Someone on Twitter said Usher don’t have enough hits to do a superbowl halftime performance

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The disrespect of artists in the 2000’s is getting ready to rear its ugly head. The Beyoncé then everybody else mindset is not going to be good. We will see what people will say once they start back putting them white acts out there.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
The disrespect of artists in the 2000’s is getting ready to rear its ugly head. The Beyoncé then everybody else mindset is not going to be good. We will see what people will say once they start back putting them white acts out there.
People shytted on other black female artists just to uphold Beyonce. That was dangerous. You care more about this one woman than the actual genre of R&B? Hive mentality

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Usher would body this shyt. R&B GOAT, monster hits. That edm shyt will go stupid in a stadium

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They really just saying they dont wanna hear r&b music at the superbowl. They want jason derulo type shyt not dangelo. They think usher shyt not pop enough.

Just show how trash taste is

Daps

It’s really just Twitter though, people will say the most outlandish go against the grain thing they can say to go viral. There’s nothing we can do about it, they do it with athletes too.

But in real life ushers supposed to be one time Vegas residency was so successful that he did it 3 more times. He even upped the residency again this year.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Confessions literally went diamond. What a stupid take.

You Make Me Wanna
Yeah
U Got It Bad
U Remind Me
Love In This Club
Nice and Slow
My Boo
Confessions
Same Girl
Burn
U Don't Have To Call
I Need A Girl
Caught Up
DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love

Etc

Those are all MEGA hits lol.

It's double diamond actually

It's the highest selling album by a male artist this millenium I think

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It’s really just Twitter though, people will say the most outlandish go against the grain thing they can say to go viral. There’s nothing we can do about it, they do it with athletes too.

But in real life ushers supposed to be one time Vegas residency was so successful that he did it 3 more times. He even upped the residency again this year.
People take Twitter seriously though. That’s the problem.. We are literally running out of acts to put up there on the Super Bowl stage either because people think they suck, they don’t have enough hits, they aren’t Beyoncé, or they got cancelled. I’d love a list of black artists from the 2000’s on up that people think could do a halftime show. There are tons of older artists that can still easily do it.. People are out here killing Rihanna over her performance and she’s one of the top acts.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
And this my friends is why R and B is dead. Cant win with the machine. Regardless of how much you sing about a love of your life on a soulful track, cacs will not vibe with it and throw it in the bushes regardless of how much the shyt sells.

Confessions was like the modern day Thriller, but folks still look at "My Way" as the opus of Usher's career.

When producers, entertainers, and the fans allow the suits to dictate what actually hits, instead of what's thriving realistically.

We will continue to have THOT songs, dudes hitting autotune about opps, and other bullshyt I refuse to call R and B.
R&B didn’t die
nikkas not supporting the black artist that are out there because nikkas only want the 90s/2000 music
Joyce Rice
Jon Vinyl
Flywr Child
Sebastian Mikael
Syd/The Internet
Steve Lacy
Alex Isley
India Shawn
Kadeem Tyrell
Eric Roberson
HER
Anderson Paak
Terrace Martin infusing Jazz/Acid Jazz with melodic singers
Ledisi
Will Downing
Emmavie
Leon Bridges(mixing guitar, rock and r&b)
And I can go on and on
Even nonblacks like
Sinead Hartnett
Mac Ayers
Marie Dahlstrom
Moonchild
May not be getting the machine push
But good music is out here
But nikkas don’t want to give it a chance and that’s what is sickening to me
I’ve personally listed dozens of R&B artist
Every time a post like this comes up and it’s met with resistance
For a forum that one of its pillars is music
nikkas sure love to complain just cuz
That Robert Glasper thread showed the exact attitude of old nikka ear syndrome
The music is out there
But instead of giving it a chance
Post like this and sneak dissing occur towards the new generation without even giving them a chance or digging around to see it’s some talented muthafukkas out here
Old muthafukkaswe stay shytting on the kids trying to push new music and boundaries forward
And they say “fukk It”
Let me go do something else
That’s why so many young black artists try to distant themselves from R&B music
Even though they were terrible albums
Beyoncé and Drake tried to do what Kaytranada does effortlessly
But nikkas will shyt on him because his sexual orientation
I’ve come to realize posters/other social media
Are just stuck in sonic purgatory
It’s only a select view on here that actually appreciate the youngins

Last edited:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Apples & oranges.

No comparisons. Usher was an unknown kid then while Beyoncé was starting a solo career after leaving a very successful group with numerous hits & platinum albums.

Oh, I remember Beyoncé’s first solo song that flopped terribly - it’s called “Work it out”. She was dancing almost butt naked but the shyt still went plastic while Kelly Rowland had a no1 song with “Dilemma”. :russ:

I’m sure that’s why she got with Jay & they both used that Jewish influence to push her while getting all her contemporaries out of the paint.

Usher was on another level. They tried to prop up Justin Timberlake & Usher nuked him & finished him off with napalm. Even Beyoncé knows Usher was on another level.

Stop disrespecting Usher - I might lose my damn mind. He’s the GOAT!

Let's not act like that was a solo Kelly Rowland song. She was on a track with Nelly who was on FIRE at the time.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This is the same crowd that crowns Beyonce over Michael Jackson, delusional children of the internet who have lost track of the world from within their echo chambers
I met one this weekend. I'm only agreeing with her till I GTD then I'm :camby:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Usher has a diamond album. I don’t care what these Twitter idiots have to say. Even before Confessions, Usher had a slew of number 1s on the Hot100.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
This alone>>>>

And I really hate nikkas sneak dissing R&B
Then get mad when nonblacks take off on our ass off the music we built:gucci:
Then you wonder why nikkas run to that pop shyt
Then complain when said nikka experiments
You can’t have it both ways
Just stupid :martin: