Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Some tweets from mini camp brehs :whew: Looks like D-line will be a much better in the 4-3 or maybe our o-line is that bad :lupe:

@KavnerDC: Parnell and McCray still out, working on sideline with resistance cords.

@KavnerDC: Will Allen is back on the field

@toddarcher: No sign of Mo Claiborne at minicamp practice. Unsure why. Also no Anthony Spencer (knee), Alex Albright

@calexmendez: Randle wworking on the side. Hand still wrapped, but carrying the football in drills.

@BryanBroaddus: Garrett really coaching these WR and QB of where the ball needs to be placed when attacking a single safety. Has to be to the outside.

@KavnerDC: Livings also not out on the field, but Bernadeau is

@KavnerDC: Doesn't look like Bernadeau participating fully though. Arkin and Leary out there with the first team at guard

@BryanBroaddus: Working no huddle and Orton has been awful. Missed two throws to his right to Bryant then Harris that he has to make.

@calexmendez: 11 on 11. Arkin and Leary continue to work in place of Bern and Livings.

@toddarcher: Jay Ratliff taking a lot of team reps. Didnt do much of that during OTAs. Will Allen, Matt Johnson sharing S duties next to Barry Church

@clarencehilljr: Alex Albright is out with an ankle injury

@nickeatman: BW Webb getting first team nickel work with Claiborne not practicing

@calexmendez: Wilber putting both hands on the ground at right d-end.

@Calvinwatkins: These QBs are garbage at Cowboys minicamp.

@Calvinwatkins: Kyle Orton just threw a pass behind Dez Bryant. SMH

@clarencehilljr: Quarterbacks are struggling right now. All of them. Miss romo yet?

@toddarcher: Dwayne Harris rolled up on run play. Looks like right ankle. Practice continues

@clarencehilljr: Dwayne harris just went down with leg injury. Let out a scream. Not good.

@clarencehilljr: Harris being helped off

@calexmendez: Up and walking off the fiels with help.now testing it.

@clarencehilljr: Now is trying to walk it off. Walking better

@clarencehilljr: Claiborne out with a bad migraine

@clarencehilljr: DBS getting practice catching passes from jugs machine after practice. Another way to help create turnovers.

@BryanBroaddus: Spencer missed practice with a sore knee. Nothing major been told.

@KavnerDC: Spencer was out with a bone bruise on his left knee

@clarencehilljr: Garrett now acknowledges that Callahan will call plays. Finally

@nickeatman: Dwayne Harris says right ankle injury felt bad initially but he expects to be back tomorrow

@BryanBroaddus: Garrett has said that Bill Callahan will be the play caller. Garrett said that he takes responsibility for how the message was not presented

@clarencehilljr: Garrett said decision was made in January

@BryanBroaddus: Garrett said this was a collective decision between himself and the front office on the play caller. Been made months ago.

@Calvinwatkins: Tony Romo said he's been throwing passes for a while and he's feeling good. He participates in the walkthroughs.

odd Archer ‏@toddarcher 3m
Garrett sets up last two reps of 1v1 work: Sean Lee vs Lance Dunbar and Lee wins. Dez Bryant vs Claiborne and Dez scores

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 4m
Murray can't get inside of Lee who doesn't bite on the outside move. Dez catches a contested ball on Carr. Lee holds Dunbar and gets called.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 8m
Nice start to Mo's day vs Dez in the red zone. Managed to work his hand inside and knock the ball away at high point. Dez circus catch 2x

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 27m
Offensive line has gashed the defensive line on two zone plays to the right. Free and Arkin on that side. Come back with toss sweep to left

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 28s
Mo getting an education from Dez. Slants, sidelines, fades. Covered, not covered, catching all. Even got a DPI.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 4m
Not a good moment for david Arkin who got knocked back into Murray by Ben bass on a goal line run. Arkin knocked down Murray.

odd Archer ‏@toddarcher 3m
Ben Bass is having a great day. Nobody can block him

Last edited by a moderator:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Every year I say...I am done with these dudes they let me down again :upsetfavre:

Every year around this time I start tuning into the fan... :upsetfavre:

And every year that the preseason starts...i know that i cannot wait for the fukkery...good or bad...:blessed:

Can't wait for...

Garret to call a play and Romo and Callahan to be like :childplease::mjpls:

For Callahan to call a play and Romo be like :childplease::patrice:

Romo to throw a 50 yard pick 6 when it should have been a draw out the shotgun leaving all three of them looking at each other like :mjpls:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Leary showing out. If we could only find a way to get rid of bernie or livings. :noah:

Some thoughts and observations from the final the Cowboys mini-camp practice.

The more I watch Ronald Leary play, the more I believe there is going to be a battle at that left guard spot for the position. There is no question of the ability of Leary to play with power and that is something you can tell without pads when he pass a twist stunt and knocks Kyle Wilber to the ground with a punch or he takes Jason Hatcher and stones him in his tracks on the rush. Leary looks like a completely different player than the one we saw last season. He looks more confident in what he has to accomplish assignment wise and to be quite honest if you talk to scouts around the league like I do the biggest questions about his play were the issues with the knee which appears to be giving him no problems because I have not seen him a day to rest it like with what we have seen with Nate Livings and how sharp he was mentally to pick up the offense. In my study of his work this Spring, I was seeing less and less of the adjustment problems to his assignments and carrying them out which really was his downfall during camp in 2012. The zone scheme appears to be a nice fit for a player that was a left tackle at Memphis. He is making quality reach and cut off blocks while also getting to the second level. In some of the short yardage plays, Bill Callahan has called his number on pulling plays to the right and Leary appears to have a feel for how to search his man and make contact. Not all of Leary’s work has been perfect and along with Kevin Kowalski has given some nice reps at the guard spots while Livings and Bernadeau rest injuries before training camp. If Livings continues to have problems with that knee, Ronald Leary has put some good practices together working with Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith that makes me believe that he will get even more opportunities in Oxnard to try and win this job. It’s not physical with him but the mental side that we need to pay attention to.

Over the last several weeks, there was something that I always heard from the field when the tight ends were working with the quarterbacks and receivers and that was Jason Garrett urging Gavin Escobar to play faster. In this offense is about getting to your spot as quickly as possible or running your route to clear so that receivers might have the opportunity to operate in clean space. If you watch Escobar on tape from San Diego State, he wasn’t always the most fleet afoot but on this final day, Escobar had one of his best practices because he was playing much quicker. His routes up the field or over the middle were run with some pace to them. It was like Escobar wasn’t having to think what he was trying to do but just being what us scouts like to call a “Football Player”. Escobar was a much smoother player today and not the one that I had seen have some lumbering qualities to his game. He was mentally sharp in the blitz period where he quickly recognized that Justin Durant was coming off the corner and adjusted his route to receive the ball “Hot” from Orton. In the “Play It Out” period, he ran a beautiful route up the field releasing to the outside, then broke inside to take the ball sliding along the end line from Nick Stephens for a touchdown. Later he was able to secure another touchdown by making a contested catch with Justin Durant on his back trying to keep him out of the end zone. For Escobar the question will never be about his hands and his ability to catch in them but learning how to play the game quicker both in his routes and in his blocking. Today was a step in the right direction by all accounts.

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Sohh for my Brothers B-day I bought both of them tickets to the spurs game. shyt cost me $400 :whoo: Look who they met after the game

cqkcJ2A.jpg

:shaq2: @ me not going

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sohh for my Brothers B-day I bought both of them tickets to the spurs game. shyt cost me $400 :whoo: Look who they met after the game

cqkcJ2A.jpg

:shaq2: @ me not going

That L breh :wow:

Props for being a great brother tho :obama:

So we gon be better than 8-8 this year brehs? :beli:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Just be prepared to lose 3 or 4 of our preseason games, brehs.

Still really don't understand why the fukk we drafted a 3rd string TE with our mother fukking 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK :beli::beli::beli::beli: