Sony says the PS5 is entering the latter stage of its life cycle

Spence

Superstar
Daps
If you told me 5-10 years ago I'd skip an entire system generation, I would have bet the house against that:wow:

For all the complaints y'all be having y'all still to go out and give these companies y'all money. I know it's hard but consumers really need to start speaking with their wallets.
Exact same, I was a hardcore gamer to the point I was ranked top 200 in MW2 on PSN :wow:

I was on unemployment for about 8 months and was on morning noon and night. GF (now wife) went to work and came home mad af I was on the game when she left for work and came home :mjlol:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
lol. The PS2 released in 2000. The PS3 released in 2006. It wasn’t really until 2008 when you can feel the transition from console to console.
They were still developing games well into 2011 before they phased it out.

Last game developed and released for ps2 was pro eco soccer 2014 released November 8 2013 which means it still had juice going into the spring of 14.

I remember Sony wanted to even keep it going since they were racking up huge margins on cheap ps2 slim hardware but knew they had to eventually transition it out

Daps
Maybe it's not selling well because there aren't enough fukking games for it.

And the games that DO come out these days are half-finished bullshyt that are bugged and need updates for a year before the game is stable. And by that time the game's life cycle is over and people have lost interest.

This shyt isn't fukkin complicated.
For 25-30 years the video game industry was great. Then in the 2010s or so, you all went to this "games as a service" model and it's been a fukkin shyt show ever since.

These a$$holes never learned that if something isn't broke you don't try to fix it.
The PS5 is selling well, though. “failed to meet expectations” != not selling well.

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Yeah yall might as well kiss consoles goodbye. Them nikkas caught that steam money and it’s been a wrap lol

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Average gen is like 5-7 years. Seems like a non-story
I'm confused why people are making this a big deal. It is at the tail end of its life cycle. Maybe it's due to pandemic, but I'm not trying to play a PS5 for 10 yrs. Give me that PS6 in 3 yrs and let's get rolling

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't matter if you are or aren't. You said there was no games, ain't not point in going any further than that.
Because you can't make any objective, factual argument against the fact that other consoles were better prepared with more gaming options.

You can throw up your hands and claim that's false, and that's fine. You tagged someone else from The Arcadium Forum so you MUST be right.

:skip: