Sony says the PS5 is entering the latter stage of its life cycle

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've enjoyed my PS5 since launch, but I think I'll switch to a gaming computer instead of copping a console next gen. I'm bigger on indy Rogue-lites than any Triple-A titles, so Steam has a bigger selection.

Ghost757

Rookie
Daps
To many cross gen releases to justify ps4 owners upgrading, along with inflation. Gta 6 will sell consoles though.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Man. If Rockstar uses this an excuse to hold GTA VI for a PS6 release
GTAVI gets released Q4 2025

PS6 releases Holiday 2026 or 2027

Rockstar Re-Releases GTAVI 12 months later (probably for $79.99 or more) and stretches the add-on content out for 5+ years like they did with GTAV:wow:

I'd hate to be a gamer in this era Xbox 360/PS3 were the last ones I owned.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No platform or generational games

You can get most of PS5 games on PS4

People who purchased the 5 just did it to do so really. Then like someone else said, it was almost impossible to get one for a few years, system was huge af and hard to create to keep up with demand, overpriced, etc.

In fact, this was the first generation of PS that I actually skipped. I have too much of a catalog to skip the Xbox and their gamepass is solid enough but still.. it lacked platform selling games too but looks like microsoft is giving up on its consoles as well in favor of the gaming as a service model

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
If you told me 5-10 years ago I'd skip an entire system generation, I would have bet the house against that:wow:

For all the complaints y'all be having y'all still to go out and give these companies y'all money. I know it's hard but consumers really need to start speaking with their wallets.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I’ve skipped this entire gen of consoles since fatherhood takes up a ton of free time.

With Xbox cutting exclusives out don’t be surprised if Sony and MS get together to co-release a console together to corner the entire video game market.

Maybe it's not selling well because there aren't enough fukking games for it.

And the games that DO come out these days are half-finished bullshyt that are bugged and need updates for a year before the game is stable. And by that time the game's life cycle is over and people have lost interest.

This shyt isn't fukkin complicated.
For 25-30 years the video game industry was great. Then in the 2010s or so, you all went to this "games as a service" model and it's been a fukkin shyt show ever since.

These a$$holes never learned that if something isn't broke you don't try to fix it.

There’s no games for any of these systems anymore

Just sports games every year

And part 6 of whatever franchise they still living off of

To many cross gen releases to justify ps4 owners upgrading, along with inflation. Gta 6 will sell consoles though.

@Gizmo_Duck

Look at these posts. This is why you don't get gaming news outside of Arcadium. :francis:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I got a free Xbox Series X in the mail last week from Verizon after I signed up for there 5G home Internet service promo. With game pass that shyt is overwhelming when it comes to games to play. I haven't had a console since 2017 with the PS4 which the police ran up in my crib at gun point and took.

Playing Battlefield 2045 that shyt is intense. COD was too hard to play because other people bought all these upgrades making it damn near impossible to kill them. I uninstalled that shyt quick. Gonna gonna to the library to see if they got any physical copies for rent because that's the only way I can play campaigns without having to buy the game.

PS5 was hard as fukk to get for under almost $800 for a long ass time. The last Xbox console I owned was the 360 back in 2011 and the red ring of death deaded that experience quick. They got Golden Eye on game pass might fire that up for nostalgia purposes. Not really big on retro games outside of that.

Daps
I’ve skipped this entire gen of consoles since fatherhood takes up a ton of free time.

With Xbox cutting exclusives out don’t be surprised if Sony and MS get together to co-release a console together to corner the entire video game market.

I haven't bought a system since the first gen Playstation :flabbynsick:

I do have a meta quest but I don't know if that counts.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This gen was ass tbh. Definitely the weakest console jump. The best feature was that you could instantly load and play PS4 games in 60 fps.:russ:
15 days until FF7 Rebirth though.:wow::blessed:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great news. Im a playstation head but honestly, sony needs to evolve from the gaming systems.