So why are you black and not living in Atlanta?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I lived there from 06-14 it was fun, but i couldn’t do it no more for real honestly, it’s a fun city to be young and black in but, after a while shyt gets stale, I’m good

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I didn't gloss over your point. You missed mine. I said Atlanta is a competitive city. The folks that don't like it often times just can't compete and you just described a scenario of folks who cant compete. Nice houses are cheap as hell in Atlanta. Don't move to Atlanta if you gotta live with 5 roomates, don't have a plan, or no education. You would end up being a bum in New York or LA if you did that too. Don't blame the city cause you lack what it takes to take advantage of it. Lotta folks move to Atlanta thinking they popping cause they were the man in whatever dusty town they came from only to realize they are not as hot as they thought they were when they face competition. That realization forces people to either run back to their less competitive city or motivates them to step their game up.

Atl is definitely oozing with money and opportunities. You have to be qualified or motivated to get it though. If you are a young black motivated professional it's definitely the place to be. You will go farther than you ever will in Charlotte hands down. If you want to be ordinary and live an average life there is nothing wrong with that either and like you said.. you could do that anywhere also.. But what does that got to do with all the opportunities and money available for those who are motivated to get at them? People choosing to do nothing with their lives has nothing to do with the city and opportunities available.
Man y’all need to get down here to Charlotte and see how they living lol. All these damn lambos and Ferrari’s on the road, million dollar or close to it homes being built and sold. People are getting it here too. Man if you’re blessed enough to get one of them bank jobs or something then you’re definitely in there. Charlotte is on the come up, people are sleeping. All is seen as this major place to be for black folks on,y because of the illusion it gives off. People think they’re going to move there and be some type of entertainer and shyt. I’m not mad at that shyt but that’s what happens there.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
This...

shyt is overcrowded and full of transplants as it is.

Thinking about dipping on this bytch and going to Carolina, Augusta, South Florida, or Louisiana
Augusta? Augusta Ga? I’m from there and will always have a love for my hometown but that city is shyt. Don’t do it lol.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Don't know any actual names since I'm not from there, but I do have fam in Concord & Gastonia.
Try the University area or Mallard Creek. There’s a lot of black folks over there. It’s right outside the city of Charlotte and not quite as expensive. I live in Concord and can get to Uptown Charlotte in about 20 minutes. I wouldn’t recommend Gastonia at all though.. that place is evil:huhldup:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
All these lames speaking on Atlanta don't know what the fukk they talking about:

1. Every time I've been to Atlanta I've personally never run into any gay people. All the people in this thread saying that either exposing themselves or never been to Atlanta.

2. Atlanta has bad black bytches that shyt on most cities black bytches. And the black women in Atlanta (despite Cali weirdos trying to turn them out) are feminine still.

3. More opportunities and prosperity among blacks

4. A majority black environment. Anyone who doesn't like that is a c00n.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
All these lames speaking on Atlanta don't know what the fukk they talking about:

1. Every time I've been to Atlanta I've personally never run into any gay people. All the people in this thread saying that either exposing themselves or never been to Atlanta.

2. Atlanta has bad black bytches that shyt on most cities black bytches. And the black women in Atlanta (despite Cali weirdos trying to turn them out) are feminine still.

3. More opportunities and prosperity among blacks

4. A majority black environment. Anyone who doesn't like that is a c00n.
Breh, i cosign everything you said... except #1.

Unless you are clueless, delusional or in total denial you would know that gays and lesbians are a major presence in this city. If you spend any time near downtown and the north side you'd know this. Hell one of the biggest events that happen in Atlanta is "Black gay-pride" weekend during which black gays from all over the east coast (VA, SC, TN, MD, etc) come down to Atlanta to celebrate.

So on top of the already huge "gay pride-weekend" events that usually happens here, just a few months later you have a separate "BLACK gay-pride weekend".
Google it :yeshrug:

Last edited:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lived in Atlanta and would move back but tech field is calling me to stay in TX.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Unless you are clueless, delusional or in total denial you would know that gays and lesbians are a major presence in this city. If you spend any time near downtown and the north side you'd know this. Hell one of the biggest events that happen in Atlanta is "Black gay-pride" weekend during which black gays from all over the east coast (VA, SC, TN, MD, etc) come down to Atlanta to celebrate.

So on top of the already huge "gay pride-weekend" events that usually happens here, just a few months later you have a separate "BLACK gay-pride weekend".
Google it :yeshrug:

I stand by what I said. I never run into any weirdos, and the ones that are in Atlanta migrated from other cities. Atlanta nikkas are real nikkas, always has been.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I stand by what I said. I never run into any weirdos, and the ones that are in Atlanta migrated from other cities. Atlanta nikkas are real nikkas, always has been.
I'm not arguing who's a "real n!gga" and who's not, puppy. I'm not arguing who is from where either. Just saying the gay there is a significant if not HEAVY gay presence in Atlanta. If you dont believe so then you dont know thsy city as well as you think. Wherever they came from the bottom line is they are HERE.

Again just google "atlanta lgbt community" or Atlanta gay community". I could make the argument that at least a 1/3rd of Atlanta's women are either lesbians or at least bisexual. You walk around buckhead, midtown and downtown Decatur and they are all over the place. Hell some would say they OWN midtown atlanta and anywhere near Piedmont park. Ever driven thought the Piedmont park area bt the Flying Biscuit?
†he LGBT flag is PAINTED across the street, G :mjlol:
newsEngin.18367037_pride-intersection-crop.jpg

screen_shot_2017-06-14_at_33953_pm.png__1500x670_q85_crop_subsampling-2.png

I guarantee you, you will not find a single restaurant in that area that does not have a huge LGBT flag atop of it. :skip:

But if you wanna stay in denial and tell yourself little lies to be comfortable, be my guess:sas2:

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I'm not arguing who's a "real n!gga" and who's not, puppy. I'm not arguing who is from where either. Just saying the gay there is a significant if not HEAVY gay presence in Atlanta. If you dont believe so then you dont know thsy city as well as you think. Wherever they came from the bottom line is they are HERE.
Again just google "atlanta lgbt community" or Atlanta gay community". I could make the argument that at least a 1/3rd of Atlanta's women are either lesbians or at least bisexual. You walk around buckhead, midtown and downtown Decatur and they are all over the place. Hell some would say they OWN midtown atlanta and anywhere near Piedmont park. Ever driven thought the Piedmont park area?
†he LGBT flag is PAINTED across the street, G :skip:

My point is, people make Atlanta out to be Cali when it isn't. If you aren't looking for it in Atlanta you won't find it. I'm not concerned with the gay transplants who moved to Atlanta. Real Atlanta nikkas aren't weirdos so stop trying to fukk Atlanta reputation up with bullshyt.