So what's the verdict on Ghostbusters? Did it flop?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The originals were meant to be a parody "plumbers" doing the dirty work of hunting ghosts when the old school meme was ghost hunters were like super heroes like Van Helsing. They weren't supposed to be pretty. But, they tried to recreate GB without understanding why they had their look and lived in a ratty old firehouse.

That's all besides the point. Most of the original ghostbusters were scientists. The women in the new Ghostbusters were scientists. In general, scientists just aren't super fine/model like. The point stands, criticizing these women for not being IG models is kinda dumb because Ghostbusters, male or female, were never meant to be about looks.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
That's all besides the point. Most of the original ghostbusters were scientists. The women in the new Ghostbusters were scientists. In general, scientists just aren't super fine/model like. The point stands, criticizing these women for not being IG models is kinda dumb because Ghostbusters, male or female, were never meant to be about looks.
I mean isn't it kinda sexist to think that the only way women should be allowed to be in a movie together is if they're attractive?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But the Ghostbuster's also weren't karate flipping around and shooting down ghosts with action movie logic either.

In fact, the original ghostbusters were actually pretty crappy with their aim and that added to their charm.

I mean, we talking about "scientists aren't supposed to be attractive" but they aren't supposed to be action heroes either.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I WANTED to see it....before they casted it as a chick flick. That shyt killed it for me. sorry :manny: but IMO they should have just kept it with 4 dudes like the original.

I might "rent" it when it comes out but I wouldn't waste my money to see it.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We live in a sexist society, those rules don't apply to men

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't movies with such a high budget expected to make more than that?
To only make a return of 34 seems kind of low to me.
They were probably expecting to make over 200 here in the states and maybe anothe 200 ww. But yeah 34 doesn't even cover the promotional budget.