Sony says the PS5 is entering the latter stage of its life cycle

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Never even got it.

I will maintain releasing a console that's all white is a mistake. It should have kept the black streak going.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
After the ps6 they probably need to transition better to ar/vr cause at that point I can’t see what much more they can do with the consoles besides actually just making a pc at that point. If we ever see a ps9 like that damage commercial from back in the day it’ll be in our eyeballs

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
After the ps6 they probably need to transition better to ar/vr cause at that point I can’t see what much more they can do with the consoles besides actually just making a pc at that point. If we ever see a ps9 like that damage commercial from back in the day it’ll be in our eyeballs
Consoles are pretty much just pc’s at this point right now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think generations should be longer. They gotta stop this stupid arms race of more power better graphics. I don’t think there should be a new generation of consoles until at least 2029-30

Let the hardware we got marinate for a bit.

Remember at the start of the gen devs were talmbout how the SSDs will offer a fundamental change in how games are developed and would offer new worlds and new experiences blah blah blah. We ain’t seen none of that shyt. We still riding elevators and squeezing through crevasses:beli:

Give the devs a chance to cash in on their work. They’ve spent years building new assets, engines, processes based on the current consoles, and now according to sony they supposed to start that process over again for a new generation of consoles??:smh:

It would help fix the profit problems everyone is experiencing right now. Let the prices on hardware components come down so sony/microsoft can actually make a profit on the hardware. And let the devs cash in on some cheaper/shorter development times. And i think the games will be better creatively and performance wise. Instead of just chasing new graphics.

It’s why i’m still not convinced the PS5 pro is coming this year. Its existence makes zero sense in the context of the current reality of the industry. Sony can’t afford to sell it for a loss. Component prices are through the roof. They gone have to sell it for like $7-800 to make a worthwhile hardware upgrade. And ain’t nobody spending that much on a console. Then devs are gone be expected to invest even more money to take advantage of the extra performance, while they are still struggling to put out profitable games on the OG hardware. None of that makes any sense. :smh:

Industry gone have to step off the hamster wheel and let this shyt breathe for a minute.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamers seem to be the only demographic that actually complains at the options for better hardware. It's not like a better SKU existing forces current system owners to upgrade. It would be like someone with a GTX 970 complaining about NVIDIA releasing newer graphics cards and wanting that to be the base model for years before a new one comes out. A PS5 Pro doesn't effect PS5 owners at all.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamers seem to be the only demographic that actually complains at the options for better hardware. It's not like a better SKU existing forces current system owners to upgrade. It would be like someone with a GTX 970 complaining about NVIDIA releasing newer graphics cards and wanting that to be the base model for years before a new one comes out.
It does when we “believe in generations”

If they make the consoles easily upgradable like PC components that would be different.

But when you are expected to pay for new upgrades and your current hardware has a hard cut off then new hardware very much matters. Also PC is an open platform. The performance of your games is up to you. On consoles there’s a baseline of performance expectations for EVERY game. The PS5 pro can’t have games the PS5 can’t play. If you have a GTX 970 on PC theres zero guarantee that you will be able to play games built for the next generation of hardware.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It does when we “believe in generations”

If they make the consoles easily upgradable like PC components that would be different.

But when you are expected to pay for new upgrades and your current hardware has a hard cut off then new hardware very much matters. Also PC is an open platform. The performance of your games is up to you. On consoles there’s a baseline of performance expectations for EVERY game. The PS5 pro can’t have games the PS5 can’t play. If you have a GTX 970 on PC theres zero guarantee that you will be able to play games built for the next generation of hardware.
But this isn't happening though. GTA VI will not require a PS5 pro. Idk what the article talking about. Optimized for PS5 pro/better sure but not required.