The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Average gen is like 5-7 years. Seems like a non-story

Yeah...no..

Lets keep it a buck, the last time I tried to get into the console scene was during the Xbone/PS4 era and on the real, I grew up and accepted that PC will always be supreme. Most of the games that came out for both platforms ran like shyt and was missing a lot of elements that a PC build from cheap to NASA could contribute. Also, you got to factor in the greed foolishness of the gaming industry that became a mess compared to the PS3/WII/360 era which honestly was the last time the industry peaked.

Fast-forward to 2020 and we entered the pandemic. Thus, folks couldn't even get a PS5 due to scalpers, and the series s and Xs were used as bunkers to quarantined folks. Once the smoke got cleared and consoles were accessible, then came the grim reality that you can easily get an exclusive on PC. Xbox Game Pass became essential to where the industry needs to be and the physical "I NEED IT NOW" old ding bats are holding up the industry.

Sony needs to adapt to this change and quite frankly, I welcome the change. I love being able to download a game and just bush it when I'm done, or just stream it if my internet wasn't shyt during the peak hours.

The direction needs to go to a one console/PC type of element with a better streaming/digital purpose and reasonable subscription prices.

Who in their fukking minds would want to go to a relic of a Gamestop just to cop a game they are going to return within a week, when you can do that shyt in the privacy of your own home?

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Yeah...no..

Lets keep it a buck, the last time I tried to get into the console scene was during the Xbone/PS4 era and on the real, I grew up and accepted that PC will always be supreme. Most of the games that came out for both platforms ran like shyt and was missing a lot of elements that a PC build from cheap to NASA could contribute. Also, you got to factor in the greed foolishness of the gaming industry that became a mess compared to the PS3/WII/360 era which honestly was the last time the industry peaked.

Fast-forward to 2020 and we entered the pandemic. Thus, folks couldn't even get a PS5 due to scalpers, and the series s and Xs were used as bunkers to quarantined folks. Once the smoke got cleared and consoles were accessible, then came the grim reality that you can easily get an exclusive on PC. Xbox Game Pass became essential to where the industry needs to be and the physical "I NEED IT NOW" old ding bats are holding up the industry.

Sony needs to adapt to this change and quite frankly, I welcome the change. I love being able to download a game and just bush it when I'm done, or just stream it if my internet wasn't shyt during the peak hours.

The direction needs to go to a one console/PC type of element with a better streaming/digital purpose and reasonable subscription prices.

Who in their fukking minds would want to go to a relic of a Gamestop just to cop a game they are going to return within a week, when you can do that shyt in the privacy of your own home?
Not reading this fam

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
This was the first generation I skipped, Im too busy playing all the oldschool RPGs I missed ...when GTA 6 drops I'll cop whatever hardware Sony is pushing at that time....hopefully there will be a new steam deck and I'll grab that too

I dont game nearly as much as I used to so its whatever :manny:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Because you can't make any objective, factual argument against the fact that other consoles were better prepared with more gaming options.

You can throw up your hands and claim that's false, and that's fine. You tagged someone else from The Arcadium Forum so you MUST be right.

:skip:

Your statement was so obscene, why bother making an objective point? It's like a white person saying there's no more racism, why bother arguing with them??

I can name several games that got high ratings by critics and the consumers. If someone says there's no games, they simply don't care about videogames.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I'm confused why people are making this a big deal. It is at the tail end of its life cycle. Maybe it's due to pandemic, but I'm not trying to play a PS5 for 10 yrs. Give me that PS6 in 3 yrs and let's get rolling
I think people are stuck on later "stage", which is a misquote by IGN.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I just don't see why Sony would need to do this.
Because both companies hemorrhage a metric FKTON of money on hardware sales and rnd up front. Each new unit first 2 years of each console release tag a net loss of $200-300. Cut that in half with M$ engineers and release a cobranded console with 2 different style controllers and it’s a wrap.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
shyt wasn't even readily available for like the first 2 years of it's life
My backlog is crazy so the games were aight to me

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
Yeah...no..

haven't been to Game Stop in years, usually buy games through PS Plus. Your other points are interesting though. I enjoy building PCs but ironically almost never game on them. I still use a PS4 to this day as I only play Overwatch, Tekken and Resident Evil.