Sony says the PS5 is entering the latter stage of its life cycle

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I agree 100%, I really wonder what they can really improve on that would make a big jump to the next generation. I feel like these gaming consoles have reached the limit on what they can do. I got gamepass and PlayStation plus and honestly after beating certain games it’s nothing to play.
The last frontier is ready player one level vr, both inside your house and out in the real world. I’m predicting eventually things will move on from vr headsets to full body rigs. And I actually look forward to that for the most part, it would definitely bring in something special with games (like imagine playing wipeout on a rig in vr, or being on a gaming treadmill like device playing a mmorpg) after that is the end of the road

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Been out for 4 years

2 more years it will be 6 years

sounds about right.. for console generation life span

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Been out for 4 years

2 more years it will be 6 years

sounds about right.. for console generation life span
we are 9 months away, almost a full year away from it being 4 years old.. what kind of math yall doing :dahell:
that shyt came out mid november 2020.. its mid feb 2024 :mjlol:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
insomniac carried this gen. ND and sucker punch did fukk all

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
we are 9 months away, almost a full year away from it being 4 years old.. what kind of math yall doing :dahell:
that shyt came out mid november 2020.. its mid feb 2024 :mjlol:
PS5 pro won't be out till 2025... They won't announce 6 till 2027 and it won't be out till 2028 and that's low balling it

8 years is long enough.. I think he meant the ps5 is nearing the latter stages because of the Pro, not the 6

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Even though the quote was taken out of context, it's still a bad look to infer this because there have barely been any games for the current gen only.

Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Returnal, Final Fantasy 16 and Spider-Man 2 are the only exclusives that are not on last gen hardware.

I do think this could affect future console sales because people will be conditioned to not needing the latest system for many years.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Even though the quote was taken out of context, it's still a bad look to infer this because there have barely been any games for the current gen only.

Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Returnal, Final Fantasy 16 and Spider-Man 2 are the only exclusives that are not on last gen hardware.

I do think this could affect future console sales because people will be conditioned to not needing the latest system for many years.
"We believe in generations"

:mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Problem is, game development be taking so long, that you only get 1 game of a franchise for an entire gen. :ld:

For an adult, its :manny: , but for a 3rd grade kid, they wont get the sequel of their favorite PS5 game until they hit the 8th or 9th grade, when it comes out for the PS6.