Someone on Twitter said Usher don’t have enough hits to do a superbowl halftime performance

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you went by the standard that is set for black artist in that they would need crossover hits to be performing at the SB, then yea I agree, I don't think Usher has it.

Let's keep it a bean, performing "Nice N Slow", "Burn", You Make Me Wanna", "Confessions" at the SUPER BOWL would be a snooze.
Well said

Rihanna just closed on diamonds, Katy Perry did firework, Bruno did just the way you are, maroon 5 did she will be loved, weekend did earned it, beyonce did halo, Coldplay did fix you and up&up…incorporating or closing on a big ballad is par for the course. He has plenty of mid and uptempo hits and ending in Burn would be epic. That’s an ultimate sing out loud, phone flashlight in the air song.

SB set lists avg 7-9 songs:

Open with a few bars of confessions (#1 on billboard) (everyone knows the iconic opening to the confessions beat)
Make me wanna (#2)
Yeah (#1)
OMG (#1)
Scream (#9)
You dont have to call (#3)
Caught up (#8)
DJ got us falling in love (#4)
Love in this club (#1)
End with Burn (#1) or Without You (#4) (this is probably the better song to end on)

That’s a set

Leaves the following on the table
my way (#2) - go straight to the rap & dance breakdown
my boo (#1) - Alicia keys is very popular with mainstream America, this song can definitely be done
u remind me (#1) which also had great choreography

Breh can do a set of all top 5’s, top 10 if you want it to be 90% uptempo, and you talking about not enough crossovers

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This sounds like it was on purpose.

Like it was specifically generated to get people up in arms, to get Usher and Super Bowl trending, so that he gets the gig inside the next 3 years.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
He already did the super bowl and killed it

I like these type of performances rather than the Rihanna one with 100 useless people dancing all over the field. Keep it simple and put all the focus on the artist. Rihanna has plenty of hits but I think Usher has more and would definitely put on a great performance if given the opportunity.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
They are right and I’m a big usher fan

Usher has hits but not hits for a superbowl

You can’t play you remind me or my boo or you got it bad at a superbowl anymore

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
2 things
1 What a dumb ass take.:snoop:
2 Some posters in here thinking Usher just only got R&B hits. :russ:
You got to be either young or :mjpls:to even think that shyt.:deadrose:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Surprise. More bullying on Twitter because someone dared to not have a popular opinion :beli:
It’s an objectively bad take. You need to fill 13-15 mins, 7-9 songs…usher has that
They are right and I’m a big usher fan

Usher has hits but not hits for a superbowl

You can’t play you remind me or my boo or you got it bad at a superbowl anymore
These definitely are Super Bowl songs

SB set lists avg 7-9 songs:

Open with a few bars of confessions (#1 on billboard) (everyone knows the iconic opening to the confessions beat)
Make me wanna (#2)
Yeah (#1)
OMG (#1)
Scream (#9)
You dont have to call (#3)
Caught up (#8)
DJ got us falling in love (#4)
Love in this club (#1)
End with Burn (#1) or Without You (#4) (this is probably the better song to end on)

That’s a set

Some of y’all need to revisit the set lists from the past decade and stop acting like everything was 120 BPM

Last edited: