Sony says the PS5 is entering the latter stage of its life cycle

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Breh I'm 38 in human years. The days of giving a shyt about ownership and having physical copies are outdated for the marsupial.

I'm not taking these games to the grave with me :yeshrug:

Like the gaming industry does to the customer, I'm pumping and dumping :wow:

Aye, that's cool. Just don't complain when corporations lock shyt down. Microsoft tried it with the Xbox One, no used games and always online with DRM software. Y'all think it's bad now with $70 games? :francis:

I'll definitely be building a PC, gaming ain't what it uses to be. Too many folks supporting bad practices

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Release the Pro and drop the price then :martin: I need something to play GTA 6
You'll be waiting a long time pleighboi

Alan wake 2 is a game that is only possible with SERIOUS hardware. It cannot run on a ps4 pro and looks like trash on the series S. If you want to play that game at true 4k running 60fps, you'll have to buy a video card that costs nearly $1000.

Until that GPU is down to something like $400 a pro model is not financially feasible for Sony. Microsoft is a 1 Trillion dollar company so they can take the hit, but they are also a software company that realizes they can make money with their studios putting out content on other platforms.

I think what you'll see is a model where Microsoft has some exclusive games on their platform, but other games that could be exclusive will be put on other consoles with DLC pay walled for other players but completely free for Xbox owners with game pass subscription.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
2023 was one of the best years of gaming ever, and 2024 is looking great too. If all you see is sports games then that's all you're looking for :pachaha:

A lot of these dudes are casuals who ain't really into games. They'll play 1 hour at most every few days. Anybody that follows the industry know it's been straight heat the past 3 years.

TLR should stick to talking about PAWGs, redpill, and wenches

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a free Xbox Series X in the mail last week from Verizon after I signed up for there 5G home Internet service promo. With game pass that shyt is overwhelming when it comes to games to play. I haven't had a console since 2017 with the PS4 which the police ran up in my crib at gun point and took.

Playing Battlefield 2045 that shyt is intense. COD was too hard to play because other people bought all these upgrades making it damn near impossible to kill them. I uninstalled that shyt quick. Gonna gonna to the library to see if they got any physical copies for rent because that's the only way I can play campaigns without having to buy the game.

PS5 was hard as fukk to get for under almost $800 for a long ass time. The last Xbox console I owned was the 360 back in 2011 and the red ring of death deaded that experience quick. They got Golden Eye on game pass might fire that up for nostalgia purposes. Not really big on retro games outside of that.
Damn, just giving them away like that?:picard:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a free Xbox Series X in the mail last week from Verizon after I signed up for there 5G home Internet service promo. With game pass that shyt is overwhelming when it comes to games to play. I haven't had a console since 2017 with the PS4 which the police ran up in my crib at gun point and took.

Playing Battlefield 2045 that shyt is intense. COD was too hard to play because other people bought all these upgrades making it damn near impossible to kill them. I uninstalled that shyt quick. Gonna gonna to the library to see if they got any physical copies for rent because that's the only way I can play campaigns without having to buy the game.

PS5 was hard as fukk to get for under almost $800 for a long ass time. The last Xbox console I owned was the 360 back in 2011 and the red ring of death deaded that experience quick. They got Golden Eye on game pass might fire that up for nostalgia purposes. Not really big on retro games outside of that.

Same, except I got an Xbox Series S. After being a PS gamer in my teens, I never imagined owning an Xbox. But they made it impossible to get an PS5 and if you could find one, it was $1,000 freaking dollars as you said. There's no way I could ever justify spending a stack on a video game. I quickly converted over though. Game Pass gives you access to more games than you can ever have time to play. Now I can't imagine going back to PS.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Damn, just giving them away like that?:picard:
They was giving out the S series before that and people in the promo ad comments on FB who signed up 2 weeks before were pissed when they saw that they started giving out the X. I got in right in time. Almost missed out on the whole thing because the last day I had to go in and pick up my router from Verizon or they'd cancel my order I barley made it there. It was like 10 minutes left before store closed. That day was when the promo ended.:whew:

They'll probably start giving out the PS5 by spring but I'm good with the Xbox.:blessed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Average gen is like 5-7 years. Seems like a non-story

Well PS4 was only “alive” for 7 years and this is going into the 4th for PS5 🤷 and I was really about to flame this until I looked it up
We all know that the years aren't matching up the same this go around because covid slowed things up and the technology is largely untapped. Developers are still developing games to play on current and last gen.

This console generation will be one of the worst ever if it ends in 3 or less years.