So why are you black and not living in Atlanta?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Nigerianwonder where should I move eventually? I am 31 years old and live in Americus, GA and work in a restaurant as a busser. I live with my 61 year old mother, have a two year degree in Business Management. Should I just stay in Americus, GA unless I have plans that can make me achieve great success???

Get your Bachelors degree then worry about moving. You can then get an entry level gig pretty easy.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
With all of the beautiful black women in LA why would you ever need to c00n:snoop:

You need to hang around roscoe off le brea...:sas1: then you'll see I'm talking about
Don't they have a strong :mjpls: presence there so a breh has no choice but to pawg/paag?? :jbhmm:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I agree miami is terrible bit the col is the problem. You can't even find a decent rental for under 900 vacation pretty much turn a spare bedroom into a efficiency with no stove and charge 750 for it and you can't even cook. It's impossible to live here if you're on a budget.

If you don't have a good career you're pretty done in South Florida.
To be honest. It was the things I stated was the real reason. You are spot on about the COL. It didn't effect me because I bought my condo when everything plummeted. My mortgage for a 2 room 2 bath was $920 including HOA fees. It was only 3 years old when I bought it. And I was in a nice neighborhood.

No way in hell would you get that in Miami now. You pay 900 you in the borderline hood. You got to pay at least 1200 a month for a one bedroom in a decent area.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What planet are you living on. Who said that only the men were gay there. :mjlol:

And stop with that ratio crap. Yeah the women that are not gay, the majority are fat.
Are you saying that there are not a plethora of straight, attractive women in Atlanta? We must be in two different Atlantas.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Are you saying that there are not a plethora of straight, attractive women in Atlanta? We must be in two different Atlantas.
No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying what everyone else said who lived there and bounced. It's exaggerated and over rated. I haven't been there in 10 years and it's amazing people are saying the same thing.

Coming from Miami the women do not look better at all. It's not even close.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
No I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying what everyone else said who lived there and bounced. It's exaggerated and over rated. I haven't been there in 10 years and it's amazing people are saying the same thing.

Coming from Miami the women do not look better at all. It's not even close.
I was only addressing the "it's too many gay dudes" comments. Don't know why that matters to dudes looking for chicks. As far as being overrated, you could be right about that.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Is DC/DMV that nice?

My boy from here in ATL said he went during the last Million Man March and he loved it. He pretty much said all the good shyt you guys are saying about the women, black professionals, and etc. he liked it a lot.

I hear it's expensive and congested though. Any better or worse than ATL as far as traffic, COL, crime, and etc?

My buddy keeps baiting me to come back to Northern Virginia. He works for the government and is in technology. Tells me about the job security which is totally true. You have a job for life.

I really like Northern Virginia / DC area but the cost of living would kill me. Making six figures in Texas is not the same as in NOVA.

Most black people that work in DC live in PG. Maybe silver spring too and nova.
Houses in PG be around 300,000 400000. Which is decent fr fr.

As far as 6 figures there are alot of job opportunities to make them. I'm not sure the amount of six figure jobs in atl are the same though. Probability wise def DC/NOVA has a shyt load of them.

I know nikkas getting 6 figure jobs and they don't even come from an IT background. Lots of contractors that hire and don't do skill assessment test. Lol that's how I got my gig.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Most black people that work in DC live in PG. Maybe silver spring too and nova.
Houses in PG be around 300,000 400000. Which is decent fr fr.

As far as 6 figures there are alot of job opportunities to make them. I'm not sure the amount of six figure jobs in atl are the same though. Probability wise def DC/NOVA has a shyt load of them.

I know nikkas getting 6 figure jobs and they don't even come from an IT background. Lots of contractors that hire and don't do skill assessment test. Lol that's how I got my gig.
Well I'm only trying to do military contracting. I used to work with General Dynamics while in the military. We had civilians and military doing IT at my command and civilians pretty much taught me everything. My command was in DC but I was stationed overseas.. I'm trying to get back on with them overseas not really to move to DC. But i will if I need to

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that's here too techsquare labs black accelerator, hj Russell innovation center, has only tech accelaerator exclusively for black women, only black owned engineer focused accelerator, black owned coworking space, black owned private clubs that invest in black startups, platform the largest conference for black vcs and entrepreneurs is in Atlanta

Atlanta=black Silicon Valley

I move to the ATL the end of next month or early July.

Going to live with an uncle.

Ill finally get to see for myself what the hype is :wow:

Don't know if you will agree with my theory or not but am i right to say that most of the people in this old thread and the other shyt on Atlanta threads are shytting on it because of their surroundings? What i mean is the expression is "You are the company you keep..." meaning the things these guys are complaining about is because they are in those type of environments. Like if you are always in the clubs then obviously you are gonna only experience bad aspects.

The things you mentioned above are the more professional aspects.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LA girls (black girls) are the approachable girls I've ever met.

Because they are fiending to get love from Brothers because most of the ones in LA are c00ning and dating and marrying every race of women, except for Black women themselves. This is the capital of interracial couples next to NYC. And then the other dudes are gangbangers :mjlol: