So why are you black and not living in Atlanta?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Either you are slow in the head (highly possible) or weren't old enough to see how it was in 2004. Plenty people were flocking to ATL due to the whole housing boom at that time dumb ass.

:mjlol: Where are you originally from my nikka?

Let me guess...Cali? :mjlol:

He/she came down to Toronto for caribana. I chatted to the he/she at a club. I usually am good at spotting them because Toronto has enough of them being transplanted but y’all atliens have a whole another level of sorcery when it comes to this shyt bruh. bytch was like that Sidney Starr chick you wouldn’t know it unless she told you or bussed it open and you found a rock.

Bet that she wasn't born and raised in Atlanta though. Real nikkas ain't trippin off them Cali transplants. They need to find somewhere else to move to.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
What do you think of Mayor Bottoms, the sister that just got elected down there? And how is it going with her? Or do you live in another city now and just lived there in the past

but in general what other advice can you tell me about the city to be ready for when i go down?
I love me some miss Lance-Bottoms. Lovely, energetic little honey :wub:

Met her at this restaurant called "Baltimore Crabs" in SW Atlanta on run-off election night. She was walking thought encouraging people to go vote. My address says "Atlanta" but my house is technically in "unincorporated Dekalb" so neither me nor my friend i was dining with could vote for her. (my friend lives in Hartford but owns a condo in ATL but not a GA resident). We just shook her hand and congratulated here and went back to our table.

Politically i think she's off to a bit of a rough start but not due to anything that's really her fault. Think the airport power failure was after she was elected and also the hacking of the City of Atlanta's system are the major issues i'm aware of. My friend/ex works as IT support for the city. It was bad. But i dont think those will impact her politically. She just has her hands full for now. I'd trust @The ADD to know more about Atlanta politics than I ever will
i know they say to go down when you have things in order but long story short i have no choice but to go down now. I wanna focus on getting my A+ cert and keep racking up other certs until i get the $100,000 mark/

But i also want to train in HVACR and be skilled at that and become an independent contractor for that. So both basically
I studied Engineering but i dont have any certs. In terms of salary due to my degree and experience i'm right at the doorstep of $100K but not there yet (over 90). There are many jobs. I dont know what A+ cert qualifies you to do. I'm a Linux/Unix engineer now. I wanna get an RHCE cert and go into DevOps since that's in high demand these days. Automation is the key to the future

Last edited:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Gay people are everywhere. I'm not saying Atlanta is the gayest city in the word. I moved to Atlants from Miami Beach, for Chris's sake so it's not like i'd never seen gay people before. :mindblown:
But dont get it twisted the gay community here has a lot of power/influence.

Now, does that mean i dislike ATL? Hell no. I love Atlanta and even bought a home here. When you say ATLanta has too many gays most people typically talking about the black community as i see it more here among blacks than other places. But YES i kniw NY, SanFrancisco, LA, etc have far more gays and influencial gays than atlanta ever will. But if you read my previous posts about their influence here and how it attracts so many gays form out of town during pride week you cant deny the claim either.

P.S. I work in the 2nd building immediately to the left of the Twin Peaks in Buckhead. Yeah there's some serious "talent" in there when it comes to the women. :shaq:
I'm from Miami too. But I think the gay thing is worse in ATL. And like I said earlier the whole city ain't gay. But the influence is strong.

But I didn't like ATL because of the whole bible belt feeling and lack of diversity. I was only there a year for work and haven't been back since. I saw enough to not make it my home.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Oh so THAT'S your point :bryan:

Breh i understand that me being Caribbean which is a culture that is very homophobic where they harass and traumatize gays, i'm bound to notice certain things more easily than the average breh. But it's hard for me not to notice the main interdsection by the entrance of the city's boggest park is painted like so

newsEngin.18367037_pride-intersection-crop.jpg

screen_shot_2017-06-14_at_33953_pm.png__1500x670_q85_crop_subsampling-2.png

Transplants are everywhere breh. Everyone is either from somewhere else or their family may have been from somewhere else. But it they are in Atlanta, pay taxes in Atlanta, vote in Atlanta this gives them enough political power and influence to pull shyt like the above picture signaling their fellow gays worldwide that "hey we own this piece right here. It's okay to come through" . With that accomplished they and generations after them will continue to migrate here and be a major voice in the city

You wanna see how much clout the gay community has in Atlanta? Go to the Atlanta main library downtown and go to the 5th floor and sit there for an hour and tell me what you notice. Just about all the employees on that floor are gay and all expositions/displays are all about gay-pride shyt. At least it was when i used to go there to study in college. (5th floor is quiet floor). I havent been there in almost 8 years so it could have changed but i doubt it.
So keep worrying about "real n!ggas" holding it down. VOTES=POWER and then these gays start yapping and flexing their political muscle the pandering ass politicians listen and give them what they want.
But keep lying to yourself, puppy. :smugdraper:

I'm glad you posted these pictures, people think that all the "ATL gay as hell" comments are jokes, but there is a real prominent gay community there

they're everywhere, and most of them are indeed transplants though - gays from all over the world want to be in a place where they can be themselves and have careers, friends etc etc...

if you plan on moving to ATL, just know that this is just a reality of that city :francis:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad you posted these pictures, people think that all the "ATL gay as hell" comments are jokes, but there is a real prominent gay community there

they're everywhere, and most of them are indeed transplants though - gays from all over the world want to be in a place where they can be themselves and have careers, friends etc etc...

if you plan on moving to ATL, just know that this is just a reality of that city :francis:

From chocolate city to rainbow city

:mjcry:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

From chocolate city to rainbow city

:mjcry:
Cats liek @Doomsday will stay in denial I can dive down that road this evening and take vids for him if he wants. Resturant after restaurant rocking LGBT flag.
For the record I understand that Buckhead and Midtown do NOT represent all of Atlanta. :whoa:But Dont be a fool and deny their influence
But despite all the shyt i love Atlanta and cant see myself moving back to Miami for anything else aside from weather.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps

And that's all there is to it.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
I remember I was talking to this from atlanta light skinned thing. Didn't even see it coming she told me she was tranny. After that I don't care how black that place is you will not catch me in that soddom and gomorrah place.
Y’all come in threads like this saying shyt like this and expect us to take y’all seriously :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all come in threads like this saying shyt like this and expect us to take y’all seriously :mjlol:

I could care less if you take me seriously to be quite honest. I just don't feel it's neccesary for me to live in the battymon capital of America. Now visiting is another thing.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Gay people are everywhere. I'm not saying Atlanta is the gayest city in the word. I moved to Atlants from Miami Beach, for Chris's sake so it's not like i'd never seen gay people before. :mindblown:
But dont get it twisted the gay community here has a lot of power/influence.

N. But if you read my previous posts about their influence here and how it attracts so many gays form out of town during pride week you cant deny the claim either.

dude......I gives a rat's azz about all that shyt..........

why?

because every time i step into ATL as a HETEROSEXUAL WITH A CAPITILIST MINDSTATE...two things is one my mind

WOMEN I CAN FUKK...........AND MONEY I CAN GET :umad:

LAST THING ON MY MIND IS HOW "EMPOWERED" THE GAY COMMUNITY IS :camby:

i got too much shyt on my plate to be concerned with...

when i first arrived in ATL back in the late 90s..97 to be exact it always struck me as a HUSTLERS PARADISE

these people ....my black people that is :blessed: knew how to get to the money

hell i remember the old Club Kaya on peachtree road...in the early 2000's...one of the first clubs i use to frequent in the A...

and time you walked thru the door in the lounge part before you entered the dancefloor/bar area ...you had young brothers and sisters passing out bussiness cards and flyers....

it was amazing....they just didn't party in the A..they partied with a PURPOSE

and i still see that today.....which is why TRAP MUSIC best defines atl...

THESE PEOPLE STAY ON THE GRIND......

just this past weekend ..while i was thier for "leisure" i would up closing a deal for my business as well as getting put on to game in the real estate field by a cool azz ATL cat.....

im sorry im much too busy to notice the SODOMITE AZZ PIRATES.... :

for example i also attended the CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL in midtown atl this past weekend....

as we exited my brother who lives in ATL told us to check out the JAZZ FESTIVAL down in piedmont park

so i convinced my family to attend it....on the way there yes i noticed the BIG GAY FLAG INTERSECTION near the park....

so FUKKING WHAT?!?!?.........

dude i stayed in NYC......during the EARLY AND MID 90s nothing was GAYer than the Greenwich Village community in manhattan...

so it's nothing new to me...i stay in my own lane............

you making this seem like it's so much of a concern for ya...yes i do see a strong Gay demographic there in terms of economic and political strength

but the BLACK populace is just as strong and can be even more stronger if we stop WORRYING ABOUT PETTY SHYT AND FOCUS ON OUR SELVES :ufdup:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cats liek @Doomsday will stay in denial I can dive down that road this evening and take vids for him if he wants. Resturant after restaurant rocking LGBT flag.
For the record I understand that Buckhead and Midtown do NOT represent all of Atlanta. :whoa:But Dont be a fool and deny their influence
But despite all the shyt i love Atlanta and cant see myself moving back to Miami for anything else aside from weather.

Yeah breh you going overboard now. :manny: As someone with a Jamaican family and knowing your Haitian, i can say that yall Caribbeans in general are way too infatuated and obsessed with Black people who are gay.

Like :whoa: its not that serious. I don't know when the obsession will end, especially with Jamaicans and how they talk

As long as its not children or horses, can we stop caring about where people shove their penises?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Because I’m living cozy in NYC.

Atlanta doesn’t even have enough space to hold every black person in the USA. Perhaps the state of Georgia does but isn’t the state sort of hick?

Black people should be able to live comfortably all over the US. Not just one city.

Atlanta doesn’t even have beaches.