Sony squeezing every last ounce out of the Spider-man franchise

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
e1f5ly.jpg
More baseless assertions, generalisations and deflections :mjlol:, because I wasn't in Days of Future Past thread praising it before and after it's release. A movie made by Fox Studios may I add :mjlol::whistle:. Because I didn't shyt on Iron Man 3 or the first Captain America movie, two movies made by guess who?: Marvel Studios :mjlol::whistle:. Because I've shytted on X-MEN: Apocalypse :ohhh:, despite voting that it will be the best superhero movie in 2016 :ohhh: a movie made by FOX Studios :ohhh:.

So that baseless statement "what are you who is in every single non mcu comic film thread shytting on the films and every marvel thread dikk sucking them?" is quite frankly false and of course another one of your deflections
tvddXaB.png
You find that link yet for the budget of the Fantastic four reboot?

You know the one you said will be trash with no budget only being made so marvel cant have the rights back?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Looking back at the 5 Spider-man movies, one thing jumps out at me: the movies that are the most "grounded" tend to be well received (SM1, SM2 and ASM1 to a degree) and the movies that are over the top (visually, story-wise, villain-wise etc.) are poorly received (SM3 & ASM2).

I know the Spider-man universe has both over-the-top and realistic villains...but unless you have directors who know how to properly make great fantasy/semi real movies like Spielberg, James Cameron, Guillermo del Toro etc, then they should stick to villains like Kingpin, Kraven, Hammerhead etc. and make the films more grounded like the Dark Knight series (but more colorful and witty). Basically they need to sit down and study SM2 and figure out what made that movie work so well

Imagine this for the next movie: Spider-man is cleaning up crime in NYC and decides to go after the Kingpin. Kingpin retaliates by hiring Kraven to go after SM. They do some epic battles: hand to hand combat, scaling walls, jumping buildings, the whole nine. Spider-man defeats him and battle with Kingpin one-on-one.

They need to scrap whatever they plan to do with the franchise and go in this direction if they want to get people interested again imo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Looking back at the 5 Spider-man movies, one thing jumps out at me: the movies that are the most "grounded" tend to be well received (SM1, SM2 and ASM1 to a degree) and the movies that are over the top (visually, story-wise, villain-wise etc.) are poorly received (SM3 & ASM2).

I know the Spider-man universe has both over-the-top and realistic villains...but unless you have directors who know how to properly make great fantasy/semi real movies like Spielberg, James Cameron, Guillermo del Toro etc, then they should stick to villains like Kingpin, Kraven, Hammerhead etc. and make the films more grounded like the Dark Knight series (but more colorful and witty). Basically they need to sit down and study SM2 and figure out what made that movie work so well

Imagine this for the next movie: Spider-man is cleaning up crime in NYC and decides to go after the Kingpin. Kingpin retaliates by hiring Kraven to go after SM. They do some epic battles: hand to hand combat, scaling walls, jumping buildings, the whole nine. Spider-man defeats him and battle with Kingpin one-on-one

They need to scrap whatever they plan to do with the franchise and go in this direction if they want to get people interested again imo.
I been banging that drum since 07 breh. And while they can't use kingpin, there are a number of mobsters in the spider man world they can use: hammerhead, the big man, the enforcers, tombstone, etc. I feel like the science fiction element is where its losing the general audience because they've seen that, especially with the whole osborn thing. I wanted this new iteration to be more about him battling street level villains and really flipping the "great power, great responsibility" thing on its head when he realizes that the good guys don't always win at first but eventually, maybe, they can. When guys who work for the mob are doing deals with cops and politicians, who exactly is good? Obviously the previous batman trilogy covered a lot of that ground but the difference comes in the way Peter sees the world vs how Bruce sees it: he's much more optimistic and hopeful in humanity and believes that people will do the right thing in the end.

However, once they set out to tell the Gwen Stacy story, there were certain things they felt they needed to do in order to be true to the comics to a degree and having a mob boss kill off Gwen may not have set well with most.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm pretty sure we already thoroughly explained why ASM and ASM2 were weak sauce in their original movie threads. I'm sure if we brought up those same points again you'd start complaining that we criticasters can't stop complaining.

If you include Spider-Man 3 than the SM franchise as a whole has two good movies (one of which is great even) and three duds in a row. But keep wondering why we're losing faith in this franchise, brehs.

:wow:

It's really come down these guys can't take a differing opinion. Which is weird because when it comes to film more often than not you'll have a different opinion, view, or interpretation than someone else.

So it's easier to lash out irrationally (in random threads) at anyone that enjoys a product than :manny: and keep it moving.

Again I think their hate for "marvel fanboys" has run over into influencing their opinion of the actual work.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I am extremely interested in how they go about it.

It has the potential to be amazing or terrible.

Drew goddard writer/director of the cabin in the woods gives me faith.

Im really curious who will be the six.
I think Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, and Green Goblin are the only confirmed ones so far. Not 100% sure though.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I been banging that drum since 07 breh. And while they can't use kingpin, there are a number of mobsters in the spider man world they can use: hammerhead, the big man, the enforcers, tombstone, etc. I feel like the science fiction element is where its losing the general audience because they've seen that, especially with the whole osborn thing. I wanted this new iteration to be more about him battling street level villains and really flipping the "great power, great responsibility" thing on its head when he realizes that the good guys don't always win at first but eventually, maybe, they can. When guys who work for the mob are doing deals with cops and politicians, who exactly is good? Obviously the previous batman trilogy covered a lot of that ground but the difference comes in the way Peter sees the world vs how Bruce sees it: he's much more optimistic and hopeful in humanity and believes that people will do the right thing in the end.

However, once they set out to tell the Gwen Stacy story, there were certain things they felt they needed to do in order to be true to the comics to a degree and having a mob boss kill off Gwen may not have set well with most.

Is Kingpin owned by Fox? Oh well, I think Tombstone would be a great boss if they went with the Big man angle. And if they could replicate one of my favorite fights from the comics, that would be dope as hell:

scan0006.jpg
scan0007.jpg
1287767-1182493_scan0014_super_1_.jpg

:banderas:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Is Kingpin owned by Fox? Oh well, I think Tombstone would be a great boss if they went with the Big man angle. And if they could replicate one of my favorite fights from the comics, that would be dope as hell:

scan0006.jpg
scan0007.jpg
1287767-1182493_scan0014_super_1_.jpg

:banderas:

Marvel got Kingpin back. Again breh I'm on the same page. Wish they would've went that route after spider man 3. Hopefully it happens eventually in my lifetime

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:wow:

It's really come down these guys can't take a differing opinion. Which is weird because when it comes to film more often than not you'll have a different opinion, view, or interpretation than someone else.

So it's easier to lash out irrationally (in random threads) at anyone that enjoys a product than :manny: and keep it moving.

Again I think their hate for "marvel fanboys" has run over into influencing their opinion of the actual work.
Man shut your bytch ass up.

You marvel stans wanna throw stones all day then get butt hurt as fukk when someones throws em back.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Put me in the ASM2 was trash crowd.

The first 45 minutes of the movie was pretty painful to get into and then everything else was rushed after that. Neither villain characters weren't developed enough IMO.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Man this breakfast is awesome! - random coli poster

You marvel Stans disgust me. - @Prodigal Syndicate

nikka wtf does that have to do with this breakfast. Where did that even come from :dahell: - random coli poster

:damn:fukk marvel!! - @Prodigal Syndicate
More like:

Breakfast by marvel:
DSC01215.JPG

Marvel fan: :krs: :lawd: :damn: perfect breakfast...loved the use of extra butter and the simple plate...dc breakfast needs to fall back...LOL i loved how there are two sausages and two bacons...perfection...im eating two plates :myman:

General fan:
Good breakfast...french toast was buttery and warm. Couldve used some orange juice but eh...and 4 meats and eggs? Kinda heavy. I enjoyed tho. :ehh:

Dc/fox/sony breakfast:
DSC01215.JPG

Marvel fan: :mjlol: TRASH. Why...THE fukk would they have bacon AND SAUSAGE on the same plate :mindblown:. Plus everything ON TOP of the eggs? :why: awful. Worst of all..NO ORANGE JUICE?? And while i'm here...with ALL OF THE BREADS they couldve gone with...why fukkin french toast? Abysmal :camby:

General fan:
Good breakfast....and uh...sausage eggs and bacon go together...makes sense...plus the french toast was buttery...meal was a little heavy but i enjoyed. :ehh:

Marvel fan rebuttal:
WTF IS THIS DUDE TALKIN ABOUT? theyre clearly trying to repeat the marvel breakfast....shyt was greasy too...awful...they need to let marvel make breakfast from now on :lawd:...im done with their breakfast :camby: