So what's the verdict on Ghostbusters? Did it flop?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I saw a video featuring all of the cameos - including the OG cast, Slimer, Stay Puft, and even the Ghost featured in the logo and the beginning of the animated series - and that's all I really need to see...

It's kind of funny after all of that trouble that they went through to get Bill Murray (threatening legal litigation his way, etc.) they go and basically have a ghost murder him.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Wouldn't be surprised if that was a stipulation, IIRC, he wanted something similar in other films

Seeing Jared from Silicon Valley/Veep and Mike from Veep was one of the highlights for me

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Negs back and youre the first to get it :ahh:
To answer your question in the neg, this was supposed to be the movie of the summer so I was curious as to if it was successful.
It seemed to have the most controversy surrounding it too what with the all female cast and Leslie Jones hate.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yeah cause the original four men were so damn fine :francis:

The originals were meant to be a parody "plumbers" doing the dirty work of hunting ghosts when the old school meme was ghost hunters were like super heroes like Van Helsing. They weren't supposed to be pretty. But, they tried to recreate GB without understanding why they had their look and lived in a ratty old firehouse.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a dikk because I don't want to what an 80's movie with shytty special effects starring Adam Akroyd:dwillhuh:

If you watched Ghostbuster's, you would have loved that joke :mjcry:

You really should watch it. The special effects aren't what the movie is about. It's not an action movie or anything. The characters and their interactions with each other is the draw.

Seriously. The movie is fukking hilarious.