So what's the verdict on Ghostbusters? Did it flop?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
shyt, I'm 30 and I've never see that wackass movie

:russ:

It's not about the story for me in regards to these old movies. To me, it's cool to see how they did the special effects back then especially with movies like Oz (1939), Ten Commandments(1956) and Ben Hur (1959). That chariot scene in Ben Hur still holds up...

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
It's not about the story for me in regards to these old movies. To me, it's cool to see how they did the special effects back then especially with movies like Oz (1939), Ten Commandments(1956) and Ben Hur (1959). That chariot scene in Ben Hur still holds up...

Fair enough. But for me, if the story or the movie direction, whether its the acting or the writing doesn't interest me, then I won't bother. Like none of those movies listed interest me, so I haven't watched them. Same with Ghostbusters, never interested me back in the 80s and still doesn't now.

:yeshrug:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
This is what happens when you make a movie nobody wanted. :yeshrug:

Social justice warriors were all over the net saying how progressive this was going to be. Now the movie is doing Jay Sean numbers. :huhldup:

The irony of it all is, SJWs probably didn't even go see the movie themselves. There's nothing wrong with a movie that's female-centered and has a message of girl power, but when you're playing around with a beloved and nostalgic franchise, you can't really be surprised that this is what you're going to be met with. :manny:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Real talk, they played that shyt and fukking Leave It to Beaver in one of my classes in middle school and I fukking slept both times :russ:
I never use to sleep in class but if I could go back I would play the system like them white people do and just cheat on everything had to much integrity when I was a kid though.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
I never use to sleep in class but if I could go back I would play the system like them white people do and just cheat on everything had to much integrity when I was a kid though.

I made the same mistake of actually doing my best all through school, but believe I cheated my way through college though once I smartened up. :ehh:

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
I realized that way how most white people did so well but just never was with it lol.

I went to all white schools all my life, but never saw the white kids do it successfully until High School. My Mexican side had too much pride to cheat cause my parents taught me I had to work for everything.

:many:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Because that's what MOST of the comments on the begged video were about...the "political correctness" of the new movie. Blah blah blah...they hated the gender change.

It wasn't misogyny. It was another lameass Hollywood attempt to take a franchise and recycle it with a female lead because they're too lazy/scared to try something original. Then, they turned around and sold it as a girl-power flick "sorry boys!"

GL with that bullshyt

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because that's what MOST of the comments on the begged video were about...the "political correctness" of the new movie. Blah blah blah...they hated the gender change.
Wrong. Watch the video I posted earlier. It has been verified that Sony was deleting comments that criticized the movie for just generally looking bad, and leaving up all misogynist comments in order to paint the picture that only sexists had a problem with the movie. When in reality, the movie just isn't that good.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Wrong. Watch the video I posted earlier. It has been verified that Sony was deleting comments that criticized the movie for just generally looking bad, and leaving up all misogynist comments in order to paint the picture that only sexists had a problem with the movie. When in reality, the movie just isn't that good.

It's definitely not great, but it's not bad either. I'm not the type that just likes a movie because a bunch of women are in it. There have been some real stinkers, especially with Melissa McCarthy. She generally annoys me, so for me to enjoy this movie means it was able to transcend my dislike of her whole persona in general. The people saying this is terrible just seem to have an agenda to me. But hey, we all have different opinions.