The same way silk the shocker having multiple plaques had nothing to do with him and everything to do with no limit itself.

Franchise fatigue is a factor too. Five movies now. Sinister six is next and thats the first time theyve done something outta left field and it could potentially be the jolt of life the franxhise needs for some or it could sink it completely.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Oh look its marvels head dikk rider.

Go celebrate disney being able to eat off groot merchandise some more in the gotg thread stan.

If im obsessed then what are you who is in every single non mcu comic film thread shytting on the films and every marvel thread dikk sucking them?

Im just calling you fukk boys out on your hypocrisy

e1f5ly.jpg
More baseless assertions, generalisations and deflections :mjlol:, because I wasn't in Days of Future Past thread praising it before and after it's release. A movie made by Fox Studios may I add :mjlol::whistle:. Because I didn't shyt on Iron Man 3 or the first Captain America movie, two movies made by guess who?: Marvel Studios :mjlol::whistle:. Because I've shytted on X-MEN: Apocalypse :ohhh:, despite voting that it will be the best superhero movie in 2016 :ohhh: a movie made by FOX Studios :ohhh:.

So that baseless statement "what are you who is in every single non mcu comic film thread shytting on the films and every marvel thread dikk sucking them?" is quite frankly false and of course another one of your deflections
tvddXaB.png