Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont like how the Cowboys are taking the rb position for granted. I wouldve liked to spend a higher pick on that positon. I like Murray, but i dont trust his health, and Dunbar is till unproven.

Thats where i wouldve like to use the Escobar pick on.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
We could have taken Floyd/Williams/Cyprien at the 18th pick, or traded down and taken Cyprien at the 31st pick.

We could have taken Frederick in the 2nd round, if not the 3rd round. The next top 3 centers went in the 4th round. :comeon: There's no arguing this point. GMs just didn't give a shyt about this year's crop of Centers, and Frederick is not substantially better than the 3 other Centers taken in the 4th round. We could have just had the 2nd Best Center in this year's draft in the 4th round, and none of you would be saying shyt about "Man, we fukked up! We should have spent our first on that Frederick dude out of Wisconsin! He looks like a perennial All-Pro!!!!" :aicmon:

For anyone still defending this draft process, please tell me how you think Travis Frederick is worth a 1st round selection while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th highest rank Centers were all taken in the 4th round. Please tell me how this dude merits being selected 70+ picks earlier than the next best player at his position. We're not talking about Calvin Johnson. We're not talking about Jevon Kearse. We're not talking about Patrick Peterson. We're not talking about Adrian Peterson.

Travis Frederick, y'all.:sitdown:

Edit: I think it's pretty obvious that Dallas traded down, thinking the market for DTs was calming down after Star and Richardson were drafted, and were hoping that either Floyd or Williams fell to them at 31. When Williams was picked just 3 or 4 picks before us, Jerry Jones and the war room shyt their pants. They had no other strategy. They panicked and picked the player they were most likely targeting in the 2nd round.

I wasn't sticking up for the pick per se. But I was only saying that at 31, I'd rather still draft the trenches or get a bpa in the skills position. First off, I hated the trade regardless. I think they did that once Richardson and Vacarro (especially) went off the board. I think Jerry wanted Vacarro and once he was gone, his mind was made up with the scouts and coaches be damned.

I've said for years who the real problem is. People like to look at Romo or even Garrett. Look at the person who signs the checks and hires the coaches. I've been saying since I was on goddamn cheap seats on the IC. I still don't believe Frederick would be there at 80. But yes, at 47, he would have been there. But Jerry simply has little idea of what he's doing. He has no plan at all. We still have little depth at dline. Oline could be better by the end of May but the 2nd round pick I loathe. I'm tired of drafting tight ends.

Me personally, I would have either drafted Sylvester Williams or trade back to 31 and get Cyprien. Yeah we needed another lineman especially at guard. But only cooper and Warmack were to be considered on day 1. That's me though.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I like Joseph Randle. He runs hard, which is all you need in RBs in the NFL today. You don't need guys that are the fastest or strongest, you just need guys who will continue to move forward and won't simply go down at the first arm tackle.

Murray and Randle should be a nice 1-2 punch, and Randle showed he's as durable as they come at OSU.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I dont like how the Cowboys are taking the rb position for granted. I wouldve liked to spend a higher pick on that positon. I like Murray, but i dont trust his health, and Dunbar is till unproven.

Thats where i wouldve like to use the Escobar pick on.

If we drafted Williams at 18 and Bell at 47, we would all be pleased right now. Frederick and Escobar alone brings this draft down to a C by themselves. They went off their board. That is as bad as drafting needs. Anybody that remembers the mid 90s and late 90s drafts knows what I'm talking about when drafting needs. And who was in charge of those drafts again????? I do like randle though. Lit Texas up last year although that wasn't hard to do.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn, they sayin Williams takin the spot from Harris who i thought really was getting better towards the end of the season. He showed some explosiveness in the receiving game in the NO and Pits game. Cant wait for trainign camp and preseason.

That's that Jerry Jones stuff right there. Proclaiming players starters before they touch the field. Harris started to come along last season

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's that Jerry Jones stuff right there. Proclaiming players starters before they touch the field. Harris started to come along last season

Yeah, make em play for it. We havent been tot the playoffs in three year. Nothin should band handed to anyone. Including contracts

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Im not as down as a lot are after the draft because we there are still some free agents that can help us. We definately needed a 3rd receiver. Even though harris made plays, garrett would still put ogletree bumass out there which says a lot of what they think of harris. Plus miles is injury prone and who do we have to play on the outside if/when he misses more time. If we week 1 our o line consists of: tyron-costa-frederick-moore-clabo, ill like our chances. We also are underestimating how marinelli can help our DL.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I think the Tight End pick could end up working, but it's still bizarre to me that we've drafted three different Tight Ends in the 2nd round in the past 7 years. I mean Fasano and Bennett both turned out to be solid players, but neither of em did shyt for us really, and that worries me about taking another TE high.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Some interesting notes from the Jerry Jones season ticket holder conference call :ohhh:
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 22m

Jerry Jones: Getting Travis Frederick, a player we needed, and also a WR like Terrance Williams "makes that a very successful trade for us."

Jerry Jones on not being interested in Tim Tebow: "We wish Tim all the luck and all the best in the world, but we're going forward there."

Jerry Jones: "Drafting Frederick was a big thing for us. Uniquely for us, the center of the line is so important."

Jerry Jones: Jay Ratliff "will flourish in this defensive scheme." He's "gonna have an outstanding year."

Jerry Jones: "The defense should be the strength of our team." #Cowboys

Jerry Jones: Moving to a 4-3 defense will help us "better utilize" Jay Ratliff. Opposing teams "will have to leave somebody singled-up."
Jerry Jones: "I think [DeMarcus] Ware's gonna have a much better chance for stats than he's had in the past in the 3-4."

Jerry Jones on Tyron, Free and Parnell: "They put us in great shape at our tackles. That's why we focused on the interior of our o-line."

Jerry Jones: "I don't know when I've ever seen a player impress our staff without having played in a ball game any more than Matt Johnson."

Jerry Jones: "This draft was to get these players on the field right now. Romo got the $ b/c of right now. We're interested in right now."

Jerry Jones: "These last two years with a healthy Tony Romo ... are arguably the most frustrating years that I've ever had."

Jerry Jones: "Certainly... We have a way here that Doug [Free] could flourish and it has to do with [Jermey] Parnell being here as well."

Jerry Jones on Anthony Spencer: "We'd like to have him under a long-term agreement. He knows that."

Jerry Jones on Johnny Manziel: "Gosh, do I enjoy watching him and I'm enjoying our Heisman Trophy winner."

Did the Cowboys underestimate the Seattle Seahawks in a Week 2 loss last season? Jerry Jones: "I think maybe we did."
Jerry Jones on Joseph Randle: "His appeal to us was that we didn't lose anything, we had a very similar back [to DeMarco Murray]."

Jerry Jones: "As we sit here today, I feel very good about where we are at running back. I didn't feel that good before the draft."

Jerry: Dez Bryant's "going to do the kinds of things off the field as a citizen, as a player that will keep him in the league a long time."

Jerry Jones: Monte Kiffin's 4-3 defense "will allow younger guys to play earlier."
^^^ aka more simple than that Rob Ryan BS :pacspit:

Jerry also said that we will play a lot of 2-3 TE sets like we did in the Ravens game. He said it allowed us to run the ball down there throats because they didn't know if they should defend the run or the pass. If anyone has a link to the highlights of that game Id like to see it.

It seems like they really like Matt Johnson and Pernell brehs :ohhh:
I loved what I saw from Pernell last year though so if Free takes a pay cut or we just cut him I wouldnt mind at all...

After reading those quotes on Johnson I found this clip on youtube. This dude might be perfect for Kiffins system :whoo:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMnQ0T3JjM[/ame]

We better kick some ass this year man. Lets get it!!!!

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Brehs, lets face it. We are either stuck with Free (which I doubt) at RT or Pernell will start at RT next year (I expect this). We need to give up on the idea of Winston or Clabo (who was signed yesterday). I like Pernell, so Im fine with that. My main concern is who will play at both guard spots. I pray Leary and Arkin can win the job or maybe even Livings... Im so concerned about this shyt brehs :lupe:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Matt Johnson's youtube highlights are :whew:.

We're going to have some goons back there brehs. Not worried about the secondary at all.

Nah. The safeties are going to have to show me before I'm set on them. I think Clai will have a better year and Carr will be good as well. But the safety position has been a problem for Dallas since Woodson left.