Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Turnovers and no pressure in the middle. Spencer and Ratliff needs to be back. The fumbles can be fixed. But they are inexcuseable. Especially the Dunbar one. But back away from the ledge. The sky is not falling.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
sat here watching this game at all these damn fumbles :damn:

romo and dez look good though together

looking forward too that lee and carter duo :whew:

and all these damn injuries we got though :smh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Tanney looks good brehs. I'm almost ready to throw Orton in the bushes.

Dez Romo and Miles all looked good. The pass protection was solid. Didn't give up any td's.. And we still waiting on spencer and Ratliff. If we can just stay healthy that's all I care about.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
This nikka Dez bryant gonna be a problem for the whole division this year
mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lee's New Six-Year Extension Potentially Worth $51 Million( 16 mill guaranteed)

IRVING, Texas
Sean Lee has been a lock at inside linebacker for three years with the Cowboys. On Wednesday evening, the team locked him up through the 2019 season.

The Cowboys inked Lee, who is set to begin his fourth NFL campaign next month, to a six-year contract extension worth roughly $42 million, but could escalate as high as $51 million depending on play-time incentives.

Lee reportedly will get more than $16 million guaranteed over the life of the contract.

“I’m extremely excited. I’m blessed to be drafted by a great franchise like this,” Lee said Wednesday evening. “To have an opportunity to be here for a long time, hopefully we can compete for Super Bowls, it’s fantastic. I’m blessed to be here. I’m very grateful to the Joneses and the opportunity they’ve given me.”

Lee had one year remaining on the original four-year contract he signed as the No. 55 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. In three seasons, he has started 21 games, including just six last year when toe surgery cut his season short.

Injuries were certainly taken into consideration in negotiating the deal, which has a few play-time incentives to protect the Cowboys in case Lee misses more time due to injury.

“Obviously I’ve had injuries and I’ve said I need to find a way to stay on this field,” Lee said. “And the contract is extremely fair. If I’m on the field the whole year, I’ll be able to get paid. But if I do have injuries, it protects the Cowboys and I think that’s fantastic, especially with the injuries I’ve dealt with in the past. Hopefully I’ll find a way to be on the field every single year. That’s my goal. So I think it’s extremely fair.”

Currently, Jets linebacker David Harris is the highest-paid inside linebacker with an average salary of $9 million per season, followed by Cleveland’s D’Qwell Jackson at $8.5 million. Pittsburgh’s Lawrence Timmons makes $8.3 million per year, while Philly’s DeMeco Ryans is making $8 million annually. San Francisco Pro Bowler Patrick Willis averages $7.6 million per season. Lee is projected as an All-Pro in 2013 by NFL.com's Elliot Harrison.

If Lee can stay relatively healthy over the course of this deal, he will average about $8.5 million.

Immediately after signing the deal, Lee walked out of the Cowboys’ scouting department and personally thanked Tom Ciskowski, the club’s director of scouting and one of the biggest advocates in drafting him.

Lee is the Cowboys’ middle linebacker and centerpiece of the 4-3 scheme under new coordinator Monte Kiffin. He said he was extremely excited to get the deal finished before the start of the season.

“Its’ great to get it done and be able to focus on this year,” Lee said. “Focus on winning and focus on me being a better football player and staying on the field and staying healthy to help this team win.”

So with a hefty new contract, Lee had some big plans for his Wednesday evening.

“I’m going to get ready for practice tomorrow.”

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i like this..only 16 guaranteed is fair like he said to see if he stays on the field