Sony says the PS5 is entering the latter stage of its life cycle

Spence

Superstar
Daps
If Xbox dies though... Would it matter? They'd corner the market anyway
I don’t think so, the brand is still valuable and they would transition to focus on pc and OC adjacent upgrades with software for the pc market only before they let Xbox actually die.

M$ still has very valuable resources to produce hardware that Sony could use to speed up and reduce cost on rnd immensely. It’s a win win, if bmw and Toyota can get together and produce a car surely Sony & M$ can make a console together.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Not everybody has the money or infrastructure for internet to stream everything. :gucci:

And who wants to be connected online 24/7?

For a forum that hates Capitalism so much, y'all sure do love drm practices. Online + Digital only = More control to big corporations

Breh I'm 38 in human years. The days of giving a shyt about ownership and having physical copies are outdated for the marsupial.

I'm not taking these games to the grave with me :yeshrug:

Like the gaming industry does to the customer, I'm pumping and dumping :wow:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
They shouldve waited a few more years to release the next gens.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Y'all crazy if you don't think there's been any games. 2023 was a top 5ish year for gaming :ahh:

Then we get Tekken 8, FFVII Rebirth and Dragon's Dogma 2 in back to back to back months :wow:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Maybe it's not selling well because there aren't enough fukking games for it.

And the games that DO come out these days are half-finished bullshyt that are bugged and need updates for a year before the game is stable. And by that time the game's life cycle is over and people have lost interest.

This shyt isn't fukkin complicated.
For 25-30 years the video game industry was great. Then in the 2010s or so, you all went to this "games as a service" model and it's been a fukkin shyt show ever since.

These a$$holes never learned that if something isn't broke you don't try to fix it.
This

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Unless 120 fps games become a normal thing on console ain't no reason to immediately upgrade to a ps6, ain't gonna be no games anyway

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It only feels weird because PS5s took so long to become readily available, like 18 months after release